Best FE dad?

Alistair

In honor of it being Father's Day (at least in the United States), let's determine who the best dad in Fire Emblem is.

Now, I have not played all FEs, but of the ones I have played I'll pick Elbert from Blazing Blade. He clearly had good relationships with Eliwood and Eleanora, and by all accounts it's by his example that Eliwood seems to have raised Roy by - and Roy seems fairly well adjusted thus far in the Binding Blade.

2 minutes ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Excuse me boys. It's Dagdar. There is no contest.

He's Tanya's father, and Marty's daddy.

If he was a better father, he would have taught his daughter to use a better weapon.

Edited by Slumber

Eliwood, by virtue of surviving his kidā€™s game. Ā For a less jokey reason, Eliwoodā€™s a good guy as a whole, what other reason do you need?

Maybe Iā€™ll think of other readons later

Daddy Garon, after he sees a supposed orphan in front of him, he proudly says that he will be their new father.

Gotta give it to Brom. He fights so his kids don't have to. Although I guess he probably should have kept a better eye on Meg, but I think its clear he raised her well enough to take care of herself (in game stats notwithstanding).

Ashnard- he chuckedĀ his son and handed him to a mean old lady. Which is likely better than the alternative of Ashnard actually raising his child- sometimes you have to know when you won't make a good parent.

Eli isn't bad, Hector doesn't appear to be either, but I don't think we really get much parent time with either of them. Most non-Afatening parents do not get much time with their kids, onscreen at least.

This should be a nonsurprise for anyone who knows my likings, but I'll throw in a word for Sephiran.Ā He clearly enjoys being Sanaki's parent figure (what happened to her actual parents by the way?), and Sanaki clearly loves him. I can imagine being a father filled a void and let Sephiran play a role he had for a very long time wanted to perform, but sadly could not. He isn't exactly the best parent, given his other dealings, but those dealings weren't directed at Sanaki directly, she was to be an unfortunate victim of them.

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I am

I gave my kid all the second best weapons in both games.

I went so far as to let Kana use the Dragonstone+

wTv6QVF.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I went so far as to let Kana use the Dragonstone+

wTv6QVF.jpg

Well that's just smart. Corrin is going to be equipping the Yato most of the time anyway and Kana has a skill that only works with dragonstones.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well that's just smart. Corrin is going to be equipping the Yato most of the time anyway and Kana has a skill that only works with dragonstones.

But it makes him happy to hold onto it, even if it is the logical choice.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Gotta give it to Brom. He fights so his kids don't have to. Although I guess he probably should have kept a better eye on Meg, but I think its clear he raised her well enough to take care of herself (in game stats notwithstanding).

Going to agree. Big man, big family, farmer, raised at least one good natured kid. She might be persistent, but she's apple-pie sweet.Ā 

I mean Greil is a pretty obvious choice. On my first playthrough of PoR I didn't really understand Greil's relationship with Ike, as I didn't think he acted "fatherly" enough. But on my second playthrough I realized there's a ton of minute details that demonstrate Greil's love for his family.Ā Ā 

1 minute ago, NovaPlatinum said:

I mean Greil is a pretty obvious choice. On my first playthrough of PoR I didn't really understand Greil's relationship with Ike, as I didn't think he acted "fatherly" enough. But on my second playthrough I realized there's a ton of minute details that demonstrate Greil's love for his family.Ā Ā 

like what fag