Little Late, but thought I should.

RookofSpades

So I realized I was a little late on doing this, and my first topic wasn't my introduction despite intending it to be... Phew.

Anyway, I'm excited to be here and excited to introduce myself officially to the Community, I'm Rook.

I'm a giant Fire Emblem Nerd, and a long-time lurker of the forums, I love most things Fire Emblem, and I appreciate both the New and Older Games. (Though if I were told to have a preference the Older Games still have my heart a bit for the sake of nostalgia.)

I love music, anime, and brewing ideas for Fire Emblem (What kind of Game I'd make, changes I'd want to a game to make it better for me, etc.) as well as discussion topics that border on the controversial such as differences in localization to features and their (un)necessary addition to the games in which they appear. I'm also a giant Survivor TV show nerd but I don't expect to talk much about that on these forums.

Anyway, I'm a generally nice guy (at least I try to be), I'm a member of the US Air Force (though that's also not too relevant), and I'm excited to be here and talk with all of you. (If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask feel free, I'm an open book.)

I'm very hype for the new Fire Emblem for the Switch, albeit a little quizzical of some of the features. (I'll definitely need more gameplay and another trailer to decide if it's likely to be a good game for me though. Since it's Fire Emblem though, I'm likely to get it anyway.)

Nice to be here, and meet you all. :D:

Hello @RookofSpades!

I find it really cool that you love Fire Emblem and you are a member of the US Air Force. In my mind I wouldn't find that as a common combination.

50 minutes ago, RookofSpades said:

I'm excited to be here and talk with all of you. (If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask feel free, I'm an open book.)

In that case I do have a question if you don't mind. I don't have either of the Fates games and was thinking about starting them. I'm not sure which one to get first though. I am in it for the story and characters but from my research I don't think I should really be basing my descion between Birthright and Conquest on that. I do think I'm leaning towards Conquest because I like the Medieval style more than the traditional japanese style, and the  gameplay seems better but I'm not the best at Fire Emblem games and it seems Birthright is much easier although I do like challenge too. Which one would you recommend to me getting first? (Note: I'll get both eventually but I'm only going to get one to start with.)

14 minutes ago, -Primal- said:

Hello @RookofSpades!

I find it really cool that you love Fire Emblem and you are a member of the US Air Force. In my mind I wouldn't find that as a common combination.

In that case I do have a question if you don't mind. I don't have either of the Fates games and was thinking about starting them. I'm not sure which one to get first though. I am in it for the story and characters but from my research I don't think I should really be basing my descion between Birthright and Conquest on that. I do think I'm leaning towards Conquest because I like the Medieval style more than the traditional japanese style, and the  gameplay seems better but I'm not the best at Fire Emblem games and it seems Birthright is much easier although I do like challenge too. Which one would you recommend to me getting first? (Note: I'll get both eventually but I'm only going to get one to start with.)

If you are more in it for the story I'd say Birthright feels more like your traditional Fire Emblem game in a sense. While I do think the gameplay is more compelling in Conquest, your not necessarily going to avoid the Japanese style playing it. (There will be less of it sure, but you're still gonna be fighting those Hoshidan Scum.)

I think if you're planning on getting both Birthright is the right game to start. Just remember not to delve too deep into DLC since that'd spoil somethings (Generally I'd say DLC should come after playing all 3-routes, as it's all extra stuff.)

Welcome to the Forest, RookofSpades!

6 hours ago, RookofSpades said:

So I realized I was a little late on doing this, and my first topic wasn't my introduction despite intending it to be... Phew.

There's nothing wrong with that. 

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!