Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, and Edelgard - predictions/expectations/wishes discussion

Thane

15 hours ago, Laptopispy said:

Here's the picture again, to everyone wondering. Definitely looks like a ponytail or something similar.

51.png

Wait...wasn't there a scene in the trailer that shows Dimitri's back while he's attacking a soldier and he clearly doesn't have a ponytail??

On 6/16/2018 at 1:37 PM, zuibangde said:

Wait...wasn't there a scene in the trailer that shows Dimitri's back while he's attacking a soldier and he clearly doesn't have a ponytail??

Spoiler

Yeah, he don't have a ponytail (Sadly).

Edited by Azz

Edelgard - I feel like her role in the story is going to be somewhat like Azura's with a bit more hands-on approach to resolving conflicts. Axes aren't exactly the most graceful weapons, so I feel like she'll be more closer to Lyn or even Hector personality-wise.

Dimitri - Looks like a bit of a snob to me. Most likely going to take things more seriously than others.

Claude - My favourite so far. He seems a rather laid back and fun guy.

Byleth - I still hope he isn't an avatar. The problem I have with most avatar characters is that they have a personality and backstory that distinctly isn't "me" but the game sure likes to act like that it is Really, most of the time the character isn't even anything I'd create as an oc. Regardless, FE has this weird problem where it feels that it's necessary for every other character to suck up to them because they seem to be afraid that someone might get upset if another character would call their precious little avatar a meanie. Even if some character doesn't like the avatar, they either change their mind or are portrayed as a bad guy. That kind of behaviour has the exact opposite effect for me. Now, the same problem does apply to most main lords but I feel like the it isn't quite as bad for them as it's for avatars.

tl;dr If Byleth is indeed the avatar, I'm not going to like him.

15 hours ago, Laptopispy said:

Here's the picture again, to everyone wondering. Definitely looks like a ponytail or something similar.

51.png

Looks like that's just his shoulder to me.

21 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I think its a bit early to state Byleth being a silent Avatar protagonist yet from one video where it was voiced over especially when they'll get added to Heroes.

Maybe not silent but mostly silent because he said nothing but Edelgard spoke a lot yet he is the main character? And in town she talks but he just gets a prompt that the player picks. 

they really need to stop with avatars...

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

Maybe not silent but mostly silent because he said nothing but Edelgard spoke a lot yet he is the main character? And in town she talks but he just gets a prompt that the player picks. 

Well tbf Corrin never talk that much in MyCastle or Robin in the Barracks it was mostly characters talking to them they do talk/have dialogue mostly through Supports and Story I'm expecting Byleth to be similar in this regard.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

20 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Wait, he does? I can't see it.

Based off of looks, I think we have a typical Id, Ego, Superego trio with our three lords. Dimitri feels like the typical Superego, very logical and focused on rules. In D&D terms, he'd probably be either Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral. I see him as the planner of the trio; focused on making sure everything is right before beginning a plan.

Oddly enough, I think that Edelgard is more of the Id, focused on instinct and emotion. She feels like the moral compass of the trio based on what she said in the trailer, and relies on her gut feelings. Very compassionate and kind, but her emotions may overwhelm her at times. Definitely Neutral Good character.

Claude, to me, is the Ego, a balance of intelligence and emotion. I see him as the Social tank of the group, able to fit into every conversation and charm everyone. Maybe uses a mask of stupidity to hide his cunning. Probably the closest to a true Neutral character, though I do think he'll be the most flirtatious of the bunch.

As for Beyleth, he's quiet and intelligent and very serious. On the inside though, he's prone to inner rants about all the stupidity of both sides during a conflict and the unwitting harem he's building up totally by accident.

Yeah I agree with this. Eldelgard definitely strikes as kind of gal who is not afraid break rules if it means do right thing (Well she's gonna against church so that figures...). Dimitri is by book kind of person. If there will be infighting he will be this game Lorenz. Claude as you said is kind who can read mood and smooth whatever need to be smoothed.

Well there is obviously also Lyn (Eldelgard), Kent (Dimitri) and Sain (Claude) type dynamic, but I find that less likely option.

Byleth is their mentor so he is totally Gonna kick bucket by hand of former student who get seduced by Dark Side.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah I agree with this. Eldelgard definitely strikes as kind of gal who is not afraid break rules if it means do right thing (Well she's gonna against church so that figures...). Dimitri is by book kind of person. If there will be infighting he will be this game Lorenz. Claude as you said is kind who can read mood and smooth whatever need to be smoothed.

Well there is obviously also Lyn (Eldelgard), Kent (Dimitri) and Sain (Claude) type dynamic, but I find that less likely option.

Byleth is their mentor so he is totally Gonna kick bucket by hand of former student who get seduced by Dark Side.

I see the same type of dynamic among those three. I really hope they put a lot of work into getting these characters right, character depth is so important in FE.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:12 AM, Kahvi said:

Byleth - I still hope he isn't an avatar. The problem I have with most avatar characters is that they have a personality and backstory that distinctly isn't "me" but the game sure likes to act like that it is Really, most of the time the character isn't even anything I'd create as an oc. Regardless, FE has this weird problem where it feels that it's necessary for every other character to suck up to them because they seem to be afraid that someone might get upset if another character would call their precious little avatar a meanie. Even if some character doesn't like the avatar, they either change their mind or are portrayed as a bad guy. That kind of behaviour has the exact opposite effect for me. Now, the same problem does apply to most main lords but I feel like the it isn't quite as bad for them as it's for avatars.

tl;dr If Byleth is indeed the avatar, I'm not going to like him.

True I suppose. I personally do want him to be an avatar but not like robin and Corrin. I’m assuming you’re aware of what the summoner from heroes is like? They are entirely self insert and even from our world. Of course IS won’t make byleth be from here, but I’d like him to be like the summoner. Not in your face but still a little important. All I want from him being the avatar is customization and me being a part of things tbh??. But personality wise, I just want it to be easy to self insert.

Edited by Novus

Byleth.

As an avatar i dont really care how they go with it as long as i can name him but if he is a silent avatar then it will be great since the Growlanser Series had Silent Protagonists with lots of choices (Most didnt affect the story but had an effect on relationship values) that shaped your character personality, though in later growlansers choices were personality locked (So if you were rude then the nice guy choices were not available) so maybe that feature wont be here. But i really hope we can be either a nice or an strict teacher.

Edelgard

She seems like the devoted type, where her true devotion lies will probably be part of the story. Reminds me of a Growlanser character named Julia Douglas where she was a Knight who didnt knew to where her devotion was: her liege (The king and Queen) or the people (The kingdom overall). Or your character if you bother to do the events required to get her to join which made her the game most popular character. I can see Edelgard going along those lines given the whole houses and creasts deal.

Dont care for the other 2.