What Nintendo systems do you still own?

smgrinus

The Nintendo systems you still own  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Gameboy Advance (micro, SP, etc)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Super Nintendo system (built-in classic edition or otherwise)

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Nintendo 64 system

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Nintendo DS (lite, original, DSi, etc)

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Nintendo (Game Cube, Wii, Wii-U)

• Yes
    • No

Which ones spark your fondest memories?

For me, The first time I played Chrono Trigger on Super Nintendo. It was truly a magical role-playing experience.

Edited by grinus

There are several, and most  all of these are with the SNES.

1. Falling off my chair in laughter when I read about the levels on Earthworm Jim
  2. Scoring my first Ultra Combo in Killer Instinct.
  3. Nearly throwing my controller in disgust, trying to input the D-pad motions in Yu Yu Hakusho Final.
Edited by Karimlan

@SoulWeaver I couldn't fit all of them to the poll due to restraints on how many you can add. Cool that you still have yours! Mine broke a long time ago. I really did love my cat Dmitrius but he was a bastard. I still own a Game Boy SP Micro though. 

<--- *victim of GameStop

I have my N64, GameCube, Wii and so forth after that Wii gen, but older ones I sold for money to get the next game. The regret to this day. Tis a fearsome thing to behold

Edited by Tediz64

I never sell any of my games or consoles.  You don't get hardly anything for trade in anyway.

I have the original NES, SNES, Gray Brick GameBoy, N64, GameBoy Color, GameCube, GameBoy Advance, DS, Wii, and 3DS for Nintendo consoles and handhelds.

I remember when GameStop was called Babbages.

11 hours ago, Oz â™  said:

How do people lose these? Do they just get bored of them and sell them, or something?

It's called "people moving on", or "games evolving over time". I sold most of my games once I'm done with it as I've already experienced the game and there's no point in playing them again. Unless if they have NG+, or a story from a differerent viewpoint (like Persona Q). I only have a Wii as I didn't play one before.

Edited by henrymidfields

I have the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, DS Lite, and 3DS. I used to own a GBA, but since the original DS had backwards compatibility I think I got rid of it. I never owned a Game Boy. // I tend to be a collector and never get rid of the games I had. The only time I got rid of stuff was some GBA games (which I wish I didn't) and a hand-me-down Xbox 360 (since I did not use it much).

If I were to start listing memories, they'll be too many to list here. Most of them come from the N64 games, whether it be back when it actually released or going back and playing N64 games. I remember my first Gamecube game being Mario Kart Double Dash and my time playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles for the 3DS. There is also the gaming marathon I did with Xenoblade Chronicles X where I put in like 200 hours in about two weeks.

On 6/16/2018 at 12:56 AM, henrymidfields said:

It's called "people moving on"

How dare you, sir. One does not simply 'move on' from games. I'll also refer you to No Game No Life book 5 to address your statement that once you've already played the game there's no point in playing it again.
Also I have no idea who those people on your question thing are, but one of them is named Rise so go with them because the ship is called YuRise, which is amazing.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, grinus said:

@SoulWeaver I couldn't fit all of them to the poll due to restraints on how many you can add. Cool that you still have yours! Mine broke a long time ago. I really did love my cat Dmitrius but he was a bastard. I still own a Game Boy SP Micro though. 

Frick, you've got a Micro? They're frickin' expensive now. I used to have an Advance SP, but I gave it to a friend 'cuz she wanted to try some games out, and she moved so asking for it back would be awkward, not to mention I still have my DS so it's not like I can't play GBA games any more. I used to have access to my grandma's original Nintendo(miss me with that Classic Edition Remake crap), but one of my cousins somehow lost both it and his old N64, so RIP those.

Edited by SoulWeaver

I own all of the gameboy consoles, the DS/3DS, Wii, Switch, NES and SNES.

My fondest Nintendo console memory has to be playing Super Mario World on the SNES. I used to play that game sooooooo much back when I was young. Pokemon Gold also counts. I remember finding Red years later and just losing my shit when I realized I was fighting the previous protagonist.

I actually own every Nintendo console and handeld except the NES/Famicom which wasn't on the poll.

Most of my fondest memories was playing Pokémon Red and Gold on the N64 through Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 by using the transfer pack. I was basically emulating the Switch by being able to play Pokémon on television (N64) or handheld (Gameboy) back then. Although now these days I would say most of my favorite games are just about every SNES game since I didn't get a SNES until several years later since I started with N64 first.

2 hours ago, grinus said:

@SoulWeaver Yep, me and my better half have a matching set. I think the younger folks are all in on the digital. I still relish physical media/devices. 

Eh, I'm only 21, I'd like to think I still count as a 'younger folk' for at least 4 more years. I've always wanted a Micro, I'll have to try to find one so I can play Megaman Zero again on that beautiful little screen.

18 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

How dare you, sir. One does not simply 'move on' from games. I'll also refer you to No Game No Life book 5 to address your statement that once you've already played the game there's no point in playing it again.

*shrugs* Real life and her commitments would like to disagree with you - she sure is a harsher mistress than gravity will ever be.

26 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

*shrugs* Real life and her commitments would like to disagree with you - she sure is a harsher mistress than gravity will ever be.

Who's that? Never heard of her.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:51 AM, henrymidfields said:

Still hasn't stopped me.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:52 PM, eclipse said:

Still hasn't stopped me.

That's because you're Eclipse - your own title says you Moderate the ENTIRE GLOBE for crying out loud, something as pathetic as real life getting in your way is a laughable concept.

On 6/22/2018 at 2:32 PM, grinus said:

You have your youth for a good two decades. Enjoy them, good sir. :-) 

That's the plan, thanks for the well-wishing! May however many days remain in your life also be worth enjoying.

• 1 month later...

Literally, not counting multiple variations of the same system (like the Gameboy Advance SP as opposed to the regular GBA), I own any Nintendo system that isn't the Virtual Boy, Or a Game & Watch (I settled for having those by the gallery collections, the Game & Watch of course not the Virtual Boy as Nintendo pretends the thing doesn't exist)