Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

4 minutes ago, SB. said:

I have other stuff to respond to but I’m on phone rn. @Omega. Do you think that Gorf is scum just for ‘misreading’ Elemina when they should know better or is there more to it than that?

Give me a second. Just lost a post but give me a bit, 3 minutes.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SB. said:

I have other stuff to respond to but I’m on phone rn. @Omega. Do you think that Gorf is scum just for ‘misreading’ Elemina when they should know better or is there more to it than that?

All Gorf has done is shamelessly push consensus wagons. His Elemina case was unbelievably bad. Me and Gorf have been playing with Ran for years. Ran/Elemina is a frozen AF wolf. Like he pretty much always comes into the thread D1 and is like, "Hey everyone, I'm a wolf" and outs himself. His pushes/cases have no energy to them as wolf. He's probably a villager here and one of the last people who should ever be lynched. The difference between his wolfgame and what he does as a villager is night and day and I couldn't believe Gorf could be so bad that he's actually spending so much time shitting on him.

That said I can see a world where he legitimately suspects Animal Midwife and is telling the truth about Elemina being a jumping off point to better reads. If that's the case, he needs to drop the Elemina case and stop just pushing consensus wagons while giving zero fucks about the tells that are being generated between them.

Can someone quote the moon case for me?  I've been reading the thread for the last hour and a half and its too hard to find these things.

Dyachei pushing naana/midwife without much take in the rest of the players is sus but I wouldn't push before either flip because the other two are a lot more scummy and apparently d1 isn't Dyachei's strong suit so I'm willing to see what they come up with as the game progresses. 

I'm not scum reading omega but I agree that his play is different from his style on sf,  I'd expect the change with the higher percentage of off site players.  Gorf vote is spot on imo,  I'm fine with the reads on dyachei and elemina.  Why do you think that midwife and naana are town?  I haven't seen anything in their play to suggest otherwise. Leaning town here. 

I didn't have a read on naana ed1 but I'd vote him now on principle for the dyachei vote + persuading dya to vote midwife over him since midwife had lackluster content,  which screams of self Pres. This is a lot worse than midwife almost no reads. I think the fight with dya earlier in the thread doesn't read as w/w to me based on tone.

I'm bothered by orihime's stance on midwife in pages 56-57. Comments like "at least if am dies people can't use the excuse of her as a scum read" defeat the purpose of her defense. Feels like scum not wanting to actually commit to a defense which would make sense if midwife is town. I'm unsure if they would be wolf together though, gut says she wouldn't hard defend her buddy at this point in the game. 

Gorf coming back in to vote midwife feels week when he could've pushed harder with his ele case,  really making me more confident in my scum read on him. 

19 minutes ago, Naana said:

it wouldn't have been self pres if the moon wagon took off first. thonk

Her posts are bad, no argument here. If you want to wagon her, I guess I'd be down. I'm not confident she'll flip red (could be out-of-flow villager) but whatever, better than you/me getting wagoned. If you come up with something you feel stronger about, ping me. I'm about to go back to sleep but will be around later. Worst case, I'll be around at EOD and try to swing elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, Naana said:

Halfway down this page is the post I'm referring to.  The page before I think ties into what ichigo was saying.  Read those pages for context wrt Moon. @Shattiel

@Magnificence Incarnate

As for Naana, I'm leaning villager on him. This is mostly due to meta; he tends to move at his own pace in developing reads but I can see where he's coming from with all of them here. His style is pretty unconventional so if you don't know him people tend to think it's wolfy. I wouldn't lynch and have him on my villager list.

Fwiw I'd put shinori and laser guy as lock town.  Shinori because he's not afraid to think of different perspectives and play around with his vote,  he's frozen with his train of thought as mafia.  Laser guy because I've played with via in so many games and I'm sure he's town purely on tone, can't really elaborate on this though. 

17 minutes ago, Omega. said:

All Gorf has done is shamelessly push consensus wagons. His Elemina case was unbelievably bad. Me and Gorf have been playing with Ran for years. Ran/Elemina is a frozen AF wolf. Like he pretty much always comes into the thread D1 and is like, "Hey everyone, I'm a wolf" and outs himself. His pushes/cases have no energy to them as wolf. He's probably a villager here and one of the last people who should ever be lynched. The difference between his wolfgame and what he does as a villager is night and day and I couldn't believe Gorf could be so bad that he's actually spending so much time shitting on him.

That said I can see a world where he legitimately suspects Animal Midwife and is telling the truth about Elemina being a jumping off point to better reads. If that's the case, he needs to drop the Elemina case and stop just pushing consensus wagons while giving zero fucks about the tells that are being generated between them.

Why arent you screaming at everyone to lynch him

43 minutes ago, Naana said:

Halfway down this page is the post I'm referring to.  The page before I think ties into what ichigo was saying.  Read those pages for context wrt Moon. @Shattiel

I've read it but moon is probably just forcing shit out of his mouth since he doesn't want to read

Because I'm sorting a lot of information at once. Shatt, you can take a more chill approach to this game if you want, up to you. The way this game is going to go is there will be a few villagers active start to finish, with others mobilizing down the line. Like a mash.

Out now for a bit for real.

22 hours ago, SB. said:

I had a bad reaction to Omega during the Via/Naana thing. I think it's that I would have expected town!Omega to have a stance on it or egg it on in a way that would help him readwise but instead he kinda awkwardly asks Via for totally irrelevant read when he gets called out? It seems out of place even if you just want to sit bakc and watch fro a bit.

I feel like Naana is less likely to fuck up meta stuff (thinking Shinori is someone else) as scum than town. At the very least they aren't scum with Shinori. I don't explicitly like the rest of what they've posted but I think there'd be more of a signal if they were scum.

I'm going to quote this post even though I'd like to quote your next reads post on page 64 I think?  Phone posting is hard. 

I don't think omega not trying to egg on the fight is indicative of his alignment.  For one the via/naana argument didn't have much to do with reads and more to do with how naana wasn't trying to respond to any questions.  Two omega usually takes a stance in case of players tunneling on each other if you check his meta on the other two games that he has played here.  This wasn't the case between via and naana so I think you're wrong here with the meta read. 

Two,  I know that this is before naana voted dyachei, but what do you think of the vote and the self Pres comments?  You've not really addressed the interactions between naana/dya/midwife which looks sketchy given your omega vote, I feel like you'd push omega harder at this point. Especially since midwife and naana have taken the spotlight for this phase. 

Also too reply to your earlier question about evan/midwife: I didn't pay much attention to his tpp play but I remember him going aggro at via and getting lynched for losing the Tdome with him. Which is kinda different from what he's doing this game but I'm not going by meta wrt my stance on Evan, can't really go off of meta over one game where he got lynched d1. With midwife its more that they haven't followed up on any of their questions,  they seem to be a michelaar type of player. 

11 hours ago, manti said:

@Magnificence Incarnate your post here seems to imply that you believe that naana is village. Do you believe that a wolf needs to have "balls" to call villagers villagers? I'm not completely sure what youre saying here, elaboration would be lovely.

Elemina stated that orihime wouldn't townread midwife and naana as scum when they didn't have any townie content,  to Which I asked this question,  I had no opinion on naana at that point but I was scum reading midwife so I was considering the scenario where scum!orihime sets up a  scum! midwife defence early. Also from my perspective the townread on orihime didn't make sense for those reasons because point of being scum is to BS reads, why does having a nonsensical town read give someone townie points? 

I feel like play here is to lynch orihime /gorf. 

Orihime has a stance on naana/midwife that makes no sense coming from town trying to solve the game. 

Gorf's cases don't feel genuine and the timing of the midwife vote looks really bad especially when he's still pushing elemina.

I'm also fine with naana /midwife dying.

Not sure if I'll be on for deadline, how many hours do we have?  I'll be on for the next few hours though for discussion.

6 hours ago, Naana said:

omgus/meta/she is not pure like Orihime.  She seriously just bailed after making some bland statement about Naana and Midwife that doesn't really mean anything.

difference is she's very transparently not read much of the game, so basically the reasoning comes down to not liking the fact that she slapped a vote next to her not reading much? idk, i just came from a game that i replaced into where i didnt read ANYTHING from the game earlier and played out the last 4 hours a lot like her in this position, where its all based on whats happening now despite not really reading anything previous to the current state of the game.

that being said, it IS worth noting the fact that moon's not doing much outside giving blanket statements, and since your playstyle is clearly HEAVILY leaning on how people vote... i get where youre coming from. but i doubt moon's gonna be the play toDay based on the minimal content. its just a poor D1 lynch imo.

is the incredible stress on voting patterns a "normal" angle for town!naana to approach scumhunting like it seems to be here?

...man i hope this works:

Dawg I said I was gonna be at martial arts god damn it's like in these games I tell people I'm gonna be out and then I get a 'Ran didn't even post this morning' and that shit annoys me.

this was less about berating you for not being here, but rather that your lack of presence caused me to not be able to reassess my read on you. i feel you on the being annoying that some semblance of ignoring the thread is considered A LOT of inactivity... but thats the meta i guess lol

4 hours ago, SB. said:

His entrance didn't feel confident to me but not in a scummy way. More of a struggling to sort everything at once bc this game is a lot faster paced than SF's regular, but I'd need more from him to solidify the read.

Kinda conflicted on dya. I don't like how they interacted with Naana but their reaction to Omega scumreading them reads real. I'm wary I guess but I don't think I'd lynch it right now.

@Omega. why is Gorf scum? I'm not huge on how you approach the dya suspicion because "dya can die" seems inconsistent with how you address them later. Maybe you have a history that makes you unwilling to D1 them but in general promised reads seem kinda shallow.

@Donald Trump How confident are you in your Elemina read? I'm kinda lost there bc I kind of autoread them as town for being one of the only early posters I could actually follow but their comeback reads are so jarringly different to mine and yet the townread me so I'm kind of ??? there.

Orihime's stance on AM bugs me ("we'll see who's right when they die") and their votecount stuff feels very safe? Like they're trying to avoid making noise and I think "I'm not going to argue for pages and pages about my TR" is an exaggeration when they hadn't really done anything to derail the lynch. 

I'm 100% sure Via's subout was not tactical and I think they were town (and LaserGuy has been fine so this checks out). I don't agree on the Gorf wagon at all rn.

so this being after elemina's stunning revelation of the 4 man scum team (which implies 20 townies... lol) 1 Day into the game, i gotta say less so, but i was fairly confident before.

so just as a reaction post to elemina's stunning revelation: it's no secret that he's probably very wrong on some of it, if not a fair amount of it.

-my dude laserguy is p locktown ever since via's early game, the string of posts on him WREAK of confirmation bias and my man actually read the subbing out as a tactical move... lol.
-alpha male not trying to find scum is kinda lol fmpov and the cfd thing on him as a reaction is DEFINITELY a misinterpretation of actions (especially after he said most of his voting is for science in the same page)
-his strongest read is strict meta. and that is the connecting thread to the entire thing. not to say its an inherently WRONG read, i can def see scum!naana, but to me when your whole case is founded on that and you connect these threads based on that the thing holding it all together doesnt really hold well
-orihime kinda feels shoehorned in but its far from as egregious as his alpha and laserguy reads
-my dude didnt even mention animal wildlife

but still, it's like one of those things where it's so outlandish that it's hard for me to see the scum motivation in the SHORT term. like, he sees there's a pressure cooker on his slot with at least three people (myself, j, and alpha) voicing concern over him. and he comes in with THAT angle? its like a 2dum4scum scenario, makes me less confident on a red flip at least for toDay

so idrk. i wouldnt be staunchly opposed to lynching him toDay, but i feel less confident about it. like idk... maybe its a wifom sandwich but does a scum!elemina really come into the thread with an entire scumteam lined up? im more interested in seeing how he continues playing, and when he winds up being wrong about some of his townreads/some of his scumreads

totally dont see myself voting dya toDay. i feel like his reactions to people shitting on him is crisp town reactions

i think the influx of votes on omega within, like, 5 posts was hilarious but he aint a play toDay. i dont see the scum motivation behind being lowkey, honestly for me hes more lowkey in this game than "on average" from what ive seen of him in my past meta with em (as scum and town (sidenote: i probably havent played in like two years or so)) but that tells me hes more interested in watching than driving, which is a better sign for me

quas is my dawg and i really dont wanna lynch him and i really dont see how he looks like he has an agenda. someones gonna need to spoonfeed that to me if they wanna convince me

i can see myself voting moon but thats a LAAAAAAME lynch toDay

and that concludes this segment of quickfire reads with Donald J Trump

3 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I didn't have a read on naana ed1 but I'd vote him now on principle for the dyachei vote + persuading dya to vote midwife over him since midwife had lackluster content,  which screams of self Pres. This is a lot worse than midwife almost no reads. I think the fight with dya earlier in the thread doesn't read as w/w to me based on tone.

What's wrong with town self preserving?  Especially pressing on to a slot who's content has dried up over the second half of the day.  This is backwards.

Votals
(1) Red Ryu: Mello
(3) Donald Trump: Magnificence Incarnate, LaserGuy, Omega.
(1) Shinori: EvanManManMan
(1) JohnCarter: Animal Midwife
(4) Naana: moonbird, manti, Elemina, Shinori
(4) Animal Midwife: Refa, dyachei, JohnCarter, Donald Trump
(1) Magnificence Incarnate: Red Ryu
(4) Omega.: SB., Shattiel, Ichigo, Naana
(1) dyachei: Orihime
(1) Elemina: Alpha Male

(3) Not Voting: Jinrou, Ryker, SpankGangsta
With 24 alive, it takes 16 to hammer.

You have ~10 hours until deadline at 6/19, 10 pm EDT

On 6/17/2018 at 10:31 PM, Elemina said:

Wolfy has been giving EZ town reads, and been actively lurking but not doing anything to progress the game. Then he tries to push Refa with a weak ass push and then moves to Yolo when Refa shows up. That was not RVS, he was saying Refa was prob wolf. Why push Yolo AFTER refa comes through? It seems half hearted. (Otherwise he'd push Yolo before Refa)

I've been giving out really weak town reads too. Am I mafia for that?

Sorry for disappearing btw. I got busy irl and forgot about this game. Is there anything in specific that people want me to comment on?

Also, I saw a few ~*rule violations*~ several pages back so please keep this rule in mind.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:42 PM, Iris said:

9. Do not discuss substitutions, including why/why not someone subbed and what that may or may not mean for their alignment.