Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

9 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

A drummer would make a lot of sense. A bagpiper, surprisingly, would not be out-of-place in this game's visual style, especially since we've already seen multiple examples tartan and kilts in this game. A clarsach, or Celtic harp, would also be a neat instrument to see (picture below).

Oh my. I love the idea of bagpipes (it would fit in since we've seen kilts) and a clarsach! All this stuff beats dancers/singers IMO. While those classes are nice, let's give them a break and hopefully see something new.

9 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

And, as a fun little Easter Egg, perhaps an Ocarina player? Or maybe someone with a conductor's baton?

You are a person with great taste. I see what you did there and I approve greatly!

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Oh my. I love the idea of bagpipes (it would fit in since we've seen kilts) and a clarsach! All this stuff beats dancers/singers IMO. While those classes are nice, let's give them a break and hopefully see something new.

Agreed. Let's give singers and dancers a break. Bring in the bagpipes and Celtic harps!

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

You are a person with great taste. I see what you did there and I approve greatly!

Ah, thanks. 

I might be alone on this or I might not. I may have missed something earlier in the topic. But I would like to see different types of wyverns for wyvern riders in a squadron. I want to see different colored wyverns and different sizes. Maybe even different species, if we get unbelievably lucky.

As for the instrument idea, maybe each instrument could relate to a different buff you get? Like if you use bagpipes you get a strength and defense boost and drums are for resistance/magic? Sorta like the different bands Ninian could use in 7.

Right if Bows get Close Counter upon levelling up their rank, which weapon gets Distant Counter? My money's on Swords due to their lack of a ranged weapon but Idk how they'd portray that with combat animations. What other Heroes skills can we expect to see make an appearance, seeing as how the gameplay in general seems to take a couple of pages from Heroes' book with the class system making armoured, flying and cavalry classes that can wield a wide variety of weapons a lot more available. I could easily see Bond/Solo; Ploys and Hones/Fortifies/Drives/Spurs being standouts for bringing them to the forefront.

8 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Right if Bows get Close Counter upon levelling up their rank, which weapon gets Distant Counter? My money's on Swords due to their lack of a ranged weapon but Idk how they'd portray that with combat animations. What other Heroes skills can we expect to see make an appearance, seeing as how the gameplay in general seems to take a couple of pages from Heroes' book with the class system making armoured, flying and cavalry classes that can wield a wide variety of weapons a lot more available. I could easily see Bond/Solo; Ploys and Hones/Fortifies/Drives/Spurs being standouts for bringing them to the forefront.

Given we saw Caspar make two attacks before an enemy could counter I'd bet fist weapons get some form of Desperation's effect.

2 hours ago, Marros said:

Given we saw Caspar make two attacks before an enemy could counter I'd bet fist weapons get some form of Desperation's effect.

Since he's on 100% HP in that trailer I could see it be reverse desperation; maybe a like >50% threshold for a brave effect double.

I could also see a range extender for reason and faith mages or maybe Vantage if it isn't a regular skill.

12 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I wouldn't get my hopes on those fronts. Archers being able to fight at 1 range is not new and it wasn't new in heroes. And given that the way the support system has functioned in most games (as far as its in combat use) has been similar to drives and such I doubt they'd bring those over. All things considered it wouldn't surprise me if swords were true melee locked in this game and they just compensated by giving them advantages in other areas like durability. One might scoff at that but we've already seen evidence of it in the shop pic and if combat arts do in fact cost weapon durability, being able to use a high end combat art without tanking 40% of your weapon's durability can have some value

I know it's hard to speculate since we don't know what it does, but what classes do people think will use/boost Authority?

12 minutes ago, Marros said:

I know it's hard to speculate since we don't know what it does, but what classes do people think will use/boost Authority?

I feel like authority will affect your squads and gambits, and maybe even units around you. I can't see it affecting a class imo

14 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Would it be too early to predict the "natural" classes of each student/unit in this game?

For most people yes. But there are a few things we can gleam from existing materials.

Edelgard: We've seen in recent screenshots that she has a preference for Axes and Swords (and Authority but I'm assuming that ties into the Gambit system rather than the class system) as well as a base D in Heavy Armor. She's also apparently bad with bows and faith. If you wanted to make use of all her "talents" I guess you'd go for a General build with a focus on Swords and Axes or just opt for the Hero Class. (This is assuming the lords actually have to use the standard class system the entire game, they could certainly have their own prf classes unlocked later)

Dimitri: This is conjecture, but I'll assume he has a preference for Lances, Swords, and Authority. He's clearly our lance lord of the trio, and all of the lords being good with swords along with another weapon is a theory that's been going around for a while. If he too has a base D in a movement type I'd guess Cavalry since his nation is very Knight focused. He'd probably go with a standard Paladin, as that seems to fit his characterization and the lore we have so far.

Claude: Again this is conjecture since we haven't seen his weapon lvl screen, but I'll assume bow, sword, authority, with a maybe a D in flying. A Flying bow lord would be pretty novel, but Claude seems to be anything but a typical FE lord so perhaps that's fitting.

Lynhardt: We can see in the Direct trailer that Lynhardt has a preference for both Faith and Reason magic, and he's seen with Faith magic on multiple occasions. He's likely meant to be the Black Eagles' early game staff-bot, but he also has the talent for offensive magic too.

Dorothea: She's a bit of an interesting case as we can see her having a preference for Reason magic and Swords, with a weakness in faith. Mage is likely her primary calling card since that's what we have the most footage of (she's also used as the example for promotion into the Monk class). But if stuff like Dark Knight or Dark Flier exist than that could be her preference.

For everyone else there's considerably less evidence, as all we have to go on is some footage/screenshots of people using a particular weapon type. But in several cases we have pictures of units using multiple weapon types and that really isn't much to go on.

44 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Dimitri: This is conjecture, but I'll assume he has a preference for Lances, Swords, and Authority. He's clearly our lance lord of the trio, and all of the lords being good with swords along with another weapon is a theory that's been going around for a while. If he too has a base D in a movement type I'd guess Cavalry since his nation is very Knight focused. He'd probably go with a standard Paladin, as that seems to fit his characterisation and the lore we have so far.

In one of the previous Famitsu screens we could see that at level 2 (so... beginning of the game, one assumes?) he has a D+ in Lances, D in Authority,  E+ in Swords, and E elsewise.

We aren't shown Riding/Flying/Armour when buying weapons, so maybe he'll have a D there too? Maybe it'll end up being:

• Edelgard: D+ in Axes, D in Authority, D in Armour,  E+ in Swords
  • Dimitri: D+ in Lances, D in Authority, D in Riding,  E+ in Swords
  • Claude:  D+ in Bows, D in Authority, D in Flying,  E+ in Swords

z_5cbf0e972f205.jpg

Edited by LSM
Changed content of post after realising something that invalidated part of the information I was providing.

1 hour ago, LSM said:
  • Edelgard: D+ in Axes, D in Authority, D in Armour,  E+ in Swords
  • Dimitri: D+ in Lances, D in Authority, D in Riding,  E+ in Swords
  • Claude:  D+ in Bows, D in Authority, D in Flying,  E+ in Swords

Only thing wrong with this is that we've seen Edelgard's ranks and her axe rank was D, not D+. Makes me wonder if Dimitri and Claude will have improved movement ranks or if they will instead have a higher primary weapon rank.

32 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Only thing wrong with this is that we've seen Edelgard's ranks and her axe rank was D, not D+. Makes me wonder if Dimitri and Claude will have improved movement ranks or if they will instead have a higher primary weapon rank.

This reminds me, have we seen anyone level/rank up at all? It'll be pretty important to know if there are +,- ranks in between all the standard letter ranks or not. Also its important to know if the points required escalates with rank, as that could make reaching higher ranks of weapons you don't have natural proficiency for nearly impossible or at least very resource inefficient.

10 minutes ago, Etheus said:

One big concern for me. Give us halberders as an option. Don't pull an Echoes and only promote soldiers into knights.

While I'm with you on that, I wouldn't count on it. The Direct trailer with Edelgard seemed to show a bunch of what would be T2 classes and there wasn't a lance infantry centered option. I'd be strange, though certainly not impossible, for there to be a T1 lance infantry class and a T3 while skipping T2. Now we know that list isn't everything as there are no flyers, but the way its organized, starting with thieves and mercs (typically associated with swords) then cavs and knights (lances) then Brigand,  archer, and the magic classes, leads me to believe if a T2 lancer existed it would be there. All that said that list could just be classes that Edelgard has a non 0% chance of passing the exam for, or something like that, hence the exclusion of flyers and lancers.

5 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

This reminds me, have we seen anyone level/rank up at all? It'll be pretty important to know if there are +,- ranks in between all the standard letter ranks or not. Also its important to know if the points required escalates with rank, as that could make reaching higher ranks of weapons you don't have natural proficiency for nearly impossible or at least very resource inefficient.

While I'm with you on that, I wouldn't count on it. The Direct trailer with Edelgard seemed to show a bunch of what would be T2 classes and there wasn't a lance infantry centered option. I'd be strange, though certainly not impossible, for there to be a T1 lance infantry class and a T3 while skipping T2. Now we know that list isn't everything as there are no flyers, but the way its organized, starting with thieves and mercs (typically associated with swords) then cavs and knights (lances) then Brigand,  archer, and the magic classes, leads me to believe if a T2 lancer existed it would be there. All that said that list could just be classes that Edelgard has a non 0% chance of passing the exam for, or something like that, hence the exclusion of flyers and lancers.

I am sick and tired of halberdiers getting the shaft. They are my favorite class (despite not having my favorite characters) and are woefully underrepresented in this franchise.

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I am sick and tired of halberdiers getting the shaft. They are my favorite class (despite not having my favorite characters) and are woefully underrepresented in this franchise.

Was that pun intended?

In all seriousness, I agree. I really hope to see halberdier or some other unique soldier promotion in this game. Sadly, since it doesn't seem to even be confirmed whether or not mercenaries are returning, and they're a staple of FE (the hero class in particular even existed in the Tellius games). So, it's hard to say whether or not they'll appear. 

18 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Was that pun intended?

In all seriousness, I agree. I really hope to see halberdier or some other unique soldier promotion in this game. Sadly, since it doesn't seem to even be confirmed whether or not mercenaries are returning, and they're a staple of FE (the hero class in particular even existed in the Tellius games). So, it's hard to say whether or not they'll appear. 

No, no the pun was not intended. But I'm proud of it anyway.

Edited by Etheus

25 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Sadly, since it doesn't seem to even be confirmed whether or not mercenaries are returning

They confirmed Mercs in the Direct trailer when it showed Edelgard taking the Brigand exam

If we don't get any promoted classes at all just more and more varied classes to change into as the game progresses; I could totally see Halberdier appearing or maybe we don't get it but Soldier is basically Halberdier come late game if you stick with it.