Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

Doctor Seuss Mafia: X-Site Summer Invitational

61PIElFgCrL.png?width=711&height=597

RULES
1. We (Aquilla and Iris) are the hosts, and what we say goes. Edits to these rules may come at any time, although you will be informed if this occurs.
2. This game is NOC (No Outside Contact). Communicate in the game thread only, unless your role allows you to do otherwise.
3. Speaking during the night phase is disallowed unless you are directly told otherwise.
4. Don't talk to dead people, don't talk to non-players who aren't hosts/Informed Observers. Only when you die and are provided game information by the mods is this acceptable.
5. Taking screenshots of outside communications with the host, real or forged, will result in an instant modkill. This covers Role PMs, images therein, night results and anything else. Do not directly quote your role PM or any action results; paraphrase instead. You also may not refer to any private communication you have had with the mod at all, real or fake.
6. Do NOT edit your posts.We will be moderating this heavily.
7. If you are modkilled by any fault of your own, you lose, and any attempt at gaining an advantage for your faction through them will be punished.
8. If you don't post for 24 hours, we will prod you. After enough prods, we will attempt to sub you out or modkill you if that isn't possible. Please let us and/or the game know in advance of any absences.
9. Do not discuss substitutions, including why/why not someone subbed and what that may or may not mean for their alignment.
10. Do not publicly tag or ask the mod anything whatsoever. If you have a question, DM/PM us.
11. Be civil, and make sure to have fun!

MECHANICS
1. This game starts on Day 1.
2. Days last for approximately 52 hours, while nights last for 20. Start of Day (SOD) is 6 PM EDT / End of Day (EOD) is 10 PM EDT. There will be no deadline extensions.
3. The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. 2/3rd hammers and ends phase early. Ties lead to a randomized lynch between the players who are tied in votes.
4. *YLO will be announced. Whether it is potential *YLO or *YLO will not be announced. *YLO is defined as a phase where the town can lose at the beginning of the immediate day phase. In *YLO, to hammer, only majority is needed.
5. This game is not bastard.
6. To vote, use the following format: ##Vote: <USER> and to unvote use ##Unvote; if you are just switching your vote, you do not need to unvote.
7. The mafia can communicate during the Day through a private Discord server provided; dead scum will not be able to talk after their death.
8. This is a simple closed setup. There are no third parties. There are no roles that would interfere with the accuracy of investigative roles.
9. The win conditions for both factions are provided.
9a. The town win condition is as follows: You are aligned with the Blue Fish. You win when all threats to the Blue Fish are eliminated.
9b. The mafia win condition is as follows: You are aligned with the Red Fish.You win when the Red Fish reach parity with the Blue Fish or nothing can prevent this from happening.
10. Flavor is unrelated to alignment. Alignments were randomized for characters, and then roles were randomized for players, etc.
11. The mafia kill will be assigned; that is, the mafia must designate one member of their faction to send on the kill that night. The member assigned the factional kill will be able to perform any additional abilities that night, if any. The mafia must send in a kill every night.
12. Actions will be told whether they are successful or not. Actions are successful when no external role prevents the action from occurring (ex: a kill on a target that was saved by a protective would be considered successful, but if the kill was roleblocked, it would get a failure message). Actions that get redirected will be notified about where their action would get redirected to.
13. Any conflicts between night actions will be resolved with the following order of operations:

• Commuting
  • Hiding
  • Strongman Killing
  • Absorbing
  • Busdriving
  • Roleblocking
  • Jailkeeping
  • Redirecting
  • Protecting
  • Miscellaneous
  • Killing
  • Investigative
Edited by Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MISSION STATEMENT
This is a summer invitational game. Players from Serenes Forest (the homesite), Town of Salem, Smashboards, Student Doctor Network, Mafiascum, Mafia Universe, and more have been invited to join this cross-site game. That said, please honor the site meta and keep the serious to shitposting/memeing percentage to 90% former with 10% the latter. Take this game as a friendly exhibition match with the aim of growing the meta and interacting with new and different players. Good luck to all and most importantly, enjoy yourself and have fun!

STARTING PLAYERLIST (24)

@Alpha Male (LordQuas)
@Animal Midwife
@Donald Trump (Gorf)
@dyachei
@Elemina (Ranmaru)
@EvanManManMan
@Ichigo (Dunnstral)
@Jinrou (Zarathustra)
@JohnCarter
@Magnificence Incarnate (Marth)
@manti (Mantichora)
@Mello
@moonbird (Moon)
@Naana
@Omega. (YOLOSWAG)
@Orihime (Chelsea/MariaR)
@Refa
@Ryker
@SB.
@Shattiel
@Shinori
@SpankGangsta
@Vi-astra (via)
@wolfy

SUBS (5)
@Conqueror
@Prophylaxis
@SullyMcGully
@SilverKeith
@Empoof

Edited by Iris

USEFUL SITE/SOFTWARE INFORMATION
The forum software recently updated (and it's pretty mediocre, so PLEASE READ these tips that will definitely help out)

- SAVE YOUR POSTS WHILE TYPING THEM. When typing into the reply box, the software often says something like "saved most recent draft" while typing. However, myself and a few others have had occasions where we accidentally returned to the previous page while typing or going to another one while finding a post, and having a post we spent a good amount of time working on completely be lost when returning to the thread. So I strongly recommend occasionally ctrl + c'ing your posts while working on them in case they accidentally get lost. Alternatively copy and paste posts into a word editor (always back up your posts, the site is unreliable).

- Using the return key will double space your lines; use return + shift to single space paragraphs.

Makaze's ISO Script <-- This is an ISO script Makaze made for those who are interested. The site does not have a built in ISO script. Another way is going to a user's profile and searching through their latest posts, but Makaze's script is a clean and elegant solution (you will need to download Tampermonkey on Chrome or Greasemonkey on Firefox to use). Contact the hosts for help installing.

- Vote Counts will also be done by Makaze's Votal script which hopefully won't break and I'll have to revert to manual vote counts.

- Spoiler/collapse tags are as follows: 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Here's an example of what they look like when used:

Reveal hidden contents

BBM can't read.

Edited by Iris

PHASE LINKS:

• Day 1 Start
  • Day 1 End (Subs: Vi-astra -> LaserGuy, wolfy -> Red Ryu, Jinrou -> Ryanyb, SpankGangsta -> Fable, Ryker -> weinerboy; Animal Midwife, Red Fish Rolecop, lynched!)
  • Night 1 End (Fable, Blue Fish Vanilla Townie and moonbird, Blue Fish Vanilla Townie killed!)
  • Day 2 End (Subs: Refa -> Snike; Red Ryu, Blue Fish Vanilla Townie lynched!)
  • Night 2 End (Alpha Male, Blue Fish Night Vigilante, Naana, Blue Fish Vanilla Townie and SB., Blue Fish Vanilla Townie killed!)
  • Day 3 End (Magnificence Incarnate, Red Fish 2-Shot Roleblocker lynched!)
  • Night 3 End (Subs: Elemina -> Secondhand Revenant, Ryanyb -> Killthestory; Ichigo, Blue Fish, Mason, LaserGuy, Blue Fish, Tracker, and Omega., Blue Fish, Firefighter killed!)
  • Day 3 End (Subs: Secondhand Revenant -> Duk3star; Shattiel, Blue Fish Vanilla Townie lynched!)

ALIVE PLAYERS (12)
@Donald Trump (Gorf)
@Duk3star (formerly @Secondhand Revenant (formerly @Elemina))
@dyachei
@EvanManManMan
@JohnCarter
@Killthestory (formerly @Ryanyb (formerly @Jinrou))
@manti (Mantichora)
@Mello
@Orihime (Chelsea/MariaR)
@Shinori
@Snike (formerly @Refa)
@weinerboy (formerly @Ryker)

DEAD PLAYERS (12)
@Animal Midwife, Red Fish Rolecop lynched, Day 1!
@Fable (formerly @SpankGangsta), Blue Fish Vanilla Townie killed, Night 1!
@moonbird (Moon), Blue Fish, Vanilla Townie, Killed, N1!
@Red Ryu (formerly @wolfy), Blue Fish, Vanilla Townie, lynched D2!
@Alpha Male (LordQuas), Blue Fish, Night Vigilante, Killed N2!
@NaanaBlue Fish, Vanilla Townie, Killed, N2!
@SB.Blue Fish, Vanilla Townie, Killed, N2!
@Magnificence Incarnate (Marth), Red Fish 2-shot Roleblocker lynched, Day 3!
@Ichigo (Dunnstral), Blue Fish, Mason, Killed, N3!
@LaserGuy (formerly @Vi-astra)Blue Fish, Tracker, Killed, N3!
@Omega. (YOLOSWAG), Blue Fish, Firefighter, Killed, N3!
@ShattielBlue Fish, Vanilla Townie, lynched D4!

Edited by Iris

Thread is open for business!

Current estimation is that Role PMs will not be sent out until 24 hours before game start. We'll have everything set up then.

Game is expected to start at 6 PM EDT on 6/17. That being said, please confirm that you are able to play in the game. For those without avatars, please add an avatar and customize your account appearance! Confirm in thread and while doing so feel free to introduce yourself with preferred nickname/pronouns/home site (this is cool to know as everyone is from everywhere!)/anything you'd like to tell the other players.

Also give a big thanks to YOLOSWAG for getting the player list together and helping out immensely with the rule set to make it fun for all of you.

Edited by Iris

58 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

I was told this was starting on the 15th

What is this bs

Want an active D1?

Want the maximum amount of chaos that this playerlist begs for?

Start on a Sunday. The last few games I played here that had lit AF D1s started on Sunday. If we did Friday the 15th, it'd probably be less active due to IRL stuff. I've found games are slower and pick up around Sunday nights going into Monday. It'll be fine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm boutta rally the troops.

My username is Refa, but most people call me Scholteheim Reinbach III.  I don't mind if I'm called his/her as long as it's appended by excellency.  My homesite is this site, for better or for worse.  I like mafia less the more I play of it, so at times I may lurk until I can post something meaningful or I'm motivated enough to post (or, you know, I'm scum).

I rolled town this game though, so feel free to sheep me.

Edited by Refa
Edited home site in

ATTN EVERYONE. PLEASE

- READ THE OP. ACTUALLY READ IT. SOME THINGS ARE DIFFERENT AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON BOARD

- GET AN AVATAR

- PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU'RE STILL IN, ALONG WITH YOUR HOMESITE

- IF SOME IRL STUFF OR OTHERWISE PREVENTS OR FRUSTRATES YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY, NOW IS THE TIME TO OUT, NOT THE 17TH

- CHECK SITE REGULARLY OR DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO REMEMBER IT STARTS ON THE 17TH

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Edited by Omega.

42 minutes ago, Refa said:

I like mafia less the more I play of it

I feel that. I basically quit for two years. Now I play a game a year or so and I'm back to having fun.

Anyway, I'm Ryker. I'm from SWF originally. I've made the rounds on the Internet. I played one game here awhile back and my most recent games have all been on Mafiascum.

I know Elemina, Omega, Spank, and while I've played with a couple names on this list before, I didn't do so recently/enough to remember them well.

13 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Shooting Omega night 1 will just be great this game.

Haha. I used to talk about how he was the world's best night one vig target.

It has been asked to clarify a couple things

Simple Closed: Closed simply means you guys will not know the exact setup. When we said Simple, it means that none of the roles in this game are tricked out. All the roles in the game will work exactly how they are commonly used.

Bastard: Not including any bastard roles mean that Iris and I will never lie as mods for this game for ANYTHING. So all flips will be 100% accurate. There will be no redacted parts to any role, meaning what you see is what you get. Also no Bastard also includes any information you would get back from info roles. So there will be no Godfathers, no Millers, and No Ninjas in this game. Straight up, whatever the mod tells you will be 100% the truth.

The Rules will be updated to include this information.

Sidenote: I've heard this playerlist is the shit. I GREATLY prefer playing in a group of solid players, so I'm really hoping this game lives up to expectations. I've been looking forward to it since I heard about it.

(Also, ily Spank)