Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Tier List!

Seen a lot of character discussions around here lately, so I thought I'd have a go at making my own tier list. This is based off my countless runs of the game, most likely opinions will differ though, so please tell me your thoughts on it. Either way, thought this might help out people playing the Tellius series for the first time, or just people wanting to do a challenge run. I have ranked the characters based on availability, stats, effectiveness in their available levels, and required cost to train them. I assumed no transfers for any character, to make it more fair, and also less cluttered. Herons are excluded since they're hard to place on a tier list, Reyson - Rafiel - Leanne is the tier list for them, but it doesn't really matter since they're all good units. If you have any questions about a character's place on the list, just ask me. 

Brawl Meta Naito Tier:

Haar

------------------------------------------------------------

High Tier:

Nailah

Baesala

Tibarn

Ike

Titania

Volug

Caineghis

Giffca

-----------------------------------------------------------

Upper Mid Tier:

Nephenee

Shinon

Mia

Nolan

Gatrie

Janaff

Ulki

Boyd

Jill

Zihark

Oscar

Marcia

Soren

Micaiah

Mid Tier:

Danved

Tanith

Sigrun

Sothe

Elincia

Tauroreno

Callil

Ilyana

Brom

Volke

Geoffrey

Kieran

Aran

Leonardo

Edward

Sanaki

Laura

Stefan

Nasir

Kurthnaga

Lower Mid Tier:

Mordecai

Mist

Rhys

Heather

Rolf

Ranulf

Ena

Lucia

Pelleas

Low Tier:

Lethe

Astrid

Renning

Muarim

Nealuchi

Makalov

Bastian

Vika

Tormod

Lehran

Meg

Gareth

Bottom Tier:

Oliver

Fiona

Lyre

Edited by Lost Impact

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Laura is very useful in part 3, so definitely no low tier
  • Tormod's and Vika's bases are good enough for part 1, they've more uses than Bastian who mainly exists to recruit Volke
  • Muarim is the only one of the trio who's usable in 4-4.
  • Ranulf and Janaff are high tier / up mid tier at least. Their bases are great to (almost) ORKO enemies.
  • Elincia is top tier, mobile healer and a fantastic offensive unit. She Can OKRO an aura. Sure, she joins underleveled in part 4, but paragon fixes it, and that's really the only ressource she needs.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

8 minutes ago, (s)ad touch said:

ive not played RD at all but isn't haar kinda late game? should he really be top tier? i dunno

thats just what i hear though

He joins in the prologue of Part 2 and re-joins mid-way through part 3. He arguably has one of the highest availability numbers of any optional character in the game. And also: Rolf is someone that doesn't require much babying, and surpasses Shinon in multiple stats when the two go to third tier. So why is Rolf in low mid? And Oliver should go to low mid, since if you give him speedwings he's a great unit to have.

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

44 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:
  • Laura is very useful in part 3, so definitely no low tier
  • Tormod's and Vika's bases are good enough for part 1, they've more uses than Bastian who mainly exists to recruit Volke
  • Muarim is the only one of the trio who's usable in 4-4.
  • Ranulf and Janaff are high tier / up mid tier at least. Their bases are great to (almost) ORKO enemies.
  • Elincia is top tier, mobile healer and a fantastic offensive unit. She Can OKRO an aura. Sure, she joins underleveled in part 4, but paragon fixes it, and that's really the only ressource she needs.

• Laura is very hard to level up, and is completely outclassed by Micaiah. However, she is useful as a staffbot I guess, so I'll probably move her up a bit. Think I was a bit harsh there
  • Tormod and Vika aren't worth investing in or using as the DB need all the experience that they can get. Bastian however, is a bit high, yes.
  • Hence why he is above Tormod and Vika
  • They're Laguz, though. Ranulf in particular drains his meter very quickly. That said, I might move them up since low tier is a bit harsh
  • Elincia joins late, is very squishy and in the same levels as Tibarn. Sure, she's a healer, but you have Micaiah. Not to mention she's a flier who will almost certainly get one shotted by one of the many archers in late game which you'll have to avoid. Sure, you might say that's bad playing, but it just means another thing to worry about. Especially Rebirth 2 will give her trouble. And paragon is investment. She's good against the auras, though. I think near the top of mid tier is good for her
    12 minutes ago, (s)ad touch said:

ive not played RD at all but isn't haar kinda late game? should he really be top tier? i dunno

thats just what i hear though

You're thinking of Path of Radiance

7 minutes ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

He joins in the prologue of Part 2 and re-joins mid-way through part 3. He arguably has one of the highest availability numbers of any optional character in the game. And also: Rolf is someone that doesn't require much babying, and surpasses Shinon in multiple stats when the two go to third tier. So why is Rolf in low mid? And Oliver should go to low mid, since if you give him speedwings he's a great unit to have.

Speedwings is investment, especially when you should be saving those for Miccy. 

Rolf requires a lot of babying, and especially in the harder difficulties he's just not worth using. 

1 minute ago, Lost Impact said:

Speedwings is investment, especially when you should be saving those for Miccy. 

Rolf requires a lot of babying, and especially in the harder difficulties he's just not worth using. 

Then I've always been super lucky with him I guess. He's always just a tiny bit worse than Shinon in tier 2 for me, and when he goes to become a marksman he becomes godly. When he got the Double Bow he one-shot an aura in the endgame.

Just now, NobodyYouKnow said:

Then I've always been super lucky with him I guess. He's always just a tiny bit worse than Shinon in tier 2 for me, and when he goes to become a marksman he becomes godly. When he got the Double Bow he one-shot an aura in the endgame.

I was distracted, I meant two-shot. But still that's quite a feat.

4 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Personally I would put Vika, Meg, and Gareth in bottom tier, but that's just me xD

Yes, but Meg and Gareth aren't ever completely useless, and Vika has some use in Part 1. Neither of the two are ever totally useless. Well, at least if you use Meg that is.

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

On which difficulty is this tierlist based?

Also
here are the results of a tierlist from the last year voted by people from ths forum.

ranked way too low

• Elincia
  • Sothe (without him part 1 wouldn't be possible in hard mode)

ranked too low

• Janaff
  • Ulkie
  • Ranulf

ranked too high

• Giffca
  • Sanaki
  • Danved
  • Leonardo (he's not better than Edward)
Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

2 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

On which difficulty is this tierlist based on?

Also
here are the results of a tierlist from the last year voted by people from ths forum.

ranked way too low

• Elincia

ranked too low

• Janaff
  • Ulkie
  • Ranulf

ranked too high

• Naesala
  • Giffca
  • Sanaki

In what world are they ranked too high? Naesala has great base stats, growths, and decent enough availability to level cap, Giffca is Caineghis but a bit faster and a little bit weaker which can be good, Sanaki requires almost zero babying to be able to hold her own in the Endgame (she was useful to me in it at level 8), and don't even get me started on comparing Edward and Leo.

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

• Sanaki joins late with low bases. Sure, she has amazing potential for being able to double auras, but it's not paid as well as it would be for Jill.
  • Giffa joins extremly late. He is as powerful as Cain, but he needs one more turn to have Cain's perfomance.
  • Leonardo's is a bit underrated imo, but defenitely not good enough for being mid tier. His bases are fine but his growths are terrible. He's good in 2-3 chapters in part 1 and decent when he has Lughnasadh, but his combat isn't great overall, at least until he has Lughnasadh.
  • Well, I take Naesala from my list, but I wouldn't rank him as third best unit in FE10. He's the weakest Laguz for only having S-strike and he can't ORKO everyone unlike Tibarn.

3 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

On which difficulty is this tierlist based?

Also

ranked way too low

• Elincia

ranked too low

• Janaff
  • Ulkie
  • Ranulf

ranked too high

• Naesala
  • Giffca
  • Sanaki
  • Danved

Ahahahaha…. I was waiting for someone to bring up Leonardo vs Edward. This is based off normal mode, by the way. 

Anyway, explanations 

• I already explained Elincia
  • Sothe I don't think deserves higher than mid tier. He's only useful in part 1 and killing some laguz in part 3, after that he's a waste of space whose only purpose is giving you game overs because you forgot he exists
  • Baesala is a laguz royal and is on the Distortions map. He's in Micaiah's group and is required for them. I'd rank him above Tibarn simply because he's in a weaker army with a desert map. Especially if you haven't prepared he is necessary
  • Giffca is just another Caineghis. He makes up for his lack of formshift with a laguz stone that he comes with. Requires no investment and excellent for endgame
  • Sanaki is a useful siege tome user for endgame and works very well as a chipper against Deghinsea. She's also required, has access to many different kinds of magic, and has good growth rates
  • Danved is a very underrated unit, people tend to forget about him because of Neph, but he's got solid stats and is one of the best Royal Knights. He comes with a Killer Lance, for a start, isn't too underlevelled, is good on the Royal Knights maps, and can be a good Wishblade candidate for endgame. 
  • Leonardo is better than Edward, I'd say. For a start, being a ranged unit he's easier to level up. He has excellent availability so levelling him up isn't too hard in Part 1. Edward, on the other hand, is a pain to level up on hard due to being a melee unit with bad bases. Sure, he may have better growth rates, but his lack of defense and the number of Melee enemies means he can get two shotted by Part 3 enemies as he'll always be underlevelled as he's part of the DB. Leonardo, however, is a solid unit to level up for Part 3, as he gets his legendary bow that boosts speed, allowing him to double the tigers and possibly cats, as well as many beorc units. As an archer he doesn't need to be able to tank hits. Edward's sword only boosts luck. Edward is a hard to train glass cannon on a team of glass cannons, you'd just be better off giving that xp to Nolan. And yeah, sure Tempest Blades exist, but have limited uses. Zihark is the better option, as he starts off good and comes with Adept.

3 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:
  • Sanaki joins late with low bases. Sure, she has amazing potential for being able to double auras, but it's not paid as well as it would be for Jill.
  • Giffa joins extremly late. He is as powerful as Cain, but he needs one more turn to have Cain's perfomance.
  • Leonardo's is a bit underrated imo, but defenitely not good enough for being mid tier. His bases are fine but his growths are terrible. He's good in 2-3 chapters in part 1 and decent when he has Lughnasadh, but his combat isn't great overall, at least until he has Lughnasadh.
  • Well, I take Naesala from my list, but I wouldn't rank him as third best unit in FE10. He's the weakest Laguz for only having S-strike and he can't ORKO everyone unlike Tibarn.

I don't think that the order in which they were placed inside of the tiers meant anything as to how good the characters were, so I still defend them. And it doesn't matter that Sanaki's strength and defense are low. Her everything else is enough to put her safely within mid tier. Giffca is less powerful, yes, but his skill nd speed are higher, which counters that enough that they're both about equal. And he's not just judging from the stats, either. That's the reason Naesala is so high. I personally think Ike and Titania are more uppermid than high tier, but that's just me. Because if we were to use the same logic as to why those two are there, then Shinon and Nolan should be high tier as well.