Tales of Malaketh: Ritual of the Blood Red Night - Part 1: On The Run

Nanami Touko

Mina seemed fairly flustered still, poor choice of words indeed... however, it wasn't a big deal in the end. Misea and the others seemed preoccupied with planning for their shopping trip, and at some point Alex's name was called out. "Hm?" Chomping down a bite of meat she had unceremoniously cut from the roasted deer, Alex looked back at Mina, mouth half stuffed. "Mm..." Gulp, "Yeah, sure. I can handle horses for a while if you need to. Or heavy lifting, really. I figured I'd tag along anyways." Really, with the vampires' predicament, it was obvious some of the humans would take lead in negotiations on their next stop, Alex almost thought to add Mina could just leave it to her, but taking away her decision to act first would be rude! "Not sure we'll burn three hundred, but it beats choosing the cheap stuff all day!"

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh my, it seems I might have forgotten... the last clothing I bought were several lavish gowns, but I suppose that amount would be rather excessive for the day to day..." Astrid mused, a finger resting on her chin as she did so. With the newest addition going on about guarding her neck, Astrid couldn't help but let out a light chuckle.

"Relax, relax. Your neck is safe, dear. I'm sure your arms or thighs will suffice instead~" The Countess teased, in a hopefully obvious manner, but it was sometimes hard to tell how these types would take it.

Lua tried to go back to munching on her breakfast, at Misea’s advice, and tried not to scoff at the suggestion that letting herself be bitten was merely ‘adventurous’.  If leaping off a cliff counts as adventurous, then maybe. She tore a chunk of meat off and chewed slowly. The things that she agreed to do for money... She really hoped that she wasn’t making a mistake. She also really wanted to object to Seph leaving her alone with the two vampires and the fool with a fondness for trees, but she had a feeling that just saying that wouldn’t go over well. 

Speaking of Glendwr, he was heading back with her gear. “Pushy?” Lua rolled her eyes. “Sure, whatever you say.” she replied mockingly, taking the weapons and examining them. Neither were anything fancy of course, but her eyes lingered on the tome for a few moments. These things melt vampires, don’t they? I’d like to see them try something now. A her lips curled into a brief smirk, before placing it to one side. Of course, she wasn’t brazen enough to pick a fight with the creatures of the night, but self-defence was another matter. If she had to roast them, they’d end up like the deer.

They’d probably taste a little worse though. And they looked kinda like humans, so it’d be really weird. “Urgh...” Was she really contemplating what it would be like to eat a vampire? Lua, You’re losing it. She should try and refocus on almost anything else. Right, what was everyone else talking about? The other vampire said that she was only going to bite her arms... That was definitely a joke right? It made her feel uneasy, but it had to be, didn’t it? “Haha, yeah.” Her response was forced, and she really hoped that Astrid didn’t know that she was feeling weak at the knees.

Wilhemina tried to do her best not to think too hard about Misea's latest comment on the fiscal situation. Even for a noble, there had to be a line between lavish and ludicrously excessive, didn't there? Maybe the countess always had servants do her shopping, and they just pocketed the unspent remainder? That didn't seem an altogether outlandish scenario. One she even felt she would reconcile with. At any rate, now fully collected and properly informed, Mina was ready to tackle the challenge, and manage the finances in a more than adequate manner. 

She registered brief surprise when it was revealed that the princess's guardian had been contemplating tagging along, if not for the bolstering of the shopping trips's numbers through the addition of Seph and Alex. Clearly the protector intended to spare no length of injury or discomfort for her charge, if needs be. That was certainly a right and proper attitude, if not a little on the rigid side. But today wouldn't need the sacrifice. Nodding as the pair of humans she'd invited along affirmed their intentions to accompany, "We'll head out as soon as everyone's finished eating." Wilhemina took another bite of breakfast--leisurely, there was no need to rush herself as Alex had just started, having only just woken.

Sephtis's question of Almira was a good one, and also invited her curiosity as well. Turning her gaze on the little one, who was making short work of what she'd served up for herself, Mina caught sight of a slight bit of mess in progress, some juices dribbling down the corner of her mouth toward her chin. Pulling out a handkerchief, she leaned in instinctively, to set about cleaning that up. "Hold still a moment, you've got a little something going on here... easy does it... there we go!"

"Do I have to eat? Uh... I don't think so. No, I'm pretty sure I don't... There were long stretches in the castle where all I was given was blood, but... It still tastes great. Sometimes I can't help myself. Sorry if I--" Almira paused as Mina cleaned her lip a moment, blushing faintly, and offering a tiny, "th-thanks, Mina..." She paused to collect herself, before trying to finish Sephtis' question. "S-Sorry if I'm taking food you all need... Seeing Misea and Astrid not having any kind of makes me feel like a glutton. Ah, ahem... And, Mina, I... I know I look young, but I'm not, really. Not that I don't appreciate it... Are you sure you're comfortable putting your fingers so close to my mouth, though?"

"You wouldn't bite her even if you wanted to, Almira. Don't tease her more." Misea chuckled briefly in the princess' direction, Almira forming sort of a half pout.

"I do mean it, though... If she got brave after Astrid, or maybe even you, you'd be tempted to take a taste."

"Well, I... I mean, perhaps, but I don't bite without permission, I've made that fairly clear."

Almira simply stuck her tongue out at Misea, the knight sighing a bit. "Just to make sure, by the way, I will be accompanying the group into town, and docking the cart at its inn. I'll be getting us all rooms, and probably hiding myself inside my own. Windows or not, getting out of this direct sunlight would be preferable. So you can all enjoy what Rolan has to offer, as long as you're back by nightfall. I'll let you all stay there, though, I promise. We've made great time by dispatching that group, and moving during the day. I can afford to give you all a proper night's rest on real beds." So they hoped. The king's men shouldn't be able to travel so quickly, especially during the day, cover or not.

"Eat breakfast and be merry, then~ We leave for Rolan soon."

So they were even going to rest here for the night. That was more generous than what Seph had been expecting. Wouldn't the smartest thing to do be to continue on the road? Still, it was no good to push until they were burnt out, so maybe Misea had a point in having them stop. Either way, Almira had answered his question, giving the expected answer though adding on a bit that made Seph feel guilty for asking. "No, don't worry. There's plenty of food here for everyone, there's nothing wrong with you having some yourself. I was just curious that's all."

He'd mostly finished his breakfast at that point, having not been overly hungry himself, so he settled back, resettling his scarf back around his face, letting out a small sigh of satisfaction. It had been a while since he'd had deer, and it was always a favorite. Hopefully they would have some extras left for travel rations. "So, Misea, you know more about the situation than we do. You say we have time, so I believe you, but how quickly do you think the king will send a new patrol after us?"

"I will say this isn't the first time someone wanted me dead this badly. It's just that they had maybe dozens and not thousands of people doing their bidding. And they were also other mercenaries, not vampires.The sooner we get to the archives, the better. This world is crazy enough as is without death looming over all of us." Glendwr looked at the wagon and saw the tracks in the road. "I hope the wind is in our favor that the dirt the wheels dug up is blown away by it. Otherwise, we'll be having company faster than we feared. I would do something, but this is Mother Nature we're talking about. Her boons aren't to be taken for granted, and her fury vicious. Let us hope breakfast was a gift, and not cause for her to be angered."

Was it the morning sun, or something else? Especially now that she was flushing, Almira looked a lot more full of life than she had last night. And of course, after she finished briefly addressing the matter of vampire digestion, the princess objected a little to the sort of coddling treatment Wilhelmina was giving her, asserting that her looks belied her age before throwing a bit of a not-quite-threat about being careful around a vampire's mouth.

Flinching back and nearly dropping her handkerchief, catching it after it had only fluttered down a little ways, Mina stammered mostly uselessly. "I wasn't, I mean, I just..." Yeah, that certainly soured the more upbeat mood a little. Scooting aside, putting some distance between them, she finished eating while Misea explained a bit more about their future lodgings. "Oh wonderful," she murmured light approval of the plan, before heading off to the river to freshen up a little, before returning to the wagon, where she found her nightgown, where Astrid had neatly laid it out. Smiling to herself, she tucked it away in her trunk, and rejoined the others by the fire, until everyone was ready to depart.

Edited by Balcerzak

Alex quietly observed as she chewed on her meal, glancing looks at Almira and the others as a brief back-and-forth happened. It was nice that Misea seemed intent in following them until lodging was settled, at least. Having a place to gather outside the town was a bit unpleasant, and suspicious. "As long as we get a night's rest, that'd be great..." Sleeping on the wagon or the ground really couldn't compare with a proper bed. I wouldn't mind a room for myself, if possible... That was a nice thought, but probably the most expensive option... Was that truly what Misea was implying? The vampires were probably getting a separate room for themselves, but the humans would likely share a room... well, they could divide it by men and women, at least. That wouldn't be too much to ask. Or maybe Alex was severely underestimating how much the vampires were willing to spend.

Lodging logistics were rather pointless this early, so Alex had to shove the useless thoughts to the back of her mind and continue biting. Getting herself up and nourished was more important, lest she sleep in the carriage again... So vampires don't need to eat, interesting... It was nice to just quiet down and listen to some chit-chat while eating, at least.

Ah, that had gotten their new arrival into a bit of a tizzy, snickering a bit at both that, as well as Mina's coddling of Almira, it seemed that her response had swiftly put the teacher on the back foot... likely still shaken from last night, sadly. She excused herself to freshen up after a short while, and likely regain her composure... as for the others...

"When they'll send another patrol after us depends on when the one that attacked us was meant to reconvene with the others. No one escaped, so they likely won't send anyone else this way until it becomes evident they aren't coming back... sadly we have no way to truly know when that is. My best guess would be that they convened either last night before sunrise, or will do so after the sun sets today." The Countess noted... there was the unspoken worry that, depending on mode of transport, the humans might be getting a rude awakening, but hopefully they understood that risk. Right about then, Mina had come back to the fire, looking considerably less shaken than before she had left.

"Welcome back to the world of the living, Mina dearest."

Lua had a small scare as Mina offered out her hand to Almira, but the young woman still seemed to come out of the exchange with all of her fingers attached. Maybe that one is just too tiny to get away with biting. she reasoned. I can't let my guard down on this. While she was glad to hear that the rooms they'd be staying in real rooms at the inn, she really hoped that the rooms came with locks. That'd make Lua feel a lot more secure... or at least a little. 

"Let's not think about all of the vampires coming to kill us for a little while, shall we?" she muttered, biting back another insult for Glendwr. Why do you even bring that up? Was he trying to make her worried, or did it just come naturally to the buffoon? Lua took another big bite out of her breakfast, trying to swallow her fear and to avoid thinking about how she regretted all of her decisions. Still, she fixed the man with a stern glare. You know, if the vampires have to get someone, I wouldn't mind it being him... 

"You worry far too much, Glendwr. As Astrid has put it, once they realize this one isn't returning, they'll send out another, but it won't come until night fall. Such a large group wouldn't dare to move out during the day, were they to be noticed by any town, village, or even passerby, it would halt them in their tracks until the problem was dealt with. I wouldn't expect another group to be sent out until night falls... And they wouldn't be able to make it to Rolan in such a time. It's getting close to summer, the days are longer and the nights shorter. We've made great time by dispatching the last of them. So I suppose I have Astrid to thank for all of that, taking care of their one runner."

Almira tried not to look too upset when Mina flinched away and got up, but it did bother her. She didn't want to bite anyone, why did they have to be afraid of her? These humans were so nice too, but you remind them of what you are, and suddenly... She tried to focus on her food instead, to ignore the feeling. Maybe shopping would fix things up, somewhat. She could apologize? Maybe. Maybe Mina just didn't want to think about fangs? Something like that...

As their wagon rolled down the road, across the river, and finally up to the town, Misea simply couldn't sit still. They were sure of their claims, that the king wouldn't send more men until the last were found dead, but something was bugging them. The worst part is that they couldn't put a finger on it, it was simply... Worrisome. Holding the thought, without shrugging it off, they approached the village gate, a guard approaching the wagon.

"Hail, travelers! Pardon, what's your business in Rolan? It's been a few nights since we've received such a large wagon..." In truth, he was a bit put off by Misea's cloak, though the presence of uncovered faces was calming.

"Just passing through, worry not. My group and I are making for the capitol, and a good night's rest at your inn sounded wonderful. I hope it's not any trouble, I didn't think a wagon of this size would cause issue."

"No, no, of course not... Er, just doing my job, every group gets asked the same thing. Feel free to head on in. The Half Calf is in the middle of town, and they should have a suitable spot for your wagon. Safe travels!"

"Why, thank you~" Misea managed a bit of a giggle, the guard smiling awkwardly back, as the wagon pulled on through.

"I suppose I should've expected to get stopped, but at least I didn't lie to him. All the best, we're here, now." Misea drove the horse through the town, some folk out and about for shopping or general days off. No one seemed to care for the wagon as it pulled through, far too common a thing for anyone to be bothered.

Settling it near the inn, Misea hopped off, looking about for a stable to properly park it near... They'd find one after room service, if they couldn't. "Alright, everyone off~ Welcome to Rolan, actual civilization before proper civilization. I'll be getting you all rooms at the inn, and you're free to do whatever you'd like while you're here. Spend the gold you've been given, explore and talk as much as you wish... And if you're back by nightfall, I'll assume you're staying with us the whole way. I doubt anyone would believe you were you to attempt to report us as vampires, but, I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt." Misea smiled through the group, bowing slightly. "Pardon me, then. I've arrangements to attend to... I assume you'll be fine with Mina, Almira?"

"Er, yes! We'll get some shopping done... I know what you like to wear."

"Thank you... Take care of her, Mina. And have fun~" Misea turned towards the Inn without another word, robe flowing gently behind them.

"H'okay...!" Almira hopped herself off the wagon, jumping in place for a moment, before looking over at Mina. "Where to first?"

After breakfast had finished, it was a continued wagon ride... thank the night for the wagon being covered, as it put another barrier between herself and the sun, until they had made it to the village of Rolan, that was. Loathe as she did to step out under the oppressive rays of the planet's foulest overbearing landlord, it might seem odd to simply sit in the wagon, and once they were inside, she could stow herself away within the inn, until the sun went down. That was when she could give this place a proper look over, after all. Stepping out after the driver, Astrid looked over the small group about to depart. 

"I suppose I will accompany Misea for now... there is little else for me to do until later on... do come fetch us if something becomes amiss." The Countess noted, before following Misea towards the inn.

Why wouldn't they believe us? Suspicious hooded figures? If Lua were to mention anything about their fangs, she was sure that someone would take her seriously. She'd be free of the vampire mess, 600 gold richer, and then... 600 gold poorer further down the line. She sighed. Why does the money have to mean so much? In spite of her mental complaints, Lua knew that selling out the vampires would probably hurt her in the long run. Oh - and there was the whole preventing the eternal night thing so that everyone didn't die horribly somewhere down the line to worry about as well. So... Ugh.

The positive side to the situation was that she had gold! Real, genuine gold, and that was a big step towards getting home. Of course, she was far from a port at this point, and she knew that this money needed to last her. She already had her weapons though, as another part of the payment, so she could afford to be a little less frugal. Thank goodness for that. Lua waited for Misea (with Astrid in tow) to take her leave, and then followed in the same direction with a bit of a distance. They were going to the same place, but that didn't mean that she wanted to talk to her employer at all if she could avoid it.

"Alright, we're here!" Alex was pretty content to be out of the wagon. No more sleeping on the road and waking up sore, they'd have beds tonight! First stretching her body some would do wonder after being sat down for so long. Next, tagging along with Almira and Mina! "Hmm, we still need to buy that horse, but it can wait until shopping for clothes is done." And then I can see if they have anybody that works on armor later... She moved over, stepping beside Almira, expression fairly cheery. "So what kinda clothes do you like, Almira?" It'd be nice to learn a bit more about who she's working for, at least.

'Welcome back to the world of the living'... was Astrid deliberately trying to draw attention to it? And after Wilhelmina had just finished collecting herself and brushing that off to the back of her mind. Why would she do that? Frowning ever so slightly, a titter of nervous laughter escaped her lips. "Of course. Thank you, Astrid..." Oh, should she have used a title? Tilting her head slightly as she pondered, it seemed it would be all right, and if it wasn't she would be corrected.

Then they'd all loaded up into the wagon and rumbled off along the road to the village a little further along their way; hopefully a nice spot for rest and relaxation, especially when compared to fending off hunters sent by the vampire king. They passed through the town gates without incident, and followed the guard's directions to a recommended inn. Mina couldn't help but smile a little as Misea gave somewhat of a lofty introduction to Rolan, as if she were a frequent visitor, and as if none of the rest of them had ever been. Well, for a few of their group, the foreigners particularly, that last may actually have been accurate. Then it was time to split up, with the teacher taking charge of the princess, accompanied by Seph and Alex. They were a decent-sized group, and ought to be able to handle all the business of clothes and horse shopping, or even any unsavory townsfolk, should they be accosted.

Where to first, was the question she was currently faced with, and the question that Alex was asking Almira might have been relevant if there'd been a lot of options to pick from, as far as shops went. If memory served, only one really specialized in clothing, though perhaps there might be a few items at the general store. Though perhaps the princess had been wondering if they were going looking for the horse first? If so, Wilhelmina agreed with the armored girl's judgement on priorities.

"Clothes first. There's a pretty good shop here in Rolan, though the name might throw you off at first. Don't ask me why they've got that 'no alterations' policy, you'd only think it would be better for business, but when you've got a nearly captive audience..." Mina shrugged. "Any way, it's off in that direction, so Alex, Seph, Mira, please follow me. And please, do feel free to chat along the way. I'm curious your response to her question as well."

Edited by Balcerzak

Seph hopped out of the wagon, loosening the scarf around his face slightly, taking a deep breath in. Time to play pack mule for the girls it seemed, a role that didn't overly bother him. It was better than just sitting in the inn twiddling his thumbs, and besides, it was always nice to see a new town, see if there was any interesting information to be found. Well, somewhat new. It had been a few years since he'd been to Rolan though he remembered the general locations of things.

The mention of the clothing store brought him back to the present and he nodded. "Store, right. I remember that place. Bought a new coat a while back. Obviously I don't have it anymore but still. It was a good one. We should be able to find some good looking clothes for you and the others." The story of what happened to the coat was a long enough one that he didn't feel the need to tell it now. It wasn't exactly relevant anyways, and Almira had been asked a question, so better to let her talk.

"Hmm..." Lua was coming into the inn? Likely not with them, or at least, Misea hoped. The girl had been rather belligerent, and Misea was unsure if their usual routine would work on her. "Always worth trying, I suppose..."

As Misea entered the Half Calf, the warm atmosphere brought back a lovely sense of nostalgia, as well as wonderful relief from the sun's harsh rays. Letting their hood down just a bit, Misea made their way towards the counter, smiling pleasantly at the barman. "And how are you today, Jackson? It's been a while." The bartender, who appeared gruff and imposing, softened greatly into a big smile upon realizing who was speaking to him.

"Misea! You're still alive, you dastard. It's been a good twenty years... And you haven't aged a day. I suppose that's just how things are for you, eh?"

"Hmhmhm. I won't age another day as long as my heart beats. It's nice to see that you remember me... I suppose your memory is simply that good."

"I do my best to never forget a patron, especially those as nice as you. Well, your needs aside, of course... Can't get all the way over that one, not gonna stick my neck out," he joked, quietly, but with a hefty scoff. "Still, what can I do for you? I didn't expect to see you so deep in Silnynon again... Is something happening?"

"... I'll say yes, but I can't give you more than that. What I need are rooms, nothing special. Seven should do. Do you have enough to spare?"

"Seven... I've got four open, right now. If there's more by tonight, I'll offer them, but I don't have any more."

"Hmm. Four is more than I was expecting, with such a grandiose demand... I suppose the humans in my care will have to deal with the restrictions. These are two bed rooms, at least, yes?"

"If they aren't, I can bring another bed in."

"Then that shall do... Will a good thousand cover things?"

"Yer way too generous, y'know that? Five hundred. Don't strain yourself. You were a big help before, anyway."

"And you call me generous... I'll be staying there until the sun goes down, then. Thank you again, Jackson."

"Don't forget your keys, old friend." Jackson held out the four, Misea taking them with a smile.

They turned to Astrid with business concluded, looking towards the stairs for a moment. "It seems you'll be staying with Almira and I, since we've so little room. That's not an issue, is it? Unless you can convince one of the humans to share a room with one of us..." It was doubtful, but Astrid did work... Quickly, so to speak.

"Huh? What kind of clothes do I like?" Almira followed along with her arms crossed in her little robe, hood down, unbothered by the sun of the day. "I... Don't know. Dad only gave me a few dresses to wear, and... We don't really, sweat or anything, so they don't get dirty often. So... I guess, I dunno! Dresses? I'd have to try stuff on... I know what Misea likes! He prefers more formal wear than anything, good fitting pants and dress shirts. Wearing that knight's attire must really be getting to him..." At least Almira knew what to look for in terms of her keeper, but that was about it. "What about the rest of you?"

So Misea knew the barkeep, did they? How interesting... something to look into, for certain~ When they returned, noting probably sleeping arrangements, Astrid tilted her head in amusement, a light laugh escaping her lips.

"Well, I do suppose we'll have to see... if they're out all day, I'll have precious little time~ Mmm, so then, what is our stoic knight's story in a place like this, hmm~?"

"Ahah... It's nothing grand. It was one of the few times I was away from Almira, over these past years. On request from the king, a proper dress for her, something unique. Rolan was the closest place outside of Gorletsia to perhaps contain something unique... Jackson was dealing with a rather huffy group of patrons, so I stepped in to stop them from trashing his bar. Of course, as soon as my hood came down, it spooked the lot of them. Yet, he didn't seem to mind. I haven't asked why, yet... Perhaps while we're here, I can sate my own curiosity. I didn't stay much longer, but he told me where to go to find something for our princess. I suppose I'm his only openly vampiric customer. Still surprised he remembered me, but it's good that he did. Now, come along. I'd like to get out of these robes, and relax until the sun is no longer an issue."

Glendwr departed the wagon and went to the notice board outside the tavern. "Hmm. It seems the bounties here are the same ones for Tarask. Maybe that's for the best. This isn't a job I can just supplement with another one. Still, there is one thing I have to tend to." He enters the tavern and talks to the barkeep, a man Misea identified as Jackson. How she knew him wasn't important, at least not right now. "Is there anything you need me to do? Or should I just stay nearby? I was meaning to get more brandy, anyway, after the campfire incident." Campfire incident. How in the hell was Glendwr going to spin this in front of a barkeep who's probably heard every misadventure there ever was? Misea probably wasn't going to wait around and clarify, or if she did, she would probably have said something even more to his detriment than he already said, so he would have to wait and see what Jackson had to say about it. Also, he wasn't sure if Jackson knew who he was or not. If he didn't, that wouldn't matter, but if he did, would he believe the lie, or woud he not?

Edited by Hylian Air Force

"Well, it would seem that you left quite the impression, no? A gallant knight swooping in to scatter a gang of ruffian hoodlums~ What a dashing picture you must have made~" Astrid replied gleefully, imagining the sight with a jovial smile on her face.

"It is quite good that he is accepting, at any rate. Lowers the chance of any sort of incident~ Well, of the violent sort, that is~" Astrid continued, grin widening. Misea inviting her to join them as they disrobed? Well, that certainly could invite incidents to a differing sort.

Seph glanced at Almira's outfit, honestly a rather simple one for a princess. A plain white dress wasn't what he would have expected, but he supposed it made sense for being on the run. He was distracted enough that he'd almost missed the way she referred to Misea. Him, huh? I guess that solves that at least. Good to know for moving forward. "Well, maybe we could try and find you something similar to what Misea likes for you to try on. Especially if you're going to be fighting with us, Astrid aside, dresses don't seem overly practical for swordplay, you know? Maybe you could find something you like that gives you a bit more freedom of movement. Though if you want to stay in a dress, I'm sure no one would try and force you otherwise." He'd realized halfway through that he maybe shouldn't be essentially telling her that she needed to change how she dressed, but he'd committed at that point. Well, hopefully she wouldn't get upset.

Wilhelmina nodded along as Almira explained. Dresses were good. Right and proper, and looked very nice, sharp and respectable. Her imagination took to working on the project at hand, and maybe it was due to that, or maybe she was just hearing whatever reinforced what she already believed, with her brain automatically correcting any details to the contrary. So Misea really has taken to men's styles, huh. A shame, I wonder what it would take to slip a dress on her...

Sephtis's interjection was worthwhile though. While traditional female garb may suit Mina just fine, what with magic not requiring quite the range of motion or dexterity that swordplay or other fighting would, perhaps it was worth considering some alternatives for Almira. Hybrids of course, she should still look her finest, even when compromising. Perhaps a set of culottes, for the lower garments. Blouses... should still be fine on top, no? Maaaaybe sleeveless, if that would help. Never having swung a sword, Wilhelmina couldn't be quite sure what was necessary and what wasn't. Or... oh... maybe detachable? If they were tied on with ribbon or lace or something, that could be exciting. Oh, how she was getting ahead of herself, fantasizing up outfits without even seeing what was currently in stock. She really ought to put on the brakes.

Almira's question was perhaps the best way to do so, actually. "What I've been wearing so far is more or less my par for the course. A rather sturdy, gabardine skirt--full-length of course--paired with either a cotton or linen blouse. I do have something a bit more formal, which I'll probably break out for a special occasion, as well as that comfortable nightgown you saw me lend to Astrid. Maybe some day, something more exotic will catch my eye, and more importantly not exhaust my wallet, but for now, simple yet effective has been the order of the day."

"Hmm," Mina paused for thought. Some decisions weren't fully conscious, just things that happened. This was true for clothing, as much as anything else. "I guess, outside of the neutrals, most of my color choices have tended to run the range of the red spectrum: from your rusts and burgundies to your plums and purples. Generally the darker shades, haven't been so much on pinks or other pastels. Maybe I should branch out though, sometime, try some blues or I dunno. What do you think would suit me?"

Edited by Balcerzak

"Oh, well that's just unfortunate. Hate spillin' my drinks. Fetch yerself a glass for a few gold, if yer wantin' one."

Misea paused to glance at Glendwr... What an odd man, he truly seemed on edge at all times. "I don't need anything, no... Do you, Jackson?"

"If I did, I'm sure you'd already be stoppin' it, Misea." He smirked, and they chuckled.

"Be at ease here, Glendwr. We're among friends. Now, Astrid, it truly wasn't a spectacle. Really, I was just... Oh, what's this?" Lua had come in, and sat herself down at one of the far tables... Poker? Ohohoho, what delicious fun~ "Astrid, we should go and watch this. I can only imagine the mayhem~"

"Freedom of movement... Maybe." Almira had never really wondered about this. Was freedom of movement all that important? She supposed for fighting, yes. It would definitely be necessary, but... What would give her that? Dresses were definitely not very free to move in, but were shorts or pants her thing? She pondered that as Mina pondered her own quandaries, eventually asking Almira a few more questions, and answering the princess' one. "Ohhh, I see. So you like to keep the top and bottom separate? Is there a benefit to that compared to just wearing a full length dress?" Ever curious, she felt it an important question... And what would match Mina? Huh...

"Mmmm... Red? A burgundy, maybe... It'd go nicely with your pretty hair. Something like that, I suppose. I don't really know how much of this stuff works... I just know we've got similar hair colors, so, we'd probably look good in the same sort of clothing. Right?"

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa