GameXplain's Three Houses analysis

Since there's a lot we still don't know about the game, i figured out people would be interested in an analysis from a channel that's known for them.

He misidentified Claude a few times but other than that, i kinda have a better idea of what the game might be.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KONO DIO DA! 

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself :P: I really hope that's a location we can go to.

To be honest, I think gamexplain has lost it's touch a little bit :(:. Not counting the Claude thing which was something small (and the second time they misidentified I think they meant to say Dimitri), there are obvious clues in the trailer they missed or misinterpreted. Like for example, having no idea who the old man was fighting against when we see him attacking soldiers from the church, and also the surnames of both Dimitri and Claude already link them directly to the other two houses, so they can't belong to the same as Edelgarde's.

That being said, they are incredible when it comes to detailing gameplay! There are many interesting bits I didn't know. I so wish the troops do work like in Advance Wars and it can decrease or increase your prowess in battle, it would be awesome. Or I just miss AW that much :>_<:.

Thank you for posting the video!!

I think perhaps they have "lost their touch" with this video because Derrick is the only one putting in the work. Andre doesn't care about FE and to my knowledge, Ash doesn't either. Doubt that they would have much of anything to contribute to the analysis, whereas give them a Smash trailer and they all chip in.

I was glad to see that they brought up the troops possibly bolstering your units' strength. That was one thing that I actually took away from my initial exposure to the trailer.

Can't wait to get more details on the game. Our knowledge is so sparse right now.

I was waiting for their video on this, yay! Interesting, I don't remember some parts of this video from the trailer though... Maybe what the Americas were given included less? Either way, makes me more excited. ^^

Oh boy, are they going to steal translations from other people again?

Is there anything here worthwhile that Vincent's topics/analysis didn't already cover?

Even looking past them assuming Byleth is an avatar before it's been confirmed, how is that evidence of romance options? I wasn't all that impressed with this analysis, pretty much everything that was discussed had also been brought up before on this forum. I also haven't seen any mention of Claude not actually shooting an arrow against the robot monster thing in any youtube video, which is a bit surprising.

Agreed with everything but they misidentified with Claude and Dimitri.

@immatxit IS obvious it will don't get why that of all things trigger you especially with Avatars I noticed when someone mentions them. Even stated from the fact sheet that we'll get to interact with other characters and build relationships plus with past carnations this isn't a surprise thing and is popular.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

6 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Agreed with everything but they misidentified with Claude and Dimitri.

@immatxit IS obvious it will don't get why that of all things trigger you especially with Avatars I noticed. Even stated from the fact sheet that we'll interact with other characters and build relationships plus with past carnations this isn't a surprise thing.

It doesn't trigger me, it's just inaccurate to say that when it hasn't been confirmed yet. Interacting and building relationships could just be the return of gba support system. But regardless, he didn't use interact and build relationships line as his reasoning, it was specifically because of the return of an avatar character that in his mind confirmed the return of romance options.

Just now, immatx said:

it was specifically because of the return of an avatar character that in his mind confirmed the return of romance options.

That's been the case ever since Awakening and the one game since that didn't have an avatar (SoV) didn't have romance options. You can't blame him for making that assumption.

at 4:38, the sword is not the same as in the mural, the hilt is far more ornate in the cutscene, it could be the same weapon in lore, but I saw only color as their similarity.

at 6:10, no it is not almost certainly tiki, her clothes are completely different, and given the lore established in shadow dragon and awakening, tiki being here  is implausible, her hair is way more messy and curly and significantly longer (tiki's hair when up, only reaches about mid back, this girl's hair seems to hit closer to butt length), which doesn't help the argument, I just think that instantly going to "it may be tiki", is very lazy and ignores the major differences between the two, she looks more like nowi when you factor in her hair as well.

at 10:54, on the top left of the forcast I saw the symbol for vantage, so skills may be back.

at 13:45, that is a massive logic leap to instantly assume that the presence of an avatar means that romance is confirmed, even if it is there, it is, much like assuming our dragon girl is tiki, lazy to jump to such conclusions, off of what is very little information.

at 14:13, hilda has a unique sprite next to her portrait, so I don't think she is generic, also no mention of the sprites at all seems odd to me.

at 15:38, I have no clue where sacred stones came from, if someone can better explain this, I would appreciate that, because he didn't explain it and the fire emblem in the sacred was just the stone that held fomortiis' soul, not the stones themselves.

nothing worth commenting on after that, so my final thoughts. I really don't want to come across as a gatekeeper or anything, but he really doesn't sound like a fire emblem fan, he seems like he is getting some things very notably wrong and it just feels like he missed some details, I only just now noticed vantage showing up on the battle screen and missing that in your analysis seems like you are not the bets at this, a lot of the things noted feel like they were made easy for anyone who hasn't even played a fire emblem to digest. 

A true fire emblem fan would have instantly said it is literally the worst thing ever after just the map was shown

Edited by thecrimsonflash

9 minutes ago, immatx said:

It doesn't trigger me, it's just inaccurate to say that when it hasn't been confirmed yet. Interacting and building relationships could just be the return of gba support system. But regardless, he didn't use interact and build relationships line as his reasoning, it was specifically because of the return of an avatar character that in his mind confirmed the return of romance options.

It really doesn't S Ranks are a continuing thing now even in a spin-off game like heroes not only with other characters but with the player character as well you can think what you want. I doubt they'll drop anything that's popular and appealing to many so don't make this into a chain of back and forth as I said what I needed to and only wanted to say since mentioning this on any forum is sensitive to users and would cause arguments for some reason....

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

at 15:38, I have no clue where sacred stones came from, if someone can better explain this,

He's referring to how each country in Sacred Stones had a sacred stone and it seems each country in Three Houses has a crest. Pointing out a similarity.

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

but he really doesn't sound like a fire emblem fan, he seems like he is getting some things very notably wrong and it just feels like he missed some details

Yeah, he definitely got some things wrong but considering that he's played every officially released FE with the exception of Shadow Dragon, i'd definitely say he's a fan.

7 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

It really doesn't S Ranks are a continuing thing now even in a spin-off game like heroes not only with other characters but with the player character as well you can think what you want. I doubt they'll drop anything that's popular and appealing to many so don't make this into a chain of back and forth as I said what I needed to and only wanted to say since mentioning this on any forum is sensitive to users and would cause arguments for some reason....

It's not about the likelihood of them returning, its his reasoning that's the issue. If he had said 'with the likely return of a player avatar, we can comfortably assume that romance options will be returning as well' then that would be a fair and accurate statement to make.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He's referring to how each country in Sacred Stones had a sacred stone and it seems each country in Three Houses has a crest. Pointing out a similarity.

Yeah, he definitely got some things wrong but considering that he's played every officially released FE with the exception of Shadow Dragon, i'd definitely say he's a fan.

he seems to get the fire emblem of the sacred stones wrong, he talked about the crests and said that they reminded him of the fire emblem from the sacred stones, which was only one of the sacred stones.

He probably does have quite a bit on his plate normally, so I am unsurprised he got things wrong.

Oh yeah the "it could be Tiki" part felt off I doubt its connected to previous worlds since was stated on the fact sheet to be a completely different world (I obviously don't mind non-canon cameo fluff like Amiibos or some DLC maps though).

Erk...yeah, him thinking that's Tiki is pretty ridiculous, given that's a different hairstyle. And of course, he misidentified Claude and thinks avatar = romance.

Derrick needs a new analysis machine. :P

51 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

A true fire emblem fan would have instantly said it is literally the worst thing ever after just the map was shown

Wait what? Did I miss something? Am I not a true fan?

Sadly, I see the "That is Tiki" or "That is Nowi" post almost everywhere now a days. Really wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions. The idea of getting another green-haired dragon girl is hardly unusual. Fire Emblem likes to re-use tropes and homages, like with all the blue-hared lords.

I feel pretty sure that Mercedes and Hilda are just a work in progress and generics were used in their place for now. Game really looked incomplete, which probably contributed to it not appearing at Treehouse Live.

I'm a little surprised at how few people on Youtube are noticing that the enemy general guy seems to be using the same sword the woman is holding, as they have the same hilt. Really, I'm surprised how little people seem to make that observation.

Edited by Sentinel07

12 minutes ago, immatx said:

Wait what? Did I miss something? Am I not a true fan?

No. You are not a true fan. Now turn in your fan card.

If it helps you feel better, I'm not a true fan either.

22 minutes ago, Johnnie said:

No. You are not a true fan. Now turn in your fan card.

If it helps you feel better, I'm not a true fan either.

even I wouldn't fall under that, I went from unsure to, ok with the trailer, it took me a good 8 - 10 watches to hit that point.

The only assertion that bothered me was the art style being "akin to Shadows of Valentia". Huhhh? I'm not even someone who was against this art direction that much (at least not the 2D assets), but it definitely doesn't look like SoV.

The squads doing a debuff to other squads à la Advance Wars is an interesting theory. Though that still doesn't explain why we see mostly commander vs. commander combat in the rest of the trailer. Is the "Formation" command like an alternate attack command that causes debuffs instead of damage? Can the formation attack only be activated at certain times? There's a lot that doesn't square yet until IS actually explains this game.

1 hour ago, immatx said:

It's not about the likelihood of them returning, its his reasoning that's the issue. If he had said 'with the likely return of a player avatar, we can comfortably assume that romance options will be returning as well' then that would be a fair and accurate statement to make.

I agree. Also because I have this little candle of hope for base conversations (the way they were in New Mystery) instead of support conversations... of course not exactly the same but an improved version, with all that marriage stuff and A+ or whatever :>_<:. Base conversations as in New Mystery were just so much easier...

40 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sadly, I see the "That is Tiki" or "That is Nowi" post almost everywhere now a days. Really wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions. The idea of getting another green-haired dragon girl is hardly unusual. Fire Emblem likes to re-use tropes and homages, like with all the blue-hared lords.

I feel pretty sure that Mercedes and Hilda are just a work in progress and generics were used in their place for now. Game really looked incomplete, which probably contributed to it not appearing at Treehouse Live.

I'm a little surprised at how few people on Youtube are noticing that the enemy general guy seems to be using the same sword the woman is holding, as they have the same hilt. Really, I'm surprised how little people seem to make that observation.

Haha, don't worry, people did noticed! I know I did, but many others did too, and it's even mentioned on the analysis Vincent posted :D:

~9:01: Pretty sure the alleged thief is wielding a lance. Not 100%, but I'm seeing something at high quality.

~10:30: Edelgard goes from 71 hit to 67 against an unit that's faster than her(thus has AS). So the opposite of what was said is true, that screen implies that the weapon triangle is not back, or at least not at low weapon skill levels perhaps?

~12:30: The enemy would have to counterattack before Dimitri gets a second hit in, so the movement we see can't be him attacking again.

~13:35: That's clearly not Claude.

Wasn't mindblowing and a few gratuitous assumptions here and there, but it'll inform many more people than most of us(even Vincent probably) could, so it's more than good enough.

Edited by Cysx

It was a good analysis, ignoring the Claude mishaps.

The main thing I learned from the video was the queen having dirt on her while holding the sword. Well, it is obvious at a glance but I didn't consider the implications. So it's likely her after the battle and after she's obtained the sword from the old guy.

I feel like the video could've been 50% longer, but presumably they are busy covering the other games from E3.