Best FE dad?

Alistair

On 6/17/2018 at 3:44 PM, Alistair said:

In honor of it being Father's Day (at least in the United States), let's determine who the best dad in Fire Emblem is.

Now, I have not played all FEs, but of the ones I have played I'll pick Elbert from Blazing Blade. He clearly had good relationships with Eliwood and Eleanora, and by all accounts it's by his example that Eliwood seems to have raised Roy by - and Roy seems fairly well adjusted thus far in the Binding Blade.

Oh, so you haven't gotten to the part where... No, I've said too much.

Anyway, going to throw another hat toward Eliwood and Brom. Both seem like absolutely dears of people and we get evidence that their kids (or at least one in Brom's case) got along with them well and turned out pretty swell themselves. Elbert seems fine too, but maybe it was just him not being around much, he just doesn't strike me as being as good a father for some reason I can't quite name.

Quan gets a dishonorable mention for not realizing his wife brought their infant/toddler daughter along on their literal battle march until they were already essentially there.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I'm surprised that no one mentioned pent or even canas. 

Anyways, bartre is also best dad too. Not sure why people praise garon though considering he tends to put his kids near death.

8 hours ago, Harvey said:

Anyways, bartre is also best dad too. Not sure why people praise garon though considering he tends to put his kids near death.

I think the Garon answers are more of a joke

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, Harvey said:

I think it's because we don't really get to see those two interact with their children. I mean, Canas dies when Hugh is two and we only have anything Klein or Clarine says about their parents to work with (I can't remember how much they say if anything).

I'll agree with Brom. Meg seems really nice, and he's always looking out for her :) I love how proudly he talks about her, and it makes me sad that RD didn't have supports so we can't have one between them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah no, Canas isn't dad of the year.

It's not that he's awful at it (I mean, we see some of that with Nino and that is one of the best supports in the series) so much as his willingness to focus on his magic study has an effect on his son both in terms of terrifying him at 2 years old, possibly putting Hugh off dark elder magic entirely and being away from the child to study it is an obvious problem too.

I'd argue best dad is either Elbert or Finn.