What skills from Heroes, if any, would you like to see in Three Houses

48 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Personally i think that the stance skills along with stuff like desperation and brash assault would make cool additions to a main line game

Stance skills would be really handy, and Desperation and Brash Assault can be put to good use. Oh, and Swift Sparrow would be absolutely awesome!

Edited by MetalAmethyst

IMO if Fury returns it should be more like Heroes'. Fates' measley +1 to each stat at the cost of health really wasn't worth it, even if the mainline games have more stats to distribute bonuses across

Heroes-style Breaker skills. Follow-up manipulation >>>>> gross Hit/Avoid manipulation.

Guidance would be a neat way to help infantry keep up with mounted units.

Close Counter and Distant Counter are mandatory on bosses.

Not necessarily a skill but I would like to see more skills locked to certain class types as in Heroes.

2 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

IMO if Fury returns it should be more like Heroes'. Fates' measley +1 to each stat at the cost of health really wasn't worth it, even if the mainline games have more stats to distribute bonuses across

When was Fury a skill in Fates?

13 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

When was Fury a skill in Fates?

It may have not been, but I recall a skill with a similar effect in Fates or Awakening

Edit: I read the wiki. Not sure what went wrong with my memory. The closest skills are All Stats +2, Defender, and Bloodthirst - none of which cause damage to the user.

Edited by Arcphoenix

It's not exactly a skill but related to them: the way Heroes handles activated skills like Sol, Aether and Luna with a countdown instead of random chance is my absolute favorite thing I would like to see moved to main games. And I guess skills like Heavy Blade could be implemented to go with that system.

Aside from that, I'm going to echo everything said here thus far.

I'm going to add something I really don't want to see though: the simple stat+ skills. Those always felt lazy to me.

I want to see Blade tomes and being able to run multiple Dancers/Singers. Ideally, I also want them to bring back Awakening's version of Rally Spectrum so Blade tomes can be buffed to ridiculous levels.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

I want to see Blade tomes and being able to run multiple Dancers/Singers. Ideally, I also want them to bring back Awakening's version of Rally Spectrum so Blade tomes can be buffed to ridiculous levels.

Blade Tomes with Awakening level rallies sound like they could be useful, especially considering rallies in Fates didn't help as much as temporary Stat Booster items, or taking another action like Heal or Attack. Though Bladetomes would have to be relatively mediocre at base so as to not be over powered. You could one shot people with certain specials so I think a slightly low accuracy or Hit rate would be balanced like 65-70%.

I'd like it if 100% HP Desperation were a skill because I think that's very useful for characters who just focus on their Spd more than any other stat. Brash Assault seems kinda overkill, and Quick Riposte isn't bad if it only works while at 100% HP, I think it could also make bosses who can counter at 1-2 range more difficult, especially with Vantage.

Fury would also be nice as a skill for Laguz-like units, especially if they're Lion or Tiger related classes, though I would make it +4/5 to each stat if it deducted 6 HP after each battle, I'd also change the HP loss by 5 HP instead of 6. Or maybe make the buffs greater and the HP loss greater so that their amazing stats and utility could be used a limited amount of times, and have to be positioned well.

I would love for Reposition or some more Stance Skills. Can be nice to have a weaker character get a kill than switch them out of danger.

I went to replay Fates and I was so used to Heroes that I let characters be in the danger zone to be positioned only to find out that positioning skills are not as plentiful as I thought they would be. So I think skills like Draw Back and Reposition would be a good addition to the game. I want Swap to come back as well.

the movement skills in particular are pretty awesome. idk how that would work with whole armies in the mix though. can't see reposition or smite working like that lol

On 18/06/2018 at 9:25 PM, XRay said:

That could make the bladetomes this game's "OP endgame weapon". Somewhat like the rextomes from FE10. I like it!

I think that skills with effects like Guidance would be cool. I'm not sure if I would want skills to interact too much with stats in the mainline games though. (As in a lot of debuffs and buffs being thrown around everywhere) 

5 minutes ago, AntasticTunes said:

I think that skills with effects like Guidance would be cool. I'm not sure if I would want skills to interact too much with stats in the mainline games though. (As in a lot of debuffs and buffs being thrown around everywhere) 

The only issue with Guidance is that they work because the maps in Heroes are so compact, transfer that to a full scale FE map and suddenly those skills aren't as viable.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The only issue with Guidance is that they work because the maps in Heroes are so compact, transfer that to a full scale FE map and suddenly those skills aren't as viable.

Yeah, that's definitely a fair point. I was thinking that perhaps the range could be increased so that the skill would still be viable on a large map. Or perhaps it could be used as a faster Rescue to ferry infantry units across uncrossable terrain. But then I'm not too sure if it would turn into a warp-fest that way haha.