Three Houses OST Opinion Thread

You can post whatever OST you can find when the game comes out and give your opinion on whatever music we hear before and after release.

That OST in the trailer we got was amazing! It was interesting how they put a hint of dubstep in there.

Edited by Perkilator

guh...I know it starts out with something electronic, but I don't know if the classification would be dubstep...

Once we're at the shot in the trailer walking around the castle we get horns more in line with previous games. Definitely curious if they'll do the Fates/Awakening thing where the music has an in battle and out of battle variation that we switch between seamlessly. 

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

guh...I know it starts out with something electronic, but I don't know if the classification would be dubstep...

Once we're at the shot in the trailer walking around the castle we get horns more in line with previous games. Definitely curious if they'll do the Fates/Awakening thing where the music has an in battle and out of battle variation that we switch between seamlessly. 

The dubstep part he refers about is at the end, just before the sleeping girl appears, not at the beginning.

I personally really liked the song; at first I was put off by it because it sounded a lot more modern than what we've been getting until now, but then I realised how awesome it is :D:, and I'm guessing that's what we'll be getting for the most of the soundtrack list.

What I found interesting is how the beginning starts with a voice chanting in like a creepy ritual-like or demonic way.

I also like the ominous chanting at the beginning, with what appears to be the FE main theme faintly played in the background (the narration part before the game title appears). On an unrelated note, the chanting actually sounds like Japanese words to me, but I can't decipher it, most likely just gibberish.

As for the song, I don't really have any opinion of it right now, I'll probably have to listen to the full track to decide if I like it or not.

Edited by Ryo

I thought Fates and SoV both had great soundtracks, leitmotif abuse aside, and what little I heard sounded good enough.

I do find it funny that a gut prediction of mine was right: I was expecting future vocal themes after Fates and SoV's to be a lot more contemporary sounding. And what little I've heard basically gets me thinking J-pop-- while undoubtedly further firing up the "ugh generic JRPG garbage" crowd, I'm okay with it.

Hearing this did warm me up to the idea, to be fair:

The last few Fire Emblem games have had some amazing soundtracks so I think it's safe to assume they will maintain a high standard for the music of Three Houses. Of course the series has had a long history of great music so I don't think any of us were worried in the first place.