What is the best way to keep an eye on preorders?

What is the best way to keep an eye on when preorders will come out for feth and if/when special editions come out? It was such a pain finding out later down the line for when fates came and it was all sold out. Is there a website or something that will update you/send you a notification the moment its available? Thanks :)

Trying to beat the scrappers(? I think that's what theyre called). But checking amazon and Twitter constantly is crazy especially if it doesnt become available for months. What Twitter do you check?

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They do, but it appears to be a placeholder, as they have no cover art or information. There is also no indication of a special edition, which many (myself included) may be interested in.

Just now, Etheus said:

They do, but it appears to be a placeholder, as they have no cover art or information. There is also no indication of a special edition, which many (myself included) may be interested in.

The OP was talking about pre-orders in general. And for the basic game, they're up; not like pre-ordering now won't get you the game.

As for the Special Edition part, that's a whole other can of worms that we can't even predict right now.

Oh wow.. that was fast! Thanks for linking me! Ill have to reserve a copy and try to keep an eye out for the special edition announcement. 

Rather than predict when the SE will release. Do you have a personal way of keeping an eye out for when it announces?

23 minutes ago, Zalphory said:

Trying to beat the scrappers(? I think that's what theyre called). But checking amazon and Twitter constantly is crazy especially if it doesnt become available for months. What Twitter do you check?

scalpers, and I hope they don't sell a single unit, they are part of the reason why these things are never in stock, if there were no scalpers I swear that we would always have enough to go around.

I don't know what I will do about a special edition, I will probably look into it, after all the worst it could be is $100, and that doesn't kill me much, though that depends on if there is anything worth getting, I loved SoV's pins personally, and the art book was nice.

20 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

scalpers, and I hope they don't sell a single unit, they are part of the reason why these things are never in stock, if there were no scalpers I swear that we would always have enough to go around.

I don't know what I will do about a special edition, I will probably look into it, after all the worst it could be is $100, and that doesn't kill me much, though that depends on if there is anything worth getting, I loved SoV's pins personally, and the art book was nice.

Ah that's right its scalpers lol i was close xD But that's very understandable. They ruin the market with their greed when we just want too enjoy a special product to support the devs. In a way it kinda reminds me of the crypto mining and gpu market conundrum but less toxic compared to scalpers. 

I believe youre right in that the most it'll cost would be $100. The only way it would cost more is if it included a model figurine of one of the characters. I just hope they dont pull what they did with fates in that you could only get all versions of the game in that edition otherwise you would have to buy two separate copies and the dlc.

I check websites I am willing to order from once a day and when I see the SE/LE up for preorder I try to order at my local GameStop first because I can talk to a real person.  The last time I ordered a game online it came with a messed up disc that would not play (lucky for me it was from GameStop and my local store which I have been going to for 15 years now was kind enough to exchange it but still).  Honestly my advice is get to know the employees at a store that you want to buy games the manager at my GameStop has seen me grow up and since I am the only white girl who goes in there he tends to keep a preorder open for me since I have yet to be told I can't preorder at that GameStop, the other thing is I pay the preorder in full right away so they have a harder time canceling on me since I am payed up (from what I have heard GS tends to cancel on the people who have not paid in full over those who have paid up).  I have had bad luck preordering things online so at least for me in store is the way to go if I can, and I refuse to preorder anything from Amazon after my bad luck with trying to get a figure of my favorite anime character from them where they strung me along for 11 months saying they would ship to me before they finally canceled on me and now I will never have that figure.  But anyway my advice is stick with a local store where you can talk to real people and pay in full when you preorder.

1 hour ago, Zalphory said:

usually i put Nintendo Canada, and some other guy (I honestly don't remember his name, and i don't have my phone) so i always get their twitter alerts. then i don't have to check, when it goes live, ping goes my phone, and poof goes my pre-order game :)

and I hear you on scalpers. they are the devil. 

Edited by daisy jane

23 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I check websites I am willing to order from once a day and when I see the SE/LE up for preorder I try to order at my local GameStop first because I can talk to a real person.  The last time I ordered a game online it came with a messed up disc that would not play (lucky for me it was from GameStop and my local store which I have been going to for 15 years now was kind enough to exchange it but still).  Honestly my advice is get to know the employees at a store that you want to buy games the manager at my GameStop has seen me grow up and since I am the only white girl who goes in there he tends to keep a preorder open for me since I have yet to be told I can't preorder at that GameStop, the other thing is I pay the preorder in full right away so they have a harder time canceling on me since I am payed up (from what I have heard GS tends to cancel on the people who have not paid in full over those who have paid up).  I have had bad luck preordering things online so at least for me in store is the way to go if I can, and I refuse to preorder anything from Amazon after my bad luck with trying to get a figure of my favorite anime character from them where they strung me along for 11 months saying they would ship to me before they finally canceled on me and now I will never have that figure.  But anyway my advice is stick with a local store where you can talk to real people and pay in full when you preorder.

You know, i only managed to get my special edition from gamestop for fe fates. I couldnt find it anywhere and the scalpers had bought them all out and were selling them at a premium. Tbh amazon has never given me a problem, and if there was, they'd always replace it for me. However i cant say itll be the same for SEs when they dont have anymore in stock to replace it for you. I really dont like gamestop though.. but they are good for backup preordering or if you want that physical copy picked up.

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

usually i put Nintendo Canada, and some other guy (I honestly don't remember his name, and i don't have my phone) so i always get their twitter alerts. then i don't have to check, when it goes live, ping goes my phone, and poof goes my pre-order game :)

and I hear you on scalpers. they are the devil. 

Check back here later with the name please? :)

Edited by Zalphory

2 hours ago, Zalphory said:

You know, i only managed to get my special edition from gamestop for fe fates. I couldnt find it anywhere and the scalpers had bought them all out and were selling them at a premium. Tbh amazon has never given me a problem, and if there was, they'd always replace it for me. However i cant say itll be the same for SEs when they dont have anymore in stock to replace it for you. I really dont like gamestop though.. but they are good for backup preordering or if you want that physical copy picked up.

Check back here later with the name please? :)

I'll try - not to be vague LOL it's just that i don't know how to check whom i get alerts from. but when i do i totally will :) 

22 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'll try - not to be vague LOL it's just that i don't know how to check whom i get alerts from. but when i do i totally will :) 

If its too much trouble don't worry about it. Its no biggie but thanks anyways xD i can just do some research to find a few to get alerts from. I honestly hope the SE isnt anything special that you miss out on some conveniences or content for the game. I dont want the scalpers to win. If i remember correctly, sov didnt really sell out its SE. There wasnt anything in it that really stood out.

1 hour ago, Zalphory said:

If its too much trouble don't worry about it. Its no biggie but thanks anyways xD i can just do some research to find a few to get alerts from. I honestly hope the SE isnt anything special that you miss out on some conveniences or content for the game. I dont want the scalpers to win. If i remember correctly, sov didnt really sell out its SE. There wasnt anything in it that really stood out.

follow this guy:
@lbabinz

and honestly i agree with you. with all of it. I was so happy that i was able to et a copy of path of radiance for 70.00 because people are selling it for like 300 dollars. same with the special edition for fates. i figure nope. (my wish is that nintendo would just make more copies but eh). we'll see what TH does. 

Edited by daisy jane

17 hours ago, daisy jane said:

follow this guy:
@lbabinz

and honestly i agree with you. with all of it. I was so happy that i was able to et a copy of path of radiance for 70.00 because people are selling it for like 300 dollars. same with the special edition for fates. i figure nope. (my wish is that nintendo would just make more copies but eh). we'll see what TH does. 

Thanks a bunch Daisy Jane ^-^

Oh wow path of radiance.. that was so long ago. I wasnt even aware it existed till i got the gamecube when twilight princess released. I was only aware of the gba games and was a fan of those. What did that SE include?

Though nintendo can make more copies, scalpers will find a way to still buy out that stock. Its probably what happened to the switch for the first year until it calmed down. Same with the Wii.  The instant copies were up for sale, they were gone. Except with SEs, there isnt that period where things eventually mellow out.

@cute chao- ehh i dont visit game stores that often that id see the same people there to actually strike up a mild friendship. I buy things online most of the time.

Edited by Zalphory

I didn't want to start a new topic with this question so:

While I'm confident a non-console SE is coming, was wondering what you guys thought about the likelihood of an official FE:TH Switch bundle closer to release date? I havent purchased a Switch yet as FE16 was to be my primary driving factor, but with the release being next year and a couple of other games current and upcoming I'm interested in, I'm at a loss. I would absolutely want a FE themed switch without double dipping or seperatly buying the themed joycons. I could also purchase the other games later.

I realize Fates didn't have an official 3DS bundle, but with Heroes being so succesful, I'm concerned i might be jumping the gun and they'll chance it.

Thoughts?

On 6/15/2018 at 12:04 PM, Cute Chao said:

Make friends with someone who works in a Game store... that's my new plan of action xD

LOL this too! 
it's how i secured my copy of Octopath Traveller SE. (though i don't want it coz you don't get anything special that I want). 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:42 PM, Zalphory said:

Thanks a bunch Daisy Jane ^-^

Oh wow path of radiance.. that was so long ago. I wasnt even aware it existed till i got the gamecube when twilight princess released. I was only aware of the gba games and was a fan of those. What did that SE include?

Though nintendo can make more copies, scalpers will find a way to still buy out that stock. Its probably what happened to the switch for the first year until it calmed down. Same with the Wii.  The instant copies were up for sale, they were gone. Except with SEs, there isnt that period where things eventually mellow out.

@cute chao- ehh i dont visit game stores that often that id see the same people there to actually strike up a mild friendship. I buy things online most of the time.

you are v. welcome. 
I don't know. I got into FE last year and it really sucked me in and that's all i've basically played this entire calendar. It's just that PoR is so expensive in scalp land (people have the nerve to sell the booklet for 100 dollars and the game for like 200++) . i was just really lucky that i finally got it for 70.00 (no book but i'll live). I did get bummed that i couldn't get the tangible Fates SE cartridge. i just have BR/CQ. (I knew that you can DLC one of the two, but i like having the physical copies). 

4 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

I didn't want to start a new topic with this question so:

While I'm confident a non-console SE is coming, was wondering what you guys thought about the likelihood of an official FE:TH Switch bundle closer to release date? I havent purchased a Switch yet as FE16 was to be my primary driving factor, but with the release being next year and a couple of other games current and upcoming I'm interested in, I'm at a loss. I would absolutely want a FE themed switch without double dipping or seperatly buying the themed joycons. I could also purchase the other games later.

I realize Fates didn't have an official 3DS bundle, but with Heroes being so succesful, I'm concerned i might be jumping the gun and they'll chance it.

Thoughts?

maybe not nintendo - but probably gamestop etc. 

On 6/15/2018 at 5:42 PM, Zalphory said:

cute chao- ehh i dont visit game stores that often that id see the same people there to actually strike up a mild friendship. I buy things online most of the time.

If you live near a game story, it might be worth going in a bit more often and striking up conversations. You'll be amazed :) 

I currently have someone who sets aside preowned games or sales games that come in, if I've expressed an interest in them, too. I do shop online a fair bit, as well, so it's whatever gets me the best deal. They do also sometimes save preorder items for me, if they haven't all gone (I got the GAME exclusive Echoes map that way, which was handy). 

Of course, it's just a suggestion, but it might help if you're worried.

Amazon will put it up over midnight PST usually the day after the direct or shortly after, so if you stay up late or am noctornal (like I am), people will mention it on reddit or here and you can grab one.

Edited by IonicAmalgam

I use https://www.nowinstock.net/ for all my Collectors/Limited/Special Edition needs. It's a stock tracking website that is live 24/7. Even if you are doing business in another tab, it'll light up and beep to alert you if something has become available or restocked. It's how I snagged a copy of Fire Emblem Fates' Special Edition and it is a god send; I make sure to always keep a tab open around major game edition announcements in case they get greenlit when Im not paying attention.

If there's a Nintendo Direct going on, I'd pull up multiple sites they usually sell these at and refresh over the course of the Direct in case the SE gets announced then. I got really lucky with Fates SE with a similar method.

I would honestly wait for upcoming Nintendo Directs and open any if not most online purchase sites in case they suddenly dropped news on a SE coming it makes it easier for me!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

These are all amazing suggestions everyone. I feel more prepared now xD

So nintendo will only drop SEs after a direct announcement? They wont drop it at a random date or time separate from directs?