Best Talent/Boon/Bane if marrying Ryoma?

GenricRunner

What would be the best Talent/Boon/Bane for Female Corrin if marrying Ryoma?

I was thinking Paladin or Wyvern lord/Malig Knight, but this is my first time playing FE Fates Birthright and I'm really not sure if those are best.

Edited by GenricRunner

Depends on a couple of factors. The biggest being if you see Ryoma getting an A+ support with Silas. If you aren’t, I’d recommend going cavalier. It’s one of the best classes for Corrin, and one of the best reclasses for Ryoma. More bulk, more offensive power, more movement, it’s overall Probably Ryoma’s best reclasses. If you can see Ryoma getting an A+ support with Silas, there are two main options, the way that’s better for Corrin as a unit (wyvern), or the way that’s better for Ryoma as a unit (Mercenary). The wyvern line is very good for Corrin, allowing access to flight, good magic options, and strong physical weapons. The Mercenary line on the other hand, doesn’t do much for Corrin, as it doesn’t allow them to overcome their biggest weakness - lack of 1-2 range. For Ryoma on the other hand, it gives him access to strong riptose and Sol, with strong riptose increasing his enemy phase power, and Sol increasing his enemy phase durability (Sol’s effectiveness depends on several different factors, mainly access to 1-2 range, durability, and damage. Ryoma has access to 1-2 range, already decent durability, and insanely high damage, making him an extremely good user of the skill). I’d recommend having Corrin A-rank Rinkah if you choose to go Mercenary. If you choose to use Corrin as her own combat unit, I’d recommend building up axe rank in Oni savage, and then reclassing to Malig Knight using Scarlet, and using the bolt axe as her primary weapon. If you’re using corrin as a stat backpack, I’d recommend promoting to Oni Chieftan as soon as Ryoma joins (if not sooner) and keep her constantly in the back of the pair up. As far as boon and bane goes, I’d recommend +magic -luck if Corrin is going to be her own unit (bolt naginata paladin, bolt axe Malig Knight), + strength - defense if she’s going to be a backpack for Ryoma (best pair up stats). I’d recommend Ryoma having a skill combination of Vantage, Strong Riposte, Defender, Elbow Room, and Sol, in the paladin class, if you want Ryoma to be the best unit he can be (adding in Swordfaire and possibly Life or Death lategame if desired).

Tl;dr - Cav if Silas A+ isn’t happening, Wyvern if Corrin is her own unit, Merc if Corrin is pair-up bot.

5 hours ago, Aut said:

Depends on a couple of factors. The biggest being if you see Ryoma getting an A+ support with Silas. If you aren’t, I’d recommend going cavalier. It’s one of the best classes for Corrin, and one of the best reclasses for Ryoma. More bulk, more offensive power, more movement, it’s overall Probably Ryoma’s best reclasses. If you can see Ryoma getting an A+ support with Silas, there are two main options, the way that’s better for Corrin as a unit (wyvern), or the way that’s better for Ryoma as a unit (Mercenary). The wyvern line is very good for Corrin, allowing access to flight, good magic options, and strong physical weapons. The Mercenary line on the other hand, doesn’t do much for Corrin, as it doesn’t allow them to overcome their biggest weakness - lack of 1-2 range. For Ryoma on the other hand, it gives him access to strong riptose and Sol, with strong riptose increasing his enemy phase power, and Sol increasing his enemy phase durability (Sol’s effectiveness depends on several different factors, mainly access to 1-2 range, durability, and damage. Ryoma has access to 1-2 range, already decent durability, and insanely high damage, making him an extremely good user of the skill). I’d recommend having Corrin A-rank Rinkah if you choose to go Mercenary. If you choose to use Corrin as her own combat unit, I’d recommend building up axe rank in Oni savage, and then reclassing to Malig Knight using Scarlet, and using the bolt axe as her primary weapon. If you’re using corrin as a stat backpack, I’d recommend promoting to Oni Chieftan as soon as Ryoma joins (if not sooner) and keep her constantly in the back of the pair up. As far as boon and bane goes, I’d recommend +magic -luck if Corrin is going to be her own unit (bolt naginata paladin, bolt axe Malig Knight), + strength - defense if she’s going to be a backpack for Ryoma (best pair up stats). I’d recommend Ryoma having a skill combination of Vantage, Strong Riposte, Defender, Elbow Room, and Sol, in the paladin class, if you want Ryoma to be the best unit he can be (adding in Swordfaire and possibly Life or Death lategame if desired).

Tl;dr - Cav if Silas A+ isn’t happening, Wyvern if Corrin is her own unit, Merc if Corrin is pair-up bot.

Wow, Thank you!, How could Ryoma have an A+ Support with Silas?

Edited by GenricRunner

49 minutes ago, GenricRunner said:

Wow, Thank you!, How could Ryoma have an A+ Support with Silas?

All you need to do is get them to A rank, and they’ll have the option to A+. All same sex supports have this option, one per person, and gives each character access to the other unit’s class via a friendship seal (except with the avatar, who can get an A rank with everyone except Niles/Rhajat which for the avatar counts as an A+ I believe if the unit is the same gender as the avatar and in the case of an A rank only the avatar gains access to the other units class).