Is Rebecca "good" experiment (More like an LP xd)

Hanes

Rebecca is a very controversial unit, some people praise her and others despise her, I decided I wanted to experiment and start a new playthrough and report the events of every chapter alongside her level ups in screenshot manner. Let's start with her statistics which are the following:

Base Stats

Growth Rates

Promotion Gains

Level: 1

HP: 17

HP: 60%

HP: +4

Strength: 4

Strength: 40%

Strength: +3

Skill: 5

Skill: 50%

Skill: +1

Speed: 6

Speed: 60%

Speed: +1

Luck: 4

Luck: 50%

Defense: 3

Defense: 15%

Defense: +2

Resistance: 1

Resistance: 30%

Resistance: +2

Constitution: 5

Constitution: +1

Movement: 5

Movement: +1

Promotion Averages

10/1

15/1

20/1

HP

Strength

Skill

Speed

Luck

Defense

Resistance

Alright, down below will be the progression of every chapter.

Edited by This boi uses Nino
Better Graphs

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 11: Taking leave. Obviosuly this wasn't hard but I did have to modify my usual approach to give Rebecca some kills.

Chapter 11 - 1.png  Well, there's no denying that at first you will have to baby her.

Chapter 11 - 2.png  First level up, at least I got strength.

Chapter 11 - 3.png  Oh come on, don't do this to me!

Chapter 11 - 4.png  Guess Lowen doesn't want to share the EXP with Rebecca, you capitalist pig!

5b243d88d94e9_Chapter11-5.png.caae7dc1f2981f0e3379b35be1aac1ff.png  To die by Rebecca...lol n00b.

Chapter 11 - 6.png  The flashy colors give me dopamine, however, those stats should have been her level 1 stats.

Chapter 11 - 7.png  This screenshot because if i don't put it people will beg for it.

Rebecca's performance: 1.5/10

Literally anyone's viable in FE7. It's just with characters like Isadora, Rebecca, Erk and Wallace better options stare you in the face and ask "why didn't you use me instead?". If I could get away with using Dorcas, Wil and Erk to endgame in my first run through the game (my first attempt at the series at that) I'm sure it speaks about viability when none of them are considered great (Erk more due to Pent being immune to RNG screwing)

To say Rebecca's good is another story. This is a game where archers are at their worst, having been downgraded from triple damage to flying units to a mere double. I have little doubt you could achieve it. Especially if you make use of her supports.

Actually I used Rebecca all the time when I played the game, though always in normal mode. As archers are probably my favourite unit type in the games, I always use at least one archer the whole game, and in 7 it is Rebecca. She is definitely viable, and I found her good enough to be able to tackle every challenge I gave her, but I think it depends on the player's playstyle. I like to play slowly, thinking turns in advance, so it's easy for me to use her, but it might be hard if you want to finish the chapters as fast as possible.

As someone who argued against the worthiness of Rebecca in the other thread...

Of course she's viable. In fact, one of my fond memories of FE7 is building a Rebecca who had >50 avoid against the Dragon; for a good while my suspend state on my GBA cart was of the dragon attacking her, her dodging, and countering for the kill. She just goes through an extended period where it takes more work to get her exp than it does for other options, and the payoff is hardly peerless (for instance, super dodge tank Rebecca can be mimicked by super dodge tanks who actually can counter at melee and/or fly, etc.).

8 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Check your image URLs, it's not working. Also is this normal or hard mode?

Strange, I can see the images, i erased the URLS cause they clogged up space, but since i can see them i would have guessed anyone could

it's not that she's unusable, but rather that she takes a crapton of resources, time, and doesn't have as good of a payoff in comparison to any other bow user.

3 hours ago, Rose482 said:

I always use Rebecca #NoRegrets 

Can you see the images of the chapter 11 post i did here?

I also don't seem to be able to see the images. There's a mssage error from Gmail. soemthing about mail attachment...

The question is actually more : are Archers viable in this game . Rebecca is probably the best archer/Bow user in the game. Especially if you don't use Lyn's mode. She have excellent availabilty (Only beaten by WIll if you use Lyn's Mode). Though, she doesn't really have any strong opposition. Lyn Mode! Will is debatable (he have Str but less speed, and higher HP and Dfence (not an issue outside of Ballistas). Rath is great, but he reappears a little too late.
All of them will requires some "babying" obviously, and will requires to adapt your play for them; but that's the case for most of the cast honnestly.. Someone who uses Nino should understand this very well. (I used Nino in all my FE7 Playthrough, and she was awesome. But it's absolutely non-efficient.).

She's here from the start, and her stats are the right one for FE7 : good speed; and luck, giving her a nice Avo (and in the GBA games Avo is incredibly broken.), and her res is good enough to allow her to avoid status staves.
She doesn't really care about lacking defence or even HP, since it should never really be an issue for her. And she may also lack strength, but that's a common problem for most archers, and she gets a decent +3 Attack boost by promoting.
She's probably not top tier by any means, but she's perfectly fine.

• Hanes changed the title to "Is Rebecca good?" Experiment
16 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Check your image URLs, it's not working. Also is this normal or hard mode?

3 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

I also don't seem to be able to see the images. There's a mssage error from Gmail. soemthing about mail attachment...

The question is actually more : are Archers viable in this game . Rebecca is probably the best archer/Bow user in the game. Especially if you don't use Lyn's mode. She have excellent availabilty (Only beaten by WIll if you use Lyn's Mode). Though, she doesn't really have any strong opposition. Lyn Mode! Will is debatable (he have Str but less speed, and higher HP and Dfence (not an issue outside of Ballistas). Rath is great, but he reappears a little too late.
All of them will requires some "babying" obviously, and will requires to adapt your play for them; but that's the case for most of the cast honnestly.. Someone who uses Nino should understand this very well. (I used Nino in all my FE7 Playthrough, and she was awesome. But it's absolutely non-efficient.).

She's here from the start, and her stats are the right one for FE7 : good speed; and luck, giving her a nice Avo (and in the GBA games Avo is incredibly broken.), and her res is good enough to allow her to avoid status staves.
She doesn't really care about lacking defence or even HP, since it should never really be an issue for her. And she may also lack strength, but that's a common problem for most archers, and she gets a decent +3 Attack boost by promoting.
She's probably not top tier by any means, but she's perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, Rose482 said:

I also can't see the images V_V

Alright i fixed it, thank you for helping!

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

Wow....Rebecca getting two strength in a row.....who is that and what did she do to the Rebecca we all know and love ? 

You'll see her getting more in the next comment

Chapter 12: Birds of a Feather. The only real challenge in this level is the boss and making sure you set up the boss kill correctly for Rebecca.

5b244c15bf2a6_Chapter12-1.png.f058d60a6ad7563d93544df04a878ec3.png  i really want to know who made this name.

5b244c56ba478_Chapter12-2.png.06800f59477755352154012c125b6fce.png  I changed the anmations to 1 so you guys can see where I am in the map.

5b244c5a2ffe2_Chapter12-3.png.639277e5ffd8f6c921eb8a54ef91bc8c.png  Typical 1st turn, only this time Rebecca isn't at the back

5b244c5e13970_Chapter12-4.png.12b86eae8a59ab23b174194b6ecb7c0c.png  I learned my lesson Fort, 4% hit is worth less than 4000 gold

5b244dcd47cd9_Chapter12-5.png.91c02230e5e7274c5840afcf1527d7d2.png  Lowen, what's up with you? You're very crit heavy so far.

5b244dd0f2d68_Chapter12-6.png.deb067adbe7057ebc472bea672ec8831.png  Introducing: Hector Comethand!

5b244dd3022b2_Chapter12-7.png.f41087d4362b73c0dd31701cff47702b.png  Doubling in Eliwood Hard at base, he is Hector Comethand for a reason!

5b244dd5aecfe_Chapter12-8.png.cd162c266e6731869a57385dcaa280f1.png  Rebecca: I... can't believe this... but...I'll do my best!

5b244dd964624_Chapter12-9.png.5b472ea29c26ea6682e39dc984ccb28b.png  One Iron Bow good sir.

5b244ddd3ebaf_Chapter12-10.png.8aa6787273a987967b6b91f30f46e3b7.png  I, Rebecca, tire of these childish games, today you meet my fury, oh godess naga give me strength to teach this fool a lesson...Comet!

5b244de47156a_Chapter12-11.png.0d5675d1d2f9e0402035d0fb176651e6.png  Rebecca: Hehe, is this good for you sir? Me: How... how is this possible?

5b244de79c3b5_Chapter12-12.png.3283f602abb343e16abb3897773615b1.png  *Ahem* This chapter was cleared in 8 turns. The enemy alive is there so I can screenshot before finishing the Rout chapter.

Rebecca's performance: 3/10 

59 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Now watch Rebecca get strength blessed but speed screwed : P I once got a Lyn like that and it was the most funny thing.

She can't be considered speed screwed yet she at least got some but lets just pray that she just turns out super good for my sanity.

This is the problem with doing these sorts of things as an experiment; if the character gets wildly different from average stats you don't actually learn anything about her performance. It's even more swingy with speed, for instance: a Bartre who is +2 or -2 speed from average by Level 10 will have crazy different performance.

I really wish all FEs had a fixed mode option for science, even though I enjoy RNG growths most of the time.

This will be interesting to stay up to date on. You sir, are doing something I probably would never do as I would not have the patience to divert my focus from the cavs, fighters and mercs in this game onto an archer. 

5 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

This will be interesting to stay up to date on. You sir, are doing something I probably would never do as I would not have the patience to divert my focus from the cavs, fighters and mercs in this game onto an archer. 

Thank you, for the support. gained +2 Motivation and +3 Responsibility.

14 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

are you doing Gaidens?

Yes, if I can I will have to stop focusing mainly on her since that is what I'm doing, nonetheless, it's so she doesn''t become a nuisance later on, as for Chapter 23x, I believe I will have to arena abuse Florina (Not Rebecca, I'm trying to show her performance during the game with stat boosters thrown in whenever a stat deviates too much from the expected like what is happening with speed right now *sigh*) So I can rescue Pent and not kill myself and Chapter 24 will also require me to arena abuse Eliwood and, very carefully, some for Lyn; Hector will level up normally since he is useful, I know I said in another post that i prefer the Lloyd version but to be honest I've never played it so ***Exposed*** and I also think Linus' version of Chapter 24 is more "Friendly" to Rebecca who is supposed to be "The star of the team" or at least be useful with the criteria afore mentioned.