Training Mafia 3.0: Advanced - GAMEOVER

Iris

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was typing just as RAD voted me, since I had to erase a bunch of stuff after Makaze dropped his Fable train while I was typing.

His read isn't dropped though, could you rewrite/post it anyway?

Could you also place a non-RVS vote whilst you're at it?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satsuma is bothering me a bit. They said they would be up to lynch nadroj for "interactions" but we're fairly early into the game and now they seem to be throwing shade onto athena but not committing. I know makaze said the same thing about wanting to lynch fable for the day but at least they're voting fable i'm pretty sure. I was under the impression they're going to make a bigger post but these random tidbits without real commitment feels like he could be setting up voting options if need be. I guess they'd be slightly below athena

What did you think of fenrir's response to radicate saying that fenrir ignored your vote athena? You say he ignored your vote on nadraj but he does make a response to this later (to radicate) that I didn't see you address.  Radicate thinks fenrir genuinely didn't realize what your vote meant to his theory. What do you think about that?

3 minutes ago, Junk said:

Satsuma is bothering me a bit. They said they would be up to lynch nadroj for "interactions" but we're fairly early into the game and now they seem to be throwing shade onto athena but not committing. I know makaze said the same thing about wanting to lynch fable for the day but at least they're voting fable i'm pretty sure. I was under the impression they're going to make a bigger post but these random tidbits without real commitment feels like he could be setting up voting options if need be. I guess they'd be slightly below athena

What did you think of fenrir's response to radicate saying that fenrir ignored your vote athena? You say he ignored your vote on nadraj but he does make a response to this later (to radicate) that I didn't see you address.  Radicate thinks fenrir genuinely didn't realize what your vote meant to his theory. What do you think about that?

Agree with the first paragraph

I don't have a conclusion on him yet, I think town!him missing the point of the argument and scum!him trying to squeeze out are both possible. Once he replies to the people (RAD+Makaze?) who mentioned this I'll have a clearer picture.

I can't think of any synonym for "huge leaps of logic" I could have used though.

Junk, I think Makaze also said that Mackc2 was scum, and with barely any context or reasoning. I don't see how what he did was different from what Satsuma did.

29 minutes ago, Junk said:

We're early in the game, but Xnad has already been the focus of discussion for four other players now. At this point, wouldn't you agree Xnad is a better option than Fable for a D1 info lynch if nothing else came up?

I just found the Athena thing kinda funny, and apparently I didn't remember it 100% accurately. I haven't weighed in on the actual point of contention, because I kinda want to see what Bart has to say following up on the vote he made.

7 hours ago, Makaze said:

Going to drop that line since Fable doesn't want to play, but Fable remains my desired lynch for today.

@Zeonth Aren't you in this game? Where are you at?

Indeed I am. And I appear to be quite low on content. I’m going to change this with a bunch of scattered posts throughout the work day. 

2 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

Junk, I think Makaze also said that Mackc2 was scum, and with barely any context or reasoning. I don't see how what he did was different from what Satsuma did.

Makaze is more "in the thick of things", and more willing to call people out and take stances. Meanwhile, Satsuma's just sort of sitting there and throwing shade without backing anything up with a vote or solid stance. That being said IIRC town!satsuma in IDNSFMM5 didn't take much firm stances either.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Could you reply to my post on the top of this page?

Huh, I guess you're right about the Makaze point.

Satsuma, what makes you think that a D1 info lynch will be required in any way? I'd say this game is pretty active and has enough discussion to make a lynch based off scumreads and not info. Why are you trying to suggest info lynches instead of prodding people for reads?

4 hours ago, athena_57 said:

His read isn't dropped though, could you rewrite/post it anyway?

Could you also place a non-RVS vote whilst you're at it?

I missed it, sorry. Basically, I was going to say that a Fable lynch looks rather pointless, such that even lynching Makaze himself would be better for associatives, and that's not very productive either.

##Unvote

##Vote @athena_57 What do you think about Makaze not giving his reasons most of the time?

31 minutes ago, XnadrojX said:

Satsuma, what makes you think that a D1 info lynch will be required in any way? I'd say this game is pretty active and has enough discussion to make a lynch based off scumreads and not info. Why are you trying to suggest info lynches instead of prodding people for reads?

Backup in case I don't find things to prod at, which sometimes happens. It's not like I have to be stubborn about some info lynch options.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I missed it, sorry. Basically, I was going to say that a Fable lynch looks rather pointless, such that even lynching Makaze himself would be better for associatives, and that's not very productive either.

##Unvote

##Vote @athena_57 What do you think about Makaze not giving his reasons most of the time?

Spicy vote.

He has given reasons I think, it's mostly just gutreads, which to me doesn't ring alarmbells but also doesn't make me want to sheep him.

6 hours ago, athena_57 said:

I think it IS pretty important why you chose the joke post. Even if the difference between a complete joke and a generic question is small in your eyes, the way you chose to format your case on me currently is completely ignoring game-relevant stuff I've posted and misrepping my RVS jokes as faked scumhunting.

If you look at the timeframes between Mackc's post and mine, there's less than 5 minutes. If he was going to leave immediately, why bother to make the post? I felt it wouldn't go anywhere, and that he didn't want to discuss it. Therefore, the conclusion I arrived at was that the post was made for the sake of making a post.

Seriously? Then how do you think the game should've started?

Do you then not think my posts were a joke? Do you think I was honestly reading into shitposting mentors? I think "It's a joke" pretty much sums up what was going on there.

The rationale was pressure. I didn't have a scumread on the guy, but felt two votes on one wagon were adding more pressure than two seperate votes.

+1

Yup, the reasoning was wrong. Also, you're right in that I was ending the conversation there. You were taking my jokes seriously and I decided I got out of the conversation what I wanted (a mild townread), so I ended the conversation before your annoyance turned into anger.

My vote on you was to see how you'd react under pressure. Speaking of which, whilst I can see your point on Bart and think the OMGUS-y vote is likely to come from town, I think the excessive vocabulary in the bolded sentence is a bit weird?

The same point could've easily been made without using terms like "huge leaps of logic" and I'm wondering whether this is just the way you talk or scum inflating the situation.

I like your other posts and agree with them for the most part.

##Unvote

Could you expand on this? I'm trying to sort out the people who've voted me. I think Rapier's vote on me was good, his point was correct (there was no change of opinion on my end) and I think his vote came from a good place in that it was meant to evoke reactions. Fenrir's is more iffy, especially because I dislike him using my RVS as evidence, and also ignoring my vote when giving his pocket theory. 

This leaves Junk. I originally wanted to take a look at the most sheepish vote on me, but I think I sort of liked their stuff so far. If you could explain why he's town to you, that'd be great.

On this note, I'll be rereading Junk, but for now, this was the most iffy vote on me and I'd be surprised if zero scummembers joined in on this.

##Vote @Fenrir Aesir

Bruh, please. When I started questioning him, literally everyone was mildly inactive. In fact, I chose to question someone who was online at the time so I could interact. Isn't this basically the exact opposite from what you're describing here? Also, in that game me hopping back on wasn't a sheep vote.

Let's just say I have seen Junk as scum and their posting here seems a bit more like they are actually working through posts and digesting them.

My Fable read is not on him being uncooperative.

I was in the last game with him, and I had a very strong town read of him on tone alone after ISOing him from the start of the game. I had no logical reasons for my town read, and others had logical reasons for their scum reads -- but I persisted, even betting I would reveal my name name if I was wrong. I was apparently the only one who saw he was town, and he ragequit by self-hammering.

This is a very different Fable. The vibes I am getting are incredibly different and they are not good.

What he is literally doing may not be indicative, but the way he is doing it, and his "this thread makes my head hurt" comments are not in his town character.

3 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Let's just say I have seen Junk as scum and their posting here seems a bit more like they are actually working through posts and digesting them.

I was in the last game with him, and I had a very strong town read of him on tone alone after ISOing him from the start of the game. I had no logical reasons for my town read, and others had logical reasons for their scum reads -- but I persisted, even betting I would reveal my name name if I was wrong. I was apparently the only one who saw he was town, and he ragequit by self-hammering.

This is a very different Fable. The vibes I am getting are incredibly different and they are not good.

What he is literally doing may not be indicative, but the way he is doing it, and his "this thread makes my head hurt" comments are not in his town character.

Okay, thank you, I'll keep this in mind.

1 hour ago, athena_57 said:

Oh, Satsuma, if you're going to vote me, could you ask me questions please, I'm kind of bored atm.

To be honest I fried my own brain by running under the sun, so I can't think of anything.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

To be honest I fried my own brain by running under the sun, so I can't think of anything.

Ai, that sucks.

If you were to assume I'm town, who of the people who've voted me is the most suspicious to you?

9 hours ago, Junk said:

I missed fable not doing rvs because I saw evanman's post and went back to look to see if he had voted rvs. I actually feel suspicious about his comment now though because it feels like it's trying to come off as somewhat confused despite the fact that the comment was 2 pages into the game. Basically it comes off as fake to me.

I disagree with bart on xnadroj. I don't really see how he was trying to drop the conversation? Nadroj responds to athena and then athena states that it was a joke. What is he supposed to do there?

He could have tried deriving Athena's alligance from it? He could have tried starting an rvs wagon on me for the whole SB not shitposting thing? There were several things he could have done to move the game forward with it, yet he didn't.

9 hours ago, Junk said:

I don't feel like nadroj is trying to avoid interaction in general because athena soon makes a new post and nadroj asks some question to athena. This applies to athena's vote as well, even if athena adds that nadroj tried to throw shade on him but then dropped the convo, I don't get how you can really respond to a response that is so minimal. IN FACT, I actually feel like athena dropped the conversation because his response of "it was a joke" basically dismisses all of what nadroj said. I do think that athena is telling the truth about joking but I would have preferred to see a bit more addressing what nadroj actually said rather than "he's town". I can't find scum intent in bart's vote so it doesn't bother me too much but athena's vote does bother me a little bit because it feels hypocritical to say that nadroj dropped the convo when athena's response was so minimal.

I mean, Xnad was reacting seriously to obvious joke questions. The only other thing Athena could have done imo was continuing the joke, but I don't think that would have done anything either. I feel like at the end of their conversation, Athena walked away with a failed attempt to start anything, but at least a read on Xnad. Xnad got... nothing. No attempt to start anything, no read on Athena, nothing. In this situation, I'd expect Xnad to want more out of the conversation, while Athena got basicly all he was likely gonna get.

25 minutes ago, XnadrojX said:

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I did have suspicions about athena_57 with that early interaction and my "what are you trying to pull?" post, but I felt like I was overthinking it after they said it was a joke.

I guess that's something. Although it became nothing at the end of the conversation, so...

I have a lot to say about it now though. Mainly:

Other people have addressed this point but I most certainly, was not in any way attempting to break off interaction. In fact, if anyone was trying to break off interaction, it was athena_57 with the "it's a joke". Regardless if it's a joke or not, which no longer matters, this "reasoning" you bring up on me is just factually wrong.

Uhm, no? All you did in that conversation was react with: this question is dumb. This question is dumber. Why are you being dumb? (in rvs)

That doesn't count as keeping an interaction going to me. Heck, if you were suspicious of Athena when you asked that "What are you trying to pull?", why didn't you vote him? Even if he was joking, why not continue with asking him why he was asking you all those question, since it doesn't seem like you were townreading him for the effort? I'm having trouble seeing this lack of intrest come from someone trying to solve the game.

Think this is a good point to correct my vote:

##Vote: @XnadrojX

Your reason for scumreading me is literally the reason athena_57 was townreading me, how do you view it as "good enough" for you not to suspect them?

Showing emotion == having said emotion? We analyzed the same thing, but we had different reasons for our conclusions.

You seem a little too easily convinced.

Was this about me or Athena?

athena_57 just seems like they want to suck up to Bartozio, idk what to think about that.

Does this count as trowing shade yet?

But Bartozio just has such huge leaps of logic here, I can't see him feasibly arrive at the conclusions he did with any normal flow of thinking.

##Vote @Bartozio

Indeed, it wasn't a normal flow of thinking. It was the amazing thinking of a proffesional internet detective with a degree in mathematics! Yes, yes, thank you, you are all lucky to have me!

In all seriousness though, I don't think my flow of thinking was that weird. Also, what do you think scum!me would be trying to pull here then? One more point for not putting in effort to solve the game I guess.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Indeed, it wasn't a normal flow of thinking. It was the amazing thinking of a proffesional internet detective with a degree in mathematics! Yes, yes, thank you, you are all lucky to have me!

I knew I chose the right person to buddy up to.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

I don't think this is entirely fair, because you came in halfway through the game, so you had a bigger picture then just his early game. If Fable is the type of player who needs a while to get going (which he clearly was in that game), that kind of thing really matters.

Sorry, but I'm not sheeping you on just a gutread. I'm willing to consolidate onto Fable if he keeps this unproductiveness up though.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I don't think this is entirely fair, because you came in halfway through the game, so you had a bigger picture then just his early game. If Fable is the type of player who needs a while to get going (which he clearly was in that game), that kind of thing really matters.

Sorry, but I'm not sheeping you on just a gutread. I'm willing to consolidate onto Fable if he keeps this unproductiveness up though.

This feels contradictory? You're not surprised he needs a while to get going, yet are wiling to consolidate on him for unproductiveness?