Fallout shelter tips?

DisobeyedCargo

I know I must sound like an idiot for asking for tips for a game like this, but RTS building is one of my weakest gaming areas and there's a lot of stuff to do in this game.

whats the best layout for a vault, should I focus on upgrading rooms or "repopulating", and good ways to sort vault dwellers into rooms, etc etc...?

I didn't play the game long, but I remember the XCOM thing where if you build a room next to the same type of room then they'll morph together into a larger room with the same function but more output. That helps you squeeze the most out of your space. Definitely plan ahead on things you want to build and when you want to get a new elevator level in your vault.  Also, when you send people out of the vault they'll come back with all kinds of weapons. Try to equip everybody in your vault with a weapon, even if it's a crappy one. When you get invaded, the invaders will move room to room and having everybody equipped will help you deal with the situation faster since everybody will meaningfully contribute. You also want to station some dudes at the vault's entrance with the best weapon you've got. 

@DisobeyedCargo I play it on my android tablet. Pretty fun especially around holiday times because there is always free quests/gear/items specific to a holiday you can get. 

It might be easier to play with the mouse on PC since it's easier to pick up your vault dwellers that way.  Keep 2-3 vault dwellers with the best armour/decent weapons as sentries for the vault door. Give everyone weapons soon as you can for the random encounters you'll get. Do have 1-2 roaming the wasteland for goods and quests. 

It is also a good idea to make it so raiders work to get into the vital areas by building them far away from the entrance as possible.  have fun and experiment!

7 minutes ago, Zera said:

I wouldn't play Fallout Shelter if I were you. Mostly because it probably won't run on my phone. But also because it is just a Skinner Box. Not much game in there.
http://keithburgun.net/psychological-exploitation-in-games/

Oo..Kay? Why do I care about this?

i still find the game enjoyable, so I'm still gonna play it 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

23 minutes ago, Zera said:

Replace "game" with "heroin" and "play" with "use".
Even for F2P, you've set your standards pretty low. You should cut straight to the hard stuff.
Or play Hat Wizard 2.

Dude chill it's a video game, call it a time sink, call it virtual heroin, I don't care.