Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, jake72002 said:

musketeer and dragoon. guns baby. ?

Guns... what? Do you hope to see them, expect to see them, or did you see them somewhere in the trailer? I'm going to guess the first one, but could you please offer a little clarification?

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Guns... what? Do you hope to see them, expect to see them, or did you see them somewhere in the trailer? I'm going to guess the first one, but could you please offer a little clarification?

the First one. of course, that is just a wishful thinking. I mean, come on. The fashion on the new game screams "Renaissance!!!" and not "Medieval!!!". also, guns were already existing since 1300's and, IIRC, heavily used during Hussite Wars.

I want griffons. The blue crest on the map seems to have a griffon on it, so I hope that means they are back. They were shit in FEA, but I still liked them since I just really like griffons.

Honestly, this game seems to have bow and sword wielding clerics, so I'm really not too sure what to expect from there. As said above Griffons are probably back, and we see cavaliers, pegasi and barbarians in cg. Also more conventional sword, lance, bow and magic users in gameplay.

All I can say is that it feels like a lot of classes will be missing from Fates. The iron maiden thing makes me think maybe mechanist will be back in some form, and also perhaps ballistitian because advance wars nods?

I'd like to see ninjas again normally, but they probably wouldn't fit. Onis would be cool, but them plus barbarians is overkill(assuming those really were barbarians).

If there are any beast/dragons/shapeshifter characters. then they should come in small numbers. What I hated in RD was that, all royal beast units outclassed most Human characters except Ike. I still prefer most of my heroes human thank you very much!

Edited by Arvin

I just hope they surprise me with a new beast class, they are my favorite :D:. At least I know the manakete class will be there, but I'm hoping for a new one with stats that are similar to the wolfskin class.

I'm curious as to what Mercedes is.

She's definitely church-ly, but her garb is NOTHING like anything any sword-wielding classes in the franchise look like. My first inclination was "Oh, Mages/Clerics use Swords when they're not using Magic", but she has the generic swordie mooks, while the character shown using Magic in the trailer, has Mage mooks. Which means Mercedes is likely a physical class, but what in the world would that be?

I highly doubt she's a Mercenary or a Myrmidon.

If the hints that dismounting are back are true, then she might be a dismounted Cavalier or, most likely just going off the garb, a dismounted Valkyrie(The Tellius style Valkyries/Jugdral style Paladins).

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

She's definitely church-ly, but her garb is NOTHING like anything any sword-wielding classes in the franchise look like. My first inclination was "Oh, Mages/Clerics use Swords when they're not using Magic", but she has the generic swordie mooks, while the character shown using Magic in the trailer, has Mage mooks. Which means Mercedes is likely a physical class, but what in the world would that be?

If the hints that dismounting are back are true, then she might be a dismounted Cavalier or, most likely just going off the garb, a dismounted Valkyrie(The Tellius style Valkyries/Jugdral style Paladins).

Could be priestess, crusader or templar

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Could be priestess, crusader or templar

Priestess is less likely to me, purely because that's a class that has existed in only one game(Technically two, but they're the same game. Also not counting the Fates version since that actually has a different name in Japanese). It WAS the most recent one, but I'm hesitant to expect a one-off class that hasn't appeared in any games for 25 years to come back.

The other two I don't expect because those literally don't exist. I'm going off of what has actually been in FE games. I'm sure they could come up with a bunch of unique classes for the Church of Seiros, but I wouldn't expect it.

Edited by Slumber

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

It's very confusing on what her class is. I don't think she's recruitable though because her 3D render looks generic and not unique. 

I'm going to say she's a dismounted Valkyrie if dismounting mechanics are coming back. If not, maybe she's just some new class.

3 minutes ago, GenricRunner said:

I want to see assassins in this game, If there were they best stat would probably be speed and their worst stats are defense I have no idea if they were added in one of the previous fire emblem games.

assassins are in almost every game

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

It's very confusing on what her class is. I don't think she's recruitable though because her 3D render looks generic and not unique. 

I'm going to say she's a dismounted Valkyrie if dismounting mechanics are coming back. If not, maybe she's just some new class.

The generic render is probably due to the game not being finished yet. Hilda sports one as well, and if you look at map models of your characters that aren't Byleth or Edelgard, they look like generics too.

Also, we're talking about a Valkyrie with 13 HP and seemingly low stats accross the board. Honestly, I just think clerics use bows or swords to defend themselves in this game. Bows as well because we can spot a few units dressed in robes using bows.

That or they're in a new, different class entirely.

1 hour ago, GenricRunner said:

Sorry for my stupidity.

Nobody thought you were stupid, don't worry.

Edited by Cysx

Personally, I hope they take a few notes from heroes and give us a wide variety of armors, rather than make them our "tank" class, make them just superior stat wise, and then give them multiple classifications, higher stats in general, lower movement.

I also want my dragons as usual, and like hardin said older styled or laguz styled and this game becomes a favorite a lot easier.

Beasts who don't feel tacked on (I doubt this one given the trailer).

I also want amiibo units back like fates did

i think armors in addition to the con system would be very interesting as you would have to balance your armor weight with your weapon weight. this would create a more interesting way of fighting  as there would be a much larger variance in people's characters, and would allow people to strategize more and work with their particular play style.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:20 AM, jake72002 said:

musketeer and dragoon. guns baby. ?

High attack, low base accuracy, can't double.  Damage increased by SKL? 

I remember this one guy did some sprites based on Napoleonic Eras Fire Emblem.  Was great. 

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

The generic render is probably due to the game not being finished yet. Hilda sports one as well, and if you look at map models of your characters that aren't Byleth or Edelgard, they look like generics too.

Also, we're talking about a Valkyrie with 13 HP and seemingly low stats accross the board. Honestly, I just think clerics use bows or swords to defend themselves in this game. Bows as well because we can spot a few units dressed in robes using bows.

That or they're in a new, different class entirely.

Ohhhhh. That makes sense. I'm surprised they haven't finished more 3D models, but it seems like the designs were made, so that's good. So Mercedes, Moustache, and The Emo Guy possibly playable characters still in the works? Cool.

There could be new classes, or classes that are dramatically changed. Given how it seems Edelgard can use magic, perhaps most characters or many classes have some sort of spell list? Then again, Edelgard has a unique class so I'm going to take that idea with a grain of salt.

I'm going to ignore the stats for now, because I suspect that the footage comes from the tutorial, so if Mercedes is playable, she'll probably have better stats. Or, they'll buff her stats for the final version. Or she's just a scrub. And if the academy thing is true, I can see the class called "student", which is similar to villager or trainee classes.

kinda hoping dismounting makes a comeback, it would be a good call back for the return to console. other then that I have a feeling were gonna see more dual weapons at base class in this one considering edelgard can wield swords and axes at base, and the foot slogging armored guy looks a lot like the map foot slogging lance guy ya can see at one point so it could either be a case of divided weapon classes for the armor line or were taking a que from fe1 and giving knights swords and lances at base.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎16 at 9:46 AM, Cysx said:

All I can say is that it feels like a lot of classes will be missing from Fates. The iron maiden thing makes me think maybe mechanist will be back in some form, and also perhaps ballistitian because advance wars nods?

Ballistician would be cool to see return, so long as they return as people with a ballista, not a tank. Other than the pitiful movement of 2 and lack of a defensive option if the enemy gets close (maybe either swords or bows would be nice), I actually really liked ballisticians in Shadow Dragon. 

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎16 at 9:46 AM, Cysx said:

I'd like to see ninjas again normally, but they probably wouldn't fit. Onis would be cool, but them plus barbarians is overkill(assuming those really were barbarians).

Given how this game seems to be going back to medieval European, I doubt any classes introduced for Hoshido in Fates will return... except maybe mechanist, since there was that giant iron thing in the trailer. 

Assuming which were barbarians? The shirtless axe-wielding guys in blue tartan kilts, or that sword-wielding guy in all the spiked armour? Just kidding about the latter (although I hope the latter isn't this game's version of the hero class; it looks too much like a sword-wielding berserker). Those axe-wielding guys are either fighters or barbarians.

I do have my classic faves like Myrmidon/Thieves/Assassins and Dark Mages/Sorcerers and I love Black Falcons and really hope to see them, too. I would even be fine with Tacticians coming back~ And Light and Dark Magic or Anima Magic would be nice to see if it returns. I really want Anima Magic back how it was in Awakening. Every Element having its own chain up into its strongest form (Fire --> Elfire --> Arcfire --> Bolganone) is so much better to me than Fire --> Thunder --> Excalibur, etc. I want strong Fire and Lightning Spells, dammit

But pleeaaasseee give me a transforming class. Manekete or some other type of shape shifter. Those are honestly always some of my strongest units and offer a nice change from the usual Weapon Triangle.

I do want my classic favorites back. Sage/Dark Mages/Assassins/Swordmasters and Hero's. And I could be down for some dragon riders (who don't wield axes or lances), and I think I'd be happy. But I also would love some new, interesting/unique classes as well. And more mixed magical/physical classes are always a plus for me.

Also agree, I want Light/Dark/Anima magic back. But also love the elements having their own increase in strength like in Awakening/Heroes. Some new interesting magic I'm always down for.

I would also love a "soldier" class. We don't have enough lance-wielding classes and in a game with all these generics, I hope we get some "Infantry Soldier" classes as well. 

On 15/06/2018 at 2:07 AM, Arcphoenix said:

One class idea I thought of back in Fates was Librarian. The class uses tomes (books) and daggers (for cutting books- something you had to do to old books in order to open and read them).

As a (future) librarian, I can confirm we're all secretly trained in dagger combat. No but this is a neat idea, kind of like the knife option for Sages in PoR except it could actually be viable now, if they keep the daggers from Fates. You would basically trade healing support for debuffing support from range. I'd use it.