Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

As for thieves and clerics, they could trade the main fighting units' capability to use the formation command with the ability to pick locks and heal, which would result in only one on the map.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/14/2018 at 4:36 PM, Corrobin said:

Well, it's just I don't like the idea of, say, Gaius or Jaffar-like characters in this game leading units of thieves or assassins into battle. It just... sort of doesn't make sense.

It might work, at least as a church/enemy unit type (ie: Inquisitors.)

I can't necessarily see Assassins working as such, but a band of Thieves is still entirely plausible.

Or of course, they can balance Thieves/Assassins/Rogues/Etc. to have a different mechanic as a substitution for Formations.

Maybe only the Lord characters will have formations/subunits. That makes the most sense to me. I don't remember many details from the trailer though, so maybe we saw other non-Lord's using formations/subunits.

I almost want to see a break in the stiff class structure. Like... take "Mercedes", maybe they are a mage/priest class. With the Attack/Magic/Combat Arts system, maybe even mages hold a martial weapon, and rather than tomes as a weapon, you use magic in another fashion. I don't know how that would work when the enemy moves on you, I feel like that could get more convoluted if its more complex like that.

That aside, I want to see myrmidon/sword masters, a decent set of magic users (mounted/flying ones pls) and mounted(flying?!) archers as well. Love me some movement range.

46 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Maybe only the Lord characters will have formations/subunits. That makes the most sense to me. I don't remember many details from the trailer though, so maybe we saw other non-Lord's using formations/subunits.

Unlikely.

We see an unnamed Archer ally at about 0:56 in the trailer, alongside Edelgard and Byleth, and he has an army. Unless there's a hidden 5th main character, it seems that everyone(Or just about) will have a squad.

Edited by Slumber

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

Unlikely.

We see an unnamed Archer ally at about 0:56 in the trailer, alongside Edelgard and Byleth, and he has an army. Unless there's a hidden 5th main character, it seems that everyone(Or just about) will have a squad.

Lots of people think that's Claude (with the wrong skin tone) from an earlier build of the game.

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Lots of people think that's Claude (with the wrong skin tone) from an earlier build of the game.

That character looks considerably older from what I can tell, though. Also we see a mage squad vs a bunch of generics, so their female leader is very likely playable, but probably not a lord.

ZS9FpLa.jpg

Edited by Cysx

6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

This guy looks like a vampire(Not to invoke those early rumors). He's way different from how we see Claude, and the only thing I can see connecting the two is "They both use bows". And with that, I ask "How many FEs don't toss like, 2-3 bow users at you within the first 5 chapters of the game?"

Edited by Slumber

I feel like different classes will have access to different formations, through class change and promotion. Stuff like a really hyper offensive formation for a Magic class, boosting offensive stats but killing the defensive stats, or a General having a formation focused on soaking damage.

Classes I'm 99% will return

• Cavaliers
  • Myrmidons
  • Mercenaries
  • Archers
  • Cleric
  • Mage
  • Wyvern Rider
  • Pegasus Knight

I'm sure you get the picture. Classes/niches I think may be altered

• Tactician
  • Refresher
  • Dark Mages
  • Troubadour
  • Villager (Could be changed to Student?)

I wonder what new ones they'll make, if any.

On 6/16/2018 at 9:00 AM, jake72002 said:

the First one. of course, that is just a wishful thinking. I mean, come on. The fashion on the new game screams "Renaissance!!!" and not "Medieval!!!". also, guns were already existing since 1300's and, IIRC, heavily used during Hussite Wars.

man i kind of hope they do implement firearms, and i agree that the fashion seems to scream a fitting era for them to exist. me and my friend discussed it once and figured they would work a lot like crossbows in RD - generally high base attack power but doesn't scale with strength. plus, in a series with magic, i don't see why we're aiming for realism here. ~*magic guns*~

I'm pretty worried about the magic classes. They have always been my favorites, and their animations were super cool in Fates. I hated what they did with Echoes (i loved collecting tomes) but it looks like it will be the same in Three Houses since magic is now a command and the mage and her soldiers don't wield tomes...

I hope they will introduce new classes, like they did with the ninja, onmyoji and kinshi knight in Fates that were pretty cool.

10 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

I'm pretty worried about the magic classes. They have always been my favorites, and their animations were super cool in Fates. I hated what they did with Echoes (i loved collecting tomes) but it looks like it will be the same in Three Houses since magic is now a command and the mage and her soldiers don't wield tomes...

I hope they will introduce new classes, like they did with the ninja, onmyoji and kinshi knight in Fates that were pretty cool.

But having magic as a command does allow for much more varied classes in how they wield it, and it's very likely that the magic diversity in Three Houses will be much wider than Echoes', meaning they could still implement a magic triangle, allowing certain classes to learn anima; light and dark spells.

12 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

I think the spell animations in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were better.

They may not wield tomes, but, to be honest, the magic variety in recent FE games has been pretty much non-existent. If this allows for greater variety in spells (bring back light magic!), and there are still dedicated magic-wielding classes like mages and clerics, then I'm fine with it. 

Magic variety has always been pretty weak in FE even with light and dark magic. The magic triangle is pretty superfluous and the light and dark magic don't really carve out out any specific niche for themselves outside of a specific tome like noseferatu. On top of all magic classes being built the same (high magic, low defense, high resistance) just leaves having no desire to see it unless light and dark magic go through some massive overhauls.

I would personally love to see more supportive fliers. As much as I am indifferent to Awakening and Fates the Falcon Knight that can use staves idea was such an interesting concept to me, and I loved Elincia with it too, and the fact that magic is it's own separate thing now means that flying healers may make a return.
Also, I have a feeling that Edelgard's magic that she has may be supportive, due to the fact that 3 offensive combat styles in a base class is a bit overkill, so what if Aristocrat can damage using axes and swords, and then heal using her healing spells. 
I was also thinking about promotions for Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude and had an idea, what if each of them gained a new movement class upon promotion. Edelgard would get a pegasus and would fulfil my dream of a flying healer(who is also a lord) and an axe pegasus, which I don't think has ever happened. Dimitri would gain a horse and maybe become a Great Knight style unit, having armour and cavalry effectiveness but all 3 physical weapons, since I have a suspicion he can use lances and swords at base. Claude I can see gaining a horse too and getting access to swords, and Idk what else if he already uses swords at base, a Bow Knight lord would be too god damn cool.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:39 AM, IGdood said:

High attack, low base accuracy, can't double.  Damage increased by SKL? 

I remember this one guy did some sprites based on Napoleonic Eras Fire Emblem.  Was great. 

Yes!

Dream Promotion Ideas for the 4 Main Characters:

Edelgard - Gains a pegasus and becomes a flier. Can use healing magic from her base class(I presume it's healing magic and not offensive), axes and swords.
Dimitri - Gains a horse or gains bulky armour. Either way can use all 3 physical weapon classes and his main draw is his diverse weapon access and access to a lot of combat arts.
Claude - Gains a horse and becomes a Bow Knight Lord. If he doesn't use swords at base I could see him gaining them upon promotion, and maybe he could use some sort of magic but Idk if that fits him.
Byleth - I see Byleth growing into a Robin-esque unit, with Swords and Magic as his main tools. I could see him use both anima and dark magic(if separate magics return) or anima, dark and healing as well as swords. It would also be really cool to adapt the armoured mage concept from Heroes into a unit in the main games, with Byleth having slightly reduced movement but access to 2 different damaging magics, healing magic and swords.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

All the staples are a sure in. 

As for the rest I think it's too early to make predictions since we haven't seen the rest of the world or the other cultures that inhabit it.

I would like to see Kinshi Knights return, albiet with some major changes to make them better units.

18 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Byleth - I see Byleth growing into a Robin-esque unit, with Swords and Magic as his main tools. I could see him use both anima and dark magic(if separate magics return) or anima, dark and healing as well as swords. It would also be really cool to adapt the armoured mage concept from Heroes into a unit in the main games, with Byleth having slightly reduced movement but access to 2 different damaging magics, healing magic and swords.

I seem to remember seeing  a scene of Byleth wielding a lance somewhere. If that is so, then Byleth may be a "Jeigan" type character who starts out as a pre-promote. Swords, lances, and magic would be an interesting combination for a character.

If light and dark magic are a thing, then maybe they could have Byleth wielding dark magic - that would be cool in my opinion, and it would fit in very well with the etymology of his name. We haven't had a main character wielding Dark Magic that I'm aware of.

Edited by GamerX51

4 hours ago, GamerX51 said:

I seem to remember seeing  a scene of Byleth wielding a lance somewhere. If that is so, then Byleth may be a "Jeigan" type character who starts out as a pre-promote. Swords, lances, and magic would be an interesting combination for a character.

If light and dark magic are a thing, then maybe they could have Byleth wielding dark magic - that would be cool in my opinion, and it would fit in very well with the etymology of his name. We haven't had a main character wielding Dark Magic that I'm aware of.

I doubt he starts off promoted, even if he is the teacher. Maybe 10 levels or so higher than the starting party. I think they'll bank in on Byleth being customisable if he is an avatar, so starting off promoted won't be the best for that ideology. However I do want him to be a mostly-silent protagonist and hopefully they do switch it up, a Jeigan player character would be a neat change.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

However I do want him to be a mostly-silent protagonist

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for this statement. Making Byleth a silent or mostly-silent protagonist would completely defeat the purpose of an avatar character. An avatar is supposed to enable the player to feel as though they are a part of the story; making Byleth silent would take away the feeling of inclusion that an Avatar provides.

Of course, all this hinges on Byleth actually being an avatar - IS could very well pull a fast one on all of us and make him a normal character.

56 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

i want druids back! canas from blazing sword...they are awesome!

I can actually see the return of traditional Light and Dark magic here so I hope that Druids do come back if Dark Magic does.