r/fireemblem petition to ban the word "waifu" from the subreddit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

These people really need to get laid.

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to put up with these people if such little things make them so angry?

17 hours ago, Oz â™  said:

Ban it everywhere along with the word "meme".

Fine. But then can I ask you who your ufiaw is and your favorite emems are? Or how about your waife and memzs? And who is your favorite "apple" and what are your favorite "likes"?

On 6/15/2018 at 1:16 PM, Oz â™  said:

yeah, that's gonna solve it

sarcasm disclaimer

Lol.  Don't people on Reddit put /s  or something at the end of the posts to show they're being sarcastic?

21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to put up with these people if such little things make them so angry?

Probably not, except maybe the other weirdos that supported the ban.  

They could just censor the word, not ban it outright.  For example: "My w*ifu is Rei because she has a nice smile."

On 6/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Charmeleonbrah said:

These people really need to get laid.

They're like incels. Getting laid would probably do wonders, but they do everything possible to repel people. 

Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, and bring up your grievances when it's actually appropriate.

"The conversation around FE has deteriorated! Let's make it worse to make it better!" is a very odd way to go about things. 

Edited by Slumber

12 hours ago, Slumber said:

They're like incels. Getting laid would probably do wonders, but they do everything possible to repel people. 

Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, and bring up your grievances when it's actually appropriate.

"The conversation around FE has deteriorated! Let's make it worse to make it better!" is a very odd way to go about things. 

From what I've gathered from the 'Serious Discussions' posts and other places, there's probably a decent amount of people who are 'incels' on this forum, though I doubt any identify with the word.

The Internet is to autists/introverts what smallpox was to the Indians; they just can't handle it. Lol

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The Internet is to autists/introverts what smallpox was to the Indians; they just can't handle it. Lol

Autists- as in autistic people?

Excuse moi! Select thy language more carefully, we're not always raging and inconsiderate of others. We can tolerate, we can empathize and sympathize, we rein ourselves in sometimes too, I've certainly worked harder to do this as I've gotten older. I stand out much more often for what I love and say that isn't in the least based in rage than the contrary. And I would think I am a perfectly adapted and fair member of this website, and am I not?

Your choice of language is also possibly tinged with a lack of understanding for the Native Americans/First Nations/Indigenous/Aboriginals/whichever terms they would prefer be used. They hadn't the choice that they had been cut off from the diseases of the Eurasian-African world and thus had no inherited immunity to them, and neither did they have no choice about choosing to be infected with them or not. *Cough* The crushing of Pontiac's Rebellion being an extreme case of it being otherwise. *Coughs into a blanket*

Furthermore, the choice of people with autism being on the Internet or not is arguably not a choice either. The Native Americans had no choice about becoming part of a globalized-disease exchanging world. And to be an individual in the modern day and age, I don't think there really is much choice for those with autism to be on or off the Internet. It is so ubiquitous and so essential for daily existence, that few avenues would open to one who avoided it entirely.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Autists- as in autistic people?

Excuse moi! Select thy language more carefully, we're not always raging and inconsiderate of others. We can tolerate, we can empathize and sympathize, we rein ourselves in sometimes too, I've certainly worked harder to do this as I've gotten older. I stand out much more often for what I love and say that isn't in the least based in rage than the contrary. And I would think I am a perfectly adapted and fair member of this website, and am I not?

Your choice of language is also possibly tinged with a lack of understanding for the Native Americans/First Nations/Indigenous/Aboriginals/whichever terms they would prefer be used. They hadn't the choice that they had been cut off from the diseases of the Eurasian-African world and thus had no inherited immunity to them, and neither did they have no choice about choosing to be infected with them or not. *Cough* The crushing of Pontiac's Rebellion being an extreme case of it being otherwise. *Coughs into a blanket*

Furthermore, the choice of people with autism being on the Internet or not is arguably not a choice either. The Native Americans had no choice about becoming part of a globalized-disease exchanging world. And to be an individual in the modern day and age, I don't think there really is much choice for those with autism to be on or off the Internet. It is so ubiquitous and so essential for daily existence, that few avenues would open to one who avoided it entirely.

I meant no offense, I'm actially on spectrum myself and my brother has diagnosed Aspergers.  My point, which was conveyed thru joke, is that unfiltered access to Internet since childhood has probably done pepo more harm than good, and r/Incels is a good example of this, also /pol and other stuff I won't mention.

5 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

From what I've gathered from the 'Serious Discussions' posts and other places, there's probably a decent amount of people who are 'incels' on this forum, though I doubt any identify with the word.

I think part of being an Incel is somebody who identifies as it. 

There are plenty people who are virgins and are totally(Or mostly) fine with it. 

Self-identified Incels seem to be people that feel slighted over the fact that they can't get laid. They feel entitled to sex and hate women.

Much like how these people feel entitled to Fire Emblem and hate new players who joined for waifus.

Glad I didn't join the subreddit.

This forum is way better, even if it has some problems from time to time.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I think part of being an Incel is somebody who identifies as it. 

There are plenty people who are virgins and are totally(Or mostly) fine with it. 

Self-identified Incels seem to be people that feel slighted over the fact that they can't get laid. They feel entitled to sex and hate women.

Much like how these people feel entitled to Fire Emblem and hate new players who joined for waifus.

This is the first time I've ever heard of the word "Incel". Why is this a thing lol

I think they are most likely trying to reach high standard like going after supermodel or something like that. I am a 4 at best and yet found someone through dating apps willing to take my virginity away. Sex is overrated, everyone should just play fire emblem instead. 

2 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

This is the first time I've ever heard of the word "Incel". Why is this a thing lol

I think they are most likely trying to reach high standard like going after supermodel or something like that. I am a 4 at best and yet found someone through dating apps willing to take my virginity away. Sex is overrated, everyone should just play fire emblem instead. 

It's the internet. Everything is a thing.

10 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Sex is overrated, everyone should just play fire emblem instead. 

'Ey I have no idea what's going on here but this is an entertaining quote and I wanted to give you props for writing it.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:35 AM, The DanMan said:

r/fireemblem is incredibly stupid at this point

Fanartists who draw anything remotely "fanservicey" get harassed.
A writer for Eurogamer was personally attacked and discredited as a journalist for saying he found FEW to be a better crossover than FEH.
The Heroes sub as treated as the pit of degeneracy for actually having casual conversation.

You get the picture.

Oh wow. Why is Serenes so different when it's the same basic concept (ie, a Fire Emblem discussion board).

16 hours ago, Nobody said:

the fire emblem subreddit is actually pretty decent

we also have shitposts in this very forum

But those shitposts at least have some level of humour to them and we can all have a good laugh.
After reading through this topic: boy, am I glad that this is the only forum on the internet I'm an actual member of.

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. Why is Serenes so different when it's the same basic concept (ie, a Fire Emblem discussion board).

Beats me. This site somehow attracts very decent folks, it seems (not to stroke my own ego, since I don't consider myself decent at all.)