The best unique classes

The best unique classes  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Exactly as the title says (excluding the Black Knight)

• Ike
    • Micaiah
    • Nailah
    • Elincia
    • Mist
    • Naesala
    • Sanaki
    • Tibarn
    • Volke
    • Caineghis
    • Giffca
    • Kurthnaga
    • Lehran

I don't understand the two people that picked Sanaki. Yes, she can be good. But the time, items (let's be real) and effort needed to get her to the point of being op is too much. Especially when you throw Bastian and Micaiah into the mix.

3 hours ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

I don't understand the two people that picked Sanaki. Yes, she can be good. But the time, items (let's be real) and effort needed to get her to the point of being op is too much. Especially when you throw Bastian and Micaiah into the mix.

She's an option.  If you want people's opinions, don't criticize them for having them, especially since you asked for them.

That being said, I'm choosing Micaiah.  It's not that she's stellar.  It's that everyone else is either worse or too late.  Plus staffless healing means that I can train up another staffbot next to her.

Oh, and does Pelleas count?

Edited by eclipse

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

She's an option.  If you want people's opinions, don't criticize them for having them, especially since you asked for them.

That being said, I'm choosing Micaiah.  It's not that she's stellar.  It's that everyone else is either worse or too late.  Plus staffless healing means that I can train up another staffbot next to her.

Oh, and does Pelleas count?

Yeh, she's an option, I just personally disagree. I was trying to start a debate, but evidently I failed. And if Pelleas counts then so does Skrimir, since there are enemy Dark Mages in RD

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

1 hour ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

(Looks at Lehran)

Forgot about him, obviously he joins way too late to compete with anyone though.

EDIT By the time he joins, you don't even need good 1-2 range.

Edited by Refa

Lehran is the only magic user with 40 Speed in RD, the only fast mage there is at all sadly. His SSs in Light and Dark also perfectly displays his role as the masterful highest servant of both Ashera and Yune. My only issue besides him being underwhelming as a boss and not coming with a weapon, is that his class name is inconsistent with the title the story gives him. It is Prime Minister Sephiran in story, yet his class is Chancellor. Yes, the titles are equivalents in different countries in terms of powers and duties, but there shouldn't be a difference here, PM can fit in the class name space.

Of course, this isn't me judging in terms of usefulness, just me liking Sephiran. May FEH not make him like so many recent GHB/TT mages and make him slow, let him be fast!

In terms of usefulness? Ike and the Royals sans Kurthnaga are all very useful. Micaiah has her issues, but always has utility to contribute, Volke is just unfortunately fighting for an endgame slot and contributes nothing outside of it. Sanaki does get a free endgame slot and can Meteor/Blizzard things for a fight, but otherwise in gameplay needs Paragon and significant babying. Mist is staffbot not much better than Rhys, but still better. Elincia is like Sanaki in that she is a lategame investment, but she has some Part 2 uses and is on a much better team for babying, plus staffbotting.

1 minute ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

Yeh, she's an option, I just personally disagree. I was trying to start a debate, but evidently I failed. And if Pelleas counts then so does Skrimir, since there are enemy Dark Mages in RD

Actually, they're Druids- not the same class.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lehran is the only magic user with 40 Speed in RD, the only fast mage there is at all sadly. His SSs in Light and Dark also perfectly displays his role as the masterful highest servant of both Ashera and Yune. My only issue besides him being underwhelming as a boss and not coming with a weapon, is that his class name is inconsistent with the title the story gives him. It is Prime Minister Sephiran in story, yet his class is Chancellor. Yes, the titles are equivalents in different countries in terms of powers and duties, but there shouldn't be a difference here, PM can fit in the class name space.

Of course, this isn't me judging in terms of usefulness, just me liking Sephiran. May FEH not make him like so many recent GHB/TT mages and make him slow, let him be fast!

In terms of usefulness? Ike and the Royals sans Kurthnaga are all very useful. Micaiah has her issues, but always has utility to contribute, Volke is just unfortunately fighting for an endgame slot and contributes nothing outside of it. Sanaki does get a free endgame slot and can Meteor/Blizzard things for a fight, but otherwise in gameplay needs Paragon and significant babying. Mist is staffbot not much better than Rhys, but still better. Elincia is like Sanaki in that she is a lategame investment, but she has some Part 2 uses and is on a much better team for babying, plus staffbotting.

Actually, they're Druids- not the same class.

He gets promoted to an Archsage, which is not unique. And Kurth kinda counts as a royal, but he skims the line the same way Skrimir does. Well, at least until a certain point which I won't say for the auddience who has not finished the game.

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

40 minutes ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

Pelleas is an Archsage that wields dark magic.  The only other user is Lehran.  Plus, he has Miracle, which saved me from my own stupid tactics once.  However. . .

4 hours ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

. . .is not how to start a debate.  You're offering opinions as to why someone else's opinion is bad.  If you really want a debate, bring numbers.

7 hours ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

As one of said people, I'm happy to provide my reasoning. I'm far from an expert on individual stat growths, and I've never cared too much about usability (I make stuff work when I like it), so I was mostly just basing it on which class I found to be the coolest. Empress is capable of using every type of magic other than Dark (which almost nobody uses because lore). With great Magic and Resistance growths (from what I remember), its a pretty powerful offensive mage class, highly suited to mage duels (especially if you're willing to pop a Speedwing and/or Energy Drop to make up for Sanaki's base stats there), and I have a habit of using a lot of mages.

I also highly considered voting for Lehran and Mist. Lehran for obvious reasons of being SS ranked in all of Light, Dark, and Staves, as well as just a pretty awesome guy. Mist might not be an exceptional unit, but I love the idea of a mounted Sword/Staff user. Yes, I know Elincia is an option and is a flying version of that, but I liked Mist more. Its something like, they have similar features, but Elincia seemed more like "Flying Sword user that has staff potential when necessary" whereas Mist is "Staff user that got swords (and personal magic ones at that)". In the end, though, I decided to choose Sanaki above the other top candidates because I enjoyed using her the most out of them. Had it been a "Pick your top 3" or something, I definitely would've added votes for Lehran and Mist.

The Laguz Royals are cool characters, but their classes themselves just didn't stand out enough in my mind to be top candidates. Probably an unfortunate side effect of them being Laguz, and shapeshifter classes like that are interesting but never outstanding in my mind. Ike's Vanguard class is rather boring to me, other than using Aether, but really, I never needed to use it for its healing with my mage surplus army or its damage with Ike's stats. Yeah, it can use Swords and Axes, but that just makes it a renamed GBA Hero, and other than carrying around an axe or two just in case of a real annoying lancer I never felt the urge to use anything other than Ragnell, so it never really caught my eye. Micaiah's Light Priestess class is likewise unnotable: just a slightly fancier Bishop/Saint.

Ok this was really, REALLY hard. My top contendors were Ike (very good stats and a 1-2 range weapon AKA Ragnall) Caineghas (RIDICULOUS bases, high movement and the skills Formshift and Roar) Tibarn (again AWESOME bases, high movement, Canto, Can Fly, skills Formshift and Tear) Kurthnaga (his bases are not the greatest but can become better than you'd think. Movement isn't the best, can fly, and has 1-2 range attack) Naihalah (very good bases even late game there isn't much she can't ORK she has high movement the skills Formshift, Savage and Glare. In the end I went with Caineghas as I really like his high movement and incredible str and def plus I love his skill Roar, but esepcially the high movement. If I were to do a top 5  it would probably be something like this.

1) Tibarn (simply because he has Canto on top of high movement, can fly and high stats.)

2) Caineghas (high move and ridiculous bases)

3) Nailah (high move and very good stats)

4) Ike (standard move, very good stats and a 1-2 range weapon)

5) Kurthnaga (below average move, can fly, and has 1-2 range attack)

Honorable mention goes to Giffca who is about as strong as Caineghas but has a little less attack and is faster than Caineghas, meaning that anything Caineghas can't double Giffca usually does. His issue of an energy bar can be solved by virtue of his laguz gem but if one desired they could just as easily give that to Skrimir or any other non royal laguz. Most are probably going to have Giffca use but I didn't want a consumable item to affect where certain characters were placed.

6 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

As one of said people, I'm happy to provide my reasoning. I'm far from an expert on individual stat growths, and I've never cared too much about usability (I make stuff work when I like it), so I was mostly just basing it on which class I found to be the coolest. Empress is capable of using every type of magic other than Dark (which almost nobody uses because lore). With great Magic and Resistance growths (from what I remember), its a pretty powerful offensive mage class, highly suited to mage duels (especially if you're willing to pop a Speedwing and/or Energy Drop to make up for Sanaki's base stats there), and I have a habit of using a lot of mages.

I also highly considered voting for Lehran and Mist. Lehran for obvious reasons of being SS ranked in all of Light, Dark, and Staves, as well as just a pretty awesome guy. Mist might not be an exceptional unit, but I love the idea of a mounted Sword/Staff user. Yes, I know Elincia is an option and is a flying version of that, but I liked Mist more. Its something like, they have similar features, but Elincia seemed more like "Flying Sword user that has staff potential when necessary" whereas Mist is "Staff user that got swords (and personal magic ones at that)". In the end, though, I decided to choose Sanaki above the other top candidates because I enjoyed using her the most out of them. Had it been a "Pick your top 3" or something, I definitely would've added votes for Lehran and Mist.

The Laguz Royals are cool characters, but their classes themselves just didn't stand out enough in my mind to be top candidates. Probably an unfortunate side effect of them being Laguz, and shapeshifter classes like that are interesting but never outstanding in my mind. Ike's Vanguard class is rather boring to me, other than using Aether, but really, I never needed to use it for its healing with my mage surplus army or its damage with Ike's stats. Yeah, it can use Swords and Axes, but that just makes it a renamed GBA Hero, and other than carrying around an axe or two just in case of a real annoying lancer I never felt the urge to use anything other than Ragnell, so it never really caught my eye. Micaiah's Light Priestess class is likewise unnotable: just a slightly fancier Bishop/Saint.

Yes, she can be a very good mage. But by the time you get her to be good (ESPECIALLY considering you could use energy drops and speedwings on the people that need them more to become godly, say Mia or Oliver) you've already got two arch sages at least (the one you like and Bastian) and maybe more, because you depend heavily on mages as you said. I just personally feel that Sanaki takes too much babying to become godly.

Whaa? I was the only person who voted for Baesala? He carries you through Distortions, arguably one of the hardest and most frustrating maps in the game, is a huge help in that other map with Micaiah in Part 4, one of the best endgame units, is fun to use and has a great theme song. Hm.

6 minutes ago, Lost Impact said:

Whaa? I was the only person who voted for Baesala? He carries you through Distortions, arguably one of the hardest and most frustrating maps in the game, is a huge help in that other map with Micaiah in Part 4, one of the best endgame units, is fun to use and has a great theme song. Hm.

Or you could just use Marcia and Micaiah like I did, and the other map just use Nolan, Micaiah, Marcia, and only find out how useless Sigrun is then instead of when you need to like a normal person.

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

9 hours ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

(ESPECIALLY considering you could use energy drops and speedwings on the people that need them more to become godly, say Mia or Oliver)

I've never really used Mia or Oliver that much. Mia's pretty good, but she's in the Grail Mercenaries, which is already full of powerful units, and Swordmasters aren't the greatest in RD. Between that and not being particularly attached to her, I don't invest much time in her. Oliver is similar, except he doesn't even have the potential of being trained. He's just added at the end of his chapter and then (after Izuka) you have to choose who to bring into the Tower. Aside from the small kick I got out of his recruitment and speech with Ike, I had no reason to use him.

9 hours ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

you've already got two arch sages at least (the one you like and Bastian) and maybe more, because you depend heavily on mages as you said. 

While I did say that, its somewhat inaccurate for Radiant Dawn. There aren't a huge number of mages in RD, and several have poor availability. Thus, in RD I always ended up being lower on mage:total main team ratio than most other older FEs I played. Sure, I run Bastian every Endgame, and Micaiah's there by default, but that's basically it on my non-Sanaki mage front. Once or twice, I've raised Ilyana so that I could play around with Rexbolt, but I don't always. I never end up using Tormod really thanks to his terrible availability and my lack of interest in him as a character. Calill's handy and sees some use in her chapters, but she too isn't available enough to be great, and I didn't like her enough to go too far out of my way in raising her. Bastian's epic, and as mentioned I always use him since I like him so much. Soren I use pretty heavily, so he's sometimes in my Engame team, but not always since slots are valuable and Bastian's already got my Rexcalibur purposes covered. Laura I don't ever use in Endgame, since I definitely don't need her staff help and her Light magic isn't important to me. Rhys I sometimes tried to raise, but I've never been happy with him. Oliver I mentioned above. And Pelleas, I sometimes use him a bit, but I don't like him enough to try with.

As for raising Sanaki, you have two chapters in which to do so before Endgame, and since she's forced there's no reason to not train her at least a bit. I personally like leaving units in their original armies for the most part, so I'm usually using the Dawn Brigade in the "Silver Army", which means most of my units are useless only moderately strong at best. Thanks to that, there's ample opportunities for letting Sanaki kill-steal or for using Sanaki to weaken enemies to the point that the Dawn Brigade can actually be useful. And one of the maps is a desert, so she's running around having fun while everyone else is crawling.

And finally, I'd like to mention that all this above stuff is about Sanaki, not about her Class. Sanaki's absolutely not the best unit on this poll, but the poll says "Best unique class", not "Best unit with a unique class". To me, Sanaki's class is the most interesting class on the list, hence why I voted for her.

i wonder why noone voted for elincia, huh.

ah well voted for nailah. you can't tell me that the design isn't fucking cool AND she's around for longer periods of time compared to the other laguz royals.