Trailer Song Lyrics

20 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Regarding the last line of the E3 trailer version, re-listening to it, I think the line is "Born as time betrays", which would make it very similar to the line in the recently released version, just with "Knowing" replaced with "Born as".

@EnduinI agree with you that it sounds more like "Faint lights" than "Daylights". I can definitely hear a "t" sound. Not sure if it's "As joy surrounds" or "As choice surrounds", I can definitely hear both. For the following line, I'm really not sure. It's clear its starts with a "Come" syllable and ends with "bounds", but I can't make out what's between both, though I feel like I hear a "b" syllable right after the "come".

I think given the context Joy and Comfort just make a lot more sense. That entire set of lines are describing the academy setting, in what seems to be specifically a dinner, which would corroborate the faint lights line such as when the sun is setting in the evening. Joy and Comfort seem rather reasonable emotions to have in such a setting which also seem like a good primer to help a person to finally feel like themselves. Surrounded by true friends, enjoying the food and company, without any worries letting them be free of their duties and responsibilities as nobles and Royal heirs and just being themselves. Even just for a brief moment in time as they forget about everything else but eventually do come back to that reality.

Edited by Enduin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, this song feels more "Lost in Thoughts" than "Heritors of Arcadia", and while I'm not a fan of theme songs I love the latter because the lyrics were translated beautifully, it flows much better, and it wasn't overplayed. With Lost in Thoughts, the translated version was awkward because it had to fit the music which was obviously made to fit the more concise Japanese lyrics. This one feels a little bit like that as well, though it's grown on me since the initial upload.

Something about the English version is a bit off (like it’s a bit wordy??) but it’s slowly growing on me.

I do hope that they’ll fix the balance between vocals and instrumentals when they release the full song though. Some parts the instrumentals completely overpowered the vocals.

2 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Something about the English version is a bit off (like it’s a bit wordy??) but it’s slowly growing on me.

I do hope that they’ll fix the balance between vocals and instrumentals when they release the full song though. Some parts the instrumentals completely overpowered the vocals.

Yeah the vocal mixing in both versions sounds super weird? Like the vocals are too raw and just layered on top of the backing track without much tweaking or editing. Not fond of the really clunky lyrics of the first chorus and verse but the second chorus is pretty good and every time I listen to it, it grows on me. It's definitely more of a LiTAA than Heritors of Arcadia :/ but it's good nonetheless.

I look to you, like a red rose

Seeking the sun, no matter where it goes

This line is really odd. I mean in the Japanse version we have a "nameless flower", but they changed it to a red rose. I think this would be fit pretty well if it was about Edelgard since she's the Spring representation and it's connected to the colour red too, and since Byleth is possibly Summer that could tie in with the sun.

The problem is that would be mean Edelgard would be more important than the other two which I don't it's the case.

Another funny connection is that the red rose is the symbol of House Lancaster, which could be a nod to Leicester.

Edited by Sushi_Cat

4 minutes ago, Sushi_Cat said:

The problem is that would be mean Edelgard would be more important than the other two which I don't it's the case.

I mean she has been the most prominently featured character and so far the only one of the three house leaders we've seen speak. That may mean nothing in the game proper but if one were to judge solely the two trailers then there's definitely a lot more focus on her. 

14 minutes ago, Thane said:

I mean she has been the most prominently featured character and so far the only one of the three house leaders we've seen speak. That may mean nothing in the game proper but if one were to judge solely the two trailers then there's definitely a lot more focus on her. 

Yeah, that's definitely true, but since the game is called Three Houses it would be weird that she would be the primary focus.

3 minutes ago, nordopolica said:

There could be verses or sections for each main character? Or maybe the choice is all an illusion and Edelgard is the main character no matter what.

Maybe it's similar to what we had in Fates, and we'll have three variations of the song, one for each of the houses.

Edited by Sushi_Cat

11 hours ago, Sushi_Cat said:

Yeah, that's definitely true, but since the game is called Three Houses it would be weird that she would be the primary focus.

Maybe it's similar to what we had in Fates, and we'll have three variations of the song, one for each of the houses.

Edelgard's by far the most popular of the three House Lords, and has been given far more focus in the trailers thus far. We haven't even really heard what Dimitri and Claude even sound like, while Edelgard narrated the first trailer.

As for the song, I can't help but suspect that the singer is meant to be Edelgard, and the song is aimed at Byleth.

Edited by Onestep

I'm still holding out hope that the story and character roles are fixed and our House choice just changes what POV we see things from. In that scenario Edelgard being the kind of defacto lead and more prominent one in marketing would work if she's always the "protagonist" of the story even if you say pick Claude or Dimitri instead and choose to seen events unfold from their particular perspective. Possibly as antagonists within the story standing in opposition to Edelgard, which would be great. But that's probably too extreme and out there for IS to try and pull off. You'd effectively have three separate campaigns as well as just fan reactions to potentially having to play the role of the bad guy or losing side if things went down that route. Even if it would be super interesting to experience things from that side.

12 hours ago, Enduin said:

I'm still holding out hope that the story and character roles are fixed and our House choice just changes what POV we see things from. In that scenario Edelgard being the kind of defacto lead and more prominent one in marketing would work if she's always the "protagonist" of the story even if you say pick Claude or Dimitri instead and choose to seen events unfold from their particular perspective. Possibly as antagonists within the story standing in opposition to Edelgard, which would be great. But that's probably too extreme and out there for IS to try and pull off. You'd effectively have three separate campaigns as well as just fan reactions to potentially having to play the role of the bad guy or losing side if things went down that route. Even if it would be super interesting to experience things from that side.

This would be way more interesting to play instead of having a similar story for each route where we always side with the "good guys". I don't think it would be everyone's cup of tea though since the events would be more or less fixed. It would be even worse if we had to play the three paths to get the true ending, which its definetly a possibility.

Lost In Thoughts All Alone strongly suggests/references Anankos' descent to insanity and him striving for power.

Heritors of Arcadia is explicitly stated to be a message from Mila to the people. 

So I assume that this song is a message from whoever the God/Goddess is in Fodlan.

12 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Lost In Thoughts All Alone strongly suggests/references Anankos' descent to insanity and him striving for power.

Heritors of Arcadia is explicitly stated to be a message from Mila to the people. 

So I assume that this song is a message from whoever the God/Goddess is in Fodlan.

From the lyrics my guess this song is about Edelgard’s “true” nature as it mentions a mask of sorts and a blackened heart and being free. To me it seems Edelgard maybe as a bearer of her family’s crest was driven mad by the responsibilty or power of it. From the lyrics she views herself as some kind of monster which could mean the bearers of the crests could turn into those black beasts in the trailer

I've got it, chaps, I've cracked the code! (Well, I've got a new idea). 

What if it's the church woman in the monastery? Clearly this song is sung by someone who values the school highly, and as far as we know she hangs around there. 

Maybe she genuinely loves the school and the students, but has a duty to the church, the goddess, or someone else to do some villain business. That way we get the familiarity with the school, the students, and the "mask" that she uses to hide her true goal. She's finally "herself" when enjoying time with the students but knows they can't get in the way of her mission. 

42 minutes ago, Thane said:

What if it's the church woman in the monastery? Clearly this song is sung by someone who values the school highly, and as far as we know she hangs around there. 

Maybe she genuinely loves the school and the students, but has a duty to the church, the goddess, or someone else to do some villain business. That way we get the familiarity with the school, the students, and the "mask" that she uses to hide her true goal. She's finally "herself" when enjoying time with the students but knows they can't get in the way of her mission. 

That makes a lot of sense, you may be right.

Ugh I love the song so much, and I feel like there is so much meaning behind the lyrics, which only makes it better of course.

Also, I don't think it's about Sothis, these lines "Faint lights pass through colored glass, in this beloved place Silver shines, the world dines, a smile on each face" makes it sound like it's someone from the academy itself.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

That's actually a really good theory and makes a sense for pretty much every verse, more so than either Sothis or Edelgard which kind of don't make full sense for one half or the other.

That said I would hate for her just to be a pawn to someone else, I would much prefer her being an actual Zealot of her own free will and desire. Not the victim or tool for some other nefarious person or being.

I heard the song.

Meh, doesn't sound good to me at all. Sounded weird and nothing really ever surprised me about it, the video ended before I was surprised.

Can we get the Fire Emblem theme back please?

EDIT: Well I was confused because I actually watched a fan singing it somewhere... of it, whoops XD

EDIT 2: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74JF43HJ4jw

Edited by This boi uses Nino

7 hours ago, Thane said:

I hope this end up being it to be honest, sounds very interesting.