Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, senior firehood said:

i want druids back! canas from blazing sword...they are awesome!

Druids would be cool to see return.

That being said, I can only speak for myself, but I would like to see druids wield more than just dark magic. The name druid originates from the Ancient Celts, and Celtic Mythology was full of all kinds of really cool nature-based magic, including: voluntary shapeshifting, involuntary shapeshifting, utilizing the forest itself in a major battle (think that scene in the second Lord of the Rings movie; only enchantment, rather than talking trees), etc.

To be clear; I'm not saying that druids should be entitled to two unique forms of magic; I'm saying that since dark magic is already referred to as "Elder Magic" in certain FE games, maybe it should be more than just dark magic? Maybe it could also have some nature magic?

8 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Manakete is the class I'm most excited for, playable dragons is just awesome.  

I wonder if we are going to get a playable one in this game. I noticed from the trailer that the units in each squadron hold the same weapon as their commanders in the trailer. Claude's have bows, Edelgard's have axes, Byleth's and Mercedes have swords like them, and Dmitri's have lances. If we get a playable manakete then would that mean we get a squadron of dragons Please? Or would the manakete not transform and instead use a weapon?

36 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I wonder if we are going to get a playable one in this game. I noticed from the trailer that the units in each squadron hold the same weapon as their commanders in the trailer. Claude's have bows, Edelgard's have axes, Byleth's and Mercedes have swords like them, and Dmitri's have lances. If we get a playable manakete then would that mean we get a squadron of dragons Please? Or would the manakete not transform and instead use a weapon?

Maybe just have a much smaller number of dragons than the other squads since they are so big when transformed.  

34 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

manakete with squadron?.......hmm...maybe? do you remeber that robot thing in the trailer? first u see only that robot...and when claude attack that thing u see that robot thing have a sqaudron too but i cant see what weapons they have...maybe our manakete have a groupe with some swords man too

I think that maybe, like some other classes, Manaketes will receive much better battle capabilities(movement; stats; etc) in exchange for not having a formation mechanic in game, a sort of trade off so that Manaketes will be more powerful compared to everyone else, as well as not having a squadron of manaketes to lessen their impact. It would really show the lore-based power of the manakete, defeating a small squadron by themself.

1 hour ago, YingofDarkness said:

actually, with the showing of the automation in the trailer (I didn't see a squad so that may be confirmation that it is not required) and the dragons being established, not using manaketes would be an enormous loss especially with how powerful the switch is making some big dragons possible.

I don't know how I missed that the automation enemy didn't have a squadron while I was checking through the video. Maybe it is only the human characters that will get squadrons then, or maybe some classes are the exemption. Large enemies and allies like the automaton and manakete wouldn't need squads while an assassin would just outright not want to have one around for obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think that maybe, like some other classes, Manaketes will receive much better battle capabilities(movement; stats; etc) in exchange for not having a formation mechanic in game, a sort of trade off so that Manaketes will be more powerful compared to everyone else, as well as not having a squadron of manaketes to lessen their impact. It would really show the lore-based power of the manakete, defeating a small squadron by themself.

I love this idea btw. It reminds me of one of the cutscenes I've seen in Radiant Dawn where Dheginsea takes down a castle by himself.

7 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

I love this idea btw. It reminds me of one of the cutscenes I've seen in Radiant Dawn where Dheginsea takes down a castle by himself.

I think that was Kurthnaga but that just proves my point, all dragons are just that powerful in game. Units like thieves, dancers and clerics won’t really need a formation mechanic too as their utility with stealing, dancing and healing magic could outweigh the utility of the formation mechanic, plus a battalion of thieves, dancers or clerics wouldn’t look the most realistic and sensible in game.

7 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think that was Kurthnaga but that just proves my point, all dragons are just that powerful in game. Units like thieves, dancers and clerics won’t really need a formation mechanic too as their utility with stealing, dancing and healing magic could outweigh the utility of the formation mechanic, plus a battalion of thieves, dancers or clerics wouldn’t look the most realistic and sensible in game.

You are correct; it was Kurthnaga. 

I honestly think that the dragons not having battalions would make a lot of sense; it would convey that, outside of an anti-dragon weapon or another dragon, one needs a battalion to bring them down. It would reinforce the sense that these are powerful creatures capable of feats humanity cannot achieve individually. 

One thing that, in retrospect I found a little jarring in Radiant Dawn was the inconsistent sense of scale when it came to the dragon laguz; Kurthnaga in particular. In the cinematic, he is huge and unleashes a breath attack that topples a tower. In the actual game, he is smaller than a wyvern, despite being described as larger than a wyvern. The use of battalions in this game might remedy that small issue. 

47 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

You are correct; it was Kurthnaga. 

I honestly think that the dragons not having battalions would make a lot of sense; it would convey that, outside of an anti-dragon weapon or another dragon, one needs a battalion to bring them down. It would reinforce the sense that these are powerful creatures capable of feats humanity cannot achieve individually. 

One thing that, in retrospect I found a little jarring in Radiant Dawn was the inconsistent sense of scale when it came to the dragon laguz; Kurthnaga in particular. In the cinematic, he is huge and unleashes a breath attack that topples a tower. In the actual game, he is smaller than a wyvern, despite being described as larger than a wyvern. The use of battalions in this game might remedy that small issue. 

Kurthnaga was the youngest of the dragon laguz, that is why he was so small, compare him to dheginsea, dheginsea is huge.

I wonder since Magic is a different selection now more classes would have access to it. I would personally love for more Fliers and Armoured units to be able to use magic, but perhaps it'll be more determined by each individual unit, say one of the Pegasus Sisters learns a Fire Spell at LV 5, but another learns a Heal Spell at the same level, giving them more differentiated roles.

4 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Kurthnaga was the youngest of the dragon laguz, that is why he was so small, compare him to dheginsea, dheginsea is huge.

I understand him being small for a dragon, and yes; Dheginsea is massive. My point was that Radiant Dawn sometimes seemed to forget at times what height Kurthnaga is supposed to be. In the game, wyverns tower over him. Whereas, in the cinematic, he is outright massive. Before the cinematic, Ulki hears him coming and says this:

Ulki: “It’s flying toward us… The flapping sounds heavier than a wyvern… It sounds huge.”

After the cinematic plays, this image appears:

fe10-kurthnaga-and-elincia-halt-the-battle.png
Now, this is compared to a Pegasus, but, according to this image, a Pegasus goes up to about his kneecap in height. This means that a wyvern stands at maybe two thirds of his height?

So, either the in-game shots of him are correct, and he's smaller than a laguz, in which case Ulki's description, the cinematic, and the picture are off, or the cinematic, picture, and Ulki's description is correct, and one of the smallest dragon laguz is far larger than a wyvern.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I understand him being small for a dragon, and yes; Dheginsea is massive. My point was that Radiant Dawn sometimes seemed to forget at times what height Kurthnaga is supposed to be. In the game, wyverns tower over him. Whereas, in the cinematic, he is outright massive. Before the cinematic, Ulki hears him coming and says this:

Ulki: “It’s flying toward us… The flapping sounds heavier than a wyvern… It sounds huge.”

After the cinematic plays, this image appears:

fe10-kurthnaga-and-elincia-halt-the-battle.png
Now, this is compared to a Pegasus, but, according to this image, a Pegasus goes up to about his kneecap in height. This means that a wyvern stands at maybe two thirds of his height?

So, either the in-game shots of him are correct, and he's smaller than a laguz, in which case Ulki's description, the cinematic, and the picture are off, or the cinematic, picture, and Ulki's description is correct, and one of the smallest dragon laguz is far larger than a wyvern.

Honestly, I think it was system limitations, they probably wanted him to be notably smaller than the other dragons, but that would lead to him being quite a bit smaller than lore would state.

apart from that, can I just marvel at how fierce the tellius dragons looked, seriously, by far some of the best dragons in the series, I really hope three houses does something great with dragons, these guys look like they could take a hit from a tank and respond with equal force.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎02 at 7:28 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

apart from that, can I just marvel at how fierce the tellius dragons looked, seriously, by far some of the best dragons in the series, I really hope three houses does something great with dragons, these guys look like they could take a hit from a tank and respond with equal force.

Agreed. They do look impressive, though I personally would've removed the shoulder spikes Kurthnaga has in the picture. 

Edited by vanguard333

Going from the mural artwork the dragons don’t look like pushovers, but there’s a high chance that they are quadruped this time, which would be a neat change if their animations are effectively made with that in mind.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:23 AM, HappyHawlucha. said:

Thanks for everybody that corrected me! I'm not sure how I got them messed up.

Although I agree on the thieves and dancers part, I can see how having a team of clerics would still look realistic. In the video we can see that when characters get hit some of their squad disappears. Assuming they aren't all dead but severely injured then when they get healed they would then just fade is again to show that they have been healed. If this is how healing works then it would make sense for there to be a squad of only medical personnel to heal everybody and not just the commander.

It would be nice that Freelancer comeback,  but the Freelancer need a lot of change i think cuz if they use the same system of shadow dragon(DS ver) its kinda strange i think.

Classes I want to see would include Pirates/Berserkers, Fighters/Warriors, Axe Cavaliers/Gold Knights, Draco Riders, Druids that staff animation, Laguz (especially Wolf and Lion based), Master Knight (unlikely), Mercenaries with huge two-handed swords, Nomads, Dread Fighters (maybe a combination between how they functioned in Echoes, Fates and Awakening) Griffon Rider (an entire class line, maybe give them Swords and Lances and make them a flying paladin like class. Very unlikely), Sentinals, Marshalls, Mageknights (FE4 version) Weapon Masters. Well there you have the classes I would like to see, some are likely to appear others are debatable at best but nonetheless I would like to see them make a return as is the case with Master Knight, the Laguz, and Griffon Riders and I REALLY want to see a more Tellius like design for the Draco Riders/Wyvern lords in this game. Only time will tell.

I was thinking; Robert the Bruce quite notably was an axe-wielding cavalryman. Considering the trailer showed axe infantry wearing kilts and the theory that the Kingdom of Fergus will be a Scottish-inspired kingdom, it would be nice to see axe cavalry return, and I don't mean as great knights. I can think of a few options for this:

1. Replace Great Knight with something else that uses axes. 

2. There's a separate cavalry class that uses axes. Maybe referred to as something along the lines of a cavalry raider.

3. The weapons the cavalry class uses varies with the unit, kind of like in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn (or a mix of the two games' methods).

Edited by vanguard333

I hope whatever happens, I hope gender locked classes don't return. I find the only valid reason to have it is to prevent all your units from having a totally broken skill. ( Looking at you Galeforce. ) Otherwise, it only promotes gender roles. 

On the topic of Galeforce, if it does return it should probably be a combat art to prevent it's complete brokenness, sack 20HP or whatever the cost for Arts is in this game(I have a feeling it may be weapon durability points) to move and attack again after combat. Being a combat art would also mean it wouldn't be tied to a class but most likely weapon proficiency or specific characters, say when a Falcon Knight gets to A Rank in Lances they are able to learn Galeforce, but another Falcon Knight is able to learn another art because the arts are tied to the unit. I'd imagine about 3 or 4 characters would be able to learn Galeforce as a weapon art and might be considered one of the rarer ones throughout the game.