does anyone think that we will get palutena's guidance or snake's codec calls in this one

Probably a new equivalent.  I'm partial to the Star Fox guys narrating all that info (yes I'm old).

Edited by eclipse

We did saw Shadow Mose Island is returning, but there was some screenshots showing Palutena's Temple from GameXplain's theory videos. I think we could see both of those conversation calls on those two stages coming back.

Edited by King Marth 64

47 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

If they do codecs, then they'll have to get a new Japanese voice actor for Colonel Campbell, as the original one is dead.

They could always import the originals from Brawl and have a few new characters regarding missing ones as well as calling back other cast members that are still alive.

Then again, from my experiences with seeing voice recasts in Japanese, they tend to be pretty resourceful with how they go about it. Heck, they could just have the character cite his age and state that he's getting a bit too old for this which could be treated as an excuse for a voice change.

On the other hand, I feel that using the all of the old conversations from Brawl would be a disservice given how much they seem to want fans to enjoy it, so I'm not sure how they'd go about it but wouldn't mind them changing a few that seem like they were made just for the time period like Mario's or anyone else's where he notes their appearance specifically.

At any rate, I particularly enjoyed all of the conversations Snake had in Brawl so more overall would be amazing.

Shoutouts to a few of my favourite lines:
"Are you sure he's not a penguin?"
"Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!"
"By farting? Are you kidding me?"
"Falcon Puuuunch!!"

Anyway, I doubt they'd remove the stage's big feature that everyone's going to want to see back at least once, I mean they left in the dialogue for Lylat Cruise completely untouched in Smash Wii U I can see them modifying Shadow Moses and Palutena's Temple to incorporate the changes now, even though they ignored Palutena's Temple in Smash Wii U's DLC files... probably because it'd have costed more or something like that.

44 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

They could always import the originals from Brawl and have a few new characters regarding missing ones as well as calling back other cast members that are still alive.

Then again, from my experiences with seeing voice recasts in Japanese, they tend to be pretty resourceful with how they go about it. Heck, they could just have the character cite his age and state that he's getting a bit too old for this which could be treated as an excuse for a voice change.

Except it would be pretty jarring to have the old codecs feature one voice and newer codecs feature a different voice in the same game.

8 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Except it would be pretty jarring to have the old codecs feature one voice and newer codecs feature a different voice in the same game.

Yeah, I can see why you'd say that. Still, it was only a potential idea on how it could be done.

9 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Colonel Campbell was actually retired as a character in honor of his VA's passing. They're not gonna recast him. In fact, they might not even recycle his Brawl CODECs.

Retiring the character's a nice touch. I suppose they could always just use a different character instead though.

You know, this whole topic made me watch a 50 minute video comparing Snake's Codec Calls to Palutena's Guidance. And as I've started typing this response, I just thought that we could totally see Gray Fox as an assist trophy again! That'll certainly be more welcome than Nightmare or Skull Kid!

39 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Colonel Campbell was actually retired as a character in honor of his VA's passing. They're not gonna recast him. In fact, they might not even recycle his Brawl CODECs.

I guess they could do Master Miller though I guess he was already dead, or I guess Otacon and Mei Ling are getting more stuff to talk about, or they could get Kiefer Sutherland to replace Colonel Campbell as Big Boss, but that might be too meta, and lore breaking, if we aren't looking at this as mg1 Snake, or we could have an extended period of time with David Hayter talking to himself, either Snake talking to BB or talking into the vacuum and responding to the emptiness.

5 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I guess they could do Master Miller though I guess he was already dead, or I guess Otacon and Mei Ling are getting more stuff to talk about, or they could get Kiefer Sutherland to replace Colonel Campbell as Big Boss, but that might be too meta, and lore breaking, if we aren't looking at this as mg1 Snake, or we could have an extended period of time with David Hayter talking to himself, either Snake talking to BB or talking into the vacuum and responding to the emptiness.

Assuming they stick with Metal Gear Solid 1's CODEC cast, there's Natasha.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to have convos for Snake, Pit, Fox, heck, even Link and Zelda (maybe BotW characters chiming in on the Sheikah Tower stage?). And if by some miracle Shantae actually gets in, I'd love if her stage had convos as well, with Mimic, Sky, Bolo, Rottytops and her brothers, Risky, and the Barons all chiming in for different characters.

But yeah, I could see the Snake and Pit convos returning, retaining the convos they had before while adding new ones.

9 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

I think Snake's codecs will return, but I dunno about the voice actors. So Palutena's Guidance is safer to assume that will return!

David Hayter has confirmed he is returning for the game so it's not unreasonable to say they're recording new Codec Calls for Shadow Moses Island. If the devs just wanted to reuse his old lines from Brawl and not add anything new I think Mr. Hayter would have told us something different.

It does bear repeating, however, that the character of Colonel Campbell has been retired due to his Japanese voice actor's death, so they aren't going to just re-use the Brawl ones, or at least not the ones featuring him. Maybe he could be replaced with Natasha, she's the only main CODEC buddy not featured.

On July 1, 2018 at 9:28 PM, Anomalocaris said:

It does bear repeating, however, that the character of Colonel Campbell has been retired due to his Japanese voice actor's death, so they aren't going to just re-use the Brawl ones, or at least not the ones featuring him. Maybe he could be replaced with Natasha, she's the only main CODEC buddy not featured.

I'm pretty sure they will might not make new lines for Colonel Campbell and just stick with reusing it from Brawl and they could use the other two to record new lines and maybe add more a Metal Gear characters for talking about the other fighters that weren't in Brawl such as the 5 missing characters from Melee and the other fighters that were appeared after Brawl. Besides that, they did kept reusing the audio clips from Corneria and Lylat Cruise.

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm hoping we get both, the special Star Fox taunts too.

If the sheer number of characters make it difficult, they could throw in a few general ones for a few characters sharing the same series as a short cut.

I love Uprising's dialogue, so I would love to see them at it again. And of course I wanna hear Otacon talk about Pokemon again.