Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm the kind of guy that can eat nothing but cheese pizza for dinner for months straight. I get sick of washing the pizza wheels (I have two) long before I get sick of eating the pizza. (I don't believe in dishwashers.)

This might partly explain how you can sink so much into FEH. But to each their own, provided it is legal, and not totally detrimental to society as a whole. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This might partly explain how you can sink so much into FEH. But to each their own, provided it is legal, and not totally detrimental to society as a whole. 

My expenditures on Heroes are only about half of my after-tax income, assuming I stay on budget.

11 hours ago, Lushen said:

Well you never know.

The reason I want part 2 is because I feel totally gyped out of 2 sacred stones summer units. Now that would be fine if they just decided to do 2 from each game but instead they choose 2 more awakening units. So the image as far as I can tell is that fates/awakening is worth 6 units but ss is only worth 2. I thought we were past this with IS.  I don't need perfect representation, but at least give me a full ss banner not a half a one...

I have only played Awakening, Fates and Echoes but I can relate to your concerns based on my own experiences with franchises outside of FE. Even I wouldn't mind alts of other characters outside the 3DS games even if it's only just so I can not be tempted to waste orbs on a potential new shiny alt of a character I might want.

I like Cordelia and would have liked to pull for her summer alt but I have decided to skip her banner because she just had her bridal rerun not that long ago plus I already know other units I want like Owain, Kliff and CYL2 Celica are most likely coming out some time later this year and I want to save as many orbs as possible for them.

Even if we don't get Summer Ephraim and Eirika I'm sure there will be more alts of them down the line because surely IS recognize both of them as popular characters like how they realize Lyn is a very popular character.

Edited by NSSKG151
better spelling

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I know people have many questions about Noire's shooting art. But after last year's debacle, I'm just happy they put the bowstring in her hand. Summer archers are just going to be weird, best get used to it.

I still can't believe that happened, but at least they went back and tried to fix it. Meanwhile, Rebecca..

Spoiler

526px-Full_Attack_Rebecca_Wildflower.png

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Meanwhile, Rebecca..

That's almost certainly to prevent the bowstring from obscuring parts of her face, similar to whem prison bars or chain-link fences are made semi-transparent when over a character's face or the arm on a pair of glasses is made transparent where it overlaps the eye when seen from the side.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's almost certainly to prevent the bowstring from obscuring parts of her face, similar to whem prison bars or chain-link fences are made semi-transparent when over a character's face or the arm on a pair of glasses is made transparent where it overlaps the eye when seen from the side.

If that was really the reasoning than I'd disagree with it. A bit of barely-obstructing string over part of her face would be preferable to no bow string at all. Or just change the stance a bit so it's not an issue.

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

A bit of barely-obstructing string over part of her face

Straight through the center of her face. Furthermore, because it's a thick line (a line of beige outlined by black), it breaks the contour of her face. I would assume that the artist actually tried putting the bowstring into the art (which is easy to do now in the age of computer graphics) and consciously decided against doing so.

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Or just change the stance a bit so it's not an issue.

How? The draw length of a bow of that size goes right past the mouth, exactly where it is in her art.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Straight through the center of her face. Furthermore, because it's a thick line (a line of beige outlined by black), it breaks the contour of her face. I would assume that the artist actually tried putting the bowstring into the art (which is easy to do now in the age of computer graphics) and consciously decided against doing so.

I still say keeping it would probably look just fine, compared to making the string absent.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

How? The draw length of a bow of that size goes right past the mouth, exactly where it is in her art.

They could still change the pose or angle a bit to make it not pass right between our view of her the middle of her face.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I still say keeping it would probably look just fine, compared to making the string absent.

Roy's art does semi-transparency for the string over his eye, but that works because it's a single line and not an extended object. Virion's art makes the string fully transparent over his head and looks terrible.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

They could still change the pose or angle a bit to make it not pass right between our view of her the middle of her face.

Turning her clockwise (when viewed from above) would move the string even farther onto her face, and the next thing on her face is her left eye. Turning her counterclockwise turns her face even farther from the viewer and also turns the line of fire away from the viewer.

Poses for the upper body for archery are pretty much fixed unless you're doing something dumb like Niles is doing. No wonder his Atk is so horrible. The more I look at his art, the worse it gets.

My summary of the banner: Surprisingly good!

Last years summer banner was hard for me, I spend so many orbs, got many unwanted pity breakers and only one -ATK Corrin in the end. This year my wanted red unit took long to arrive as well, but at least nearly all pity breaker were new units: 

• Zeglius (new, +ATK/-DEF)
  • Leo (new, 2 copies in one session, +RES/-HP, +SPD/-RES)
  • Karla (new, +SPD/-RES perfect!)
  • SA!Cordelia (new, +ATK/-RES perfect!)
  • Lucina (new, +DEF/-RES)
  • Sigurd (not new, +DEF/-SPD bleh!)
  • SA!Tana (new, +RES/-ATK ouch)

In the end I spend all orbs we could earn since the banner started 2 weeks ago for Tana (except two sessions on Hectors banner), I think I can consider myself lucky on the orb/5* ratio and also with two perfect natures among them.