Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

I'm pretty sure it's Ephraim, Innes isn't popular and Sigurd's not as popular as Ephraim. Popularity isn't the only factor (Kagero and Catria aren't all that popular but they still got an alt) but female characters seem to get preference for appealing to the general Heroes audience.

As for the female... I really doubt it's Gunnthra. She hasn't got her hat which is definitely more trademark than the veil. I thought it was Tana before the comparison pic, but that picture does reaffirms my suspicion.

I think a Magvel Summer banner seems pretty likely. Assuming it's Ephraim and Tana, their siblings could be potential options although I think a safe assumption that it'll be the popular characters from those games (Eirika, Joshua, Amelia, Marisa, Lute, Cormag)

Edited by SlipperySlippy

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult call, but I'm almost convinced that the guy on the right is actually Ephraim.

The girl on the left is more difficult. I would be surprised if you guys are right again and it is actually Tana. And what is she actually holding in her hand??

mmmh, this is though

the guy on the right reminds me of either eliwood, ephraim or sigurd, but i'm not sure at all

i mean, eliwood's hair is more straight, ephraim's one's shorter, and sigurd...i just don't know

the girl on the left is almost unrecognizable, to me

Edited by Yexin

The one on the rigt looks a awfully lot like Frederick but since that's very unlikely, I'm guessing it might be Stahl. As for the left, it's probably Gunnthra or Azura. If it is Gunnthra, I predict she might bring along either Anna or Fjorm too.

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I kind of don't want it to be Ephraim, but if the CYL alt is the last one we'll ever see of him then I'll let it pass

46 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Shouldn't CYL2 be coming out relatively soon? Pretty annoying if Ephraim got a seasonal alt so soon before his Brave version.

This is only speculation, but I imagine that these seasonals were long planned before the CYL results even occurred. I mean, how much backlash and fan feedback did it take for us to finally move away from Awakening and Fates seasonals? We had to wait until Valentines this year. This "Magvel Summer" (if it does end up being the case) was planned months in advance. Whether that was before CYL2 or not... I can't say, but I imagine so. 

With that said, if it is Ephraim I'm pretty sure it's going to be his last one.  Not nearly as bad as Chrom, Lyn and Azura over-exposure though. 

When I first saw it, my first thought was Sigurd. It looks a lot like his hair, to me.

I can see Innes, too, but I'm not sure on Ephraim. I guess, since his hair is looking a bit wild, that it could be, but I'm still leaning more towards Sigurd. It might just be that I'd love to see a Jugdral seasonal, though.

If it is Ephraim, he'd have had a Seasonal, CYL, Legendary and normal, so that's fine to me. I wouldn't want to see him get anymore. I would rather it not be him just yet, though.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Shouldn't CYL2 be coming out relatively soon? Pretty annoying if Ephraim got a seasonal alt so soon before his Brave version.

It’s not really IS’s fault. According to Ray Chase, Alfonse and Roy’s voice actor, they record the voice lines five months in advance to the banner’s release date. The character choices for this banner where likely decided just before the CYL2.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Both of them are Lucina. There is no way I can be wrong.

Off-season Bride Lucina carrying a deflated companion cube on the left. Short-haired muscular Lucina on the right. There is no way I can be wrong.

Bride Lucina on the left, Masked Marth on the right.

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Oh...The only response I can think of is "That's fucked up".

Thanks for explaining it. 

I agree, that is a messed up joke. :/ Feels like someone who hates Tana did it rather than someone who just wanted to be funny.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, that is a messed up joke. :/ Feels like someone who hates Tana did it rather than someone who just wanted to be funny.

Tbf I don't think so. When you don't have a disgusting heart Not unlike myself  you don't understand those jokes. It comes down to your sense of humor. Personally I find this hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So, uh, this was posted on the subreddit. Wasn't convinced it was real until the full gallery was shown.

Hide contents

Honestly... They are good choices for Special units! I like this type of banners where they have random choices. I am surprised to see Noire!

Oh gosh i thought i was safe

Spoiler

but if they randomly include Noire... wish she would be a normal unit though

also i hope its wrong just so there would be more gender balance

Edited by mcsilas

...But where's the veil on this supposed Tana? It just disappeared here.

Pretty bad and very random choices though imo. Does Noire have any popularity at all?

Cordelia's already gotten a seasonal.

I've never heard of Innes or Tana being popular either.

No Ephraim despite having Sacred Stones characters.

Also, more boring Awakening seasonals. Very meh.

Saving my orbs if this is indeed real. And SO disappointing.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So, uh, this was posted on the subreddit. Wasn't convinced it was real until the full gallery was shown.

Reveal hidden contents

With this leaks... maybe the trailer will be released early... like the last time.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hide contents

NOIREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! that's it I'm summoning for only for her. I'm surprised that she's in the banner.

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hide contents

I wanna know how someone got this. XD If it ISN'T real...it definitely looks really convincing. XD 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...But where's the veil on this supposed Tana? It just disappeared here.

Pretty bad and very random choices though imo. Does Noire have any popularity at all?

Cordelia's already gotten a seasonal.

I've never heard of Innes or Tana being popular either.

Also, more boring Awakening seasonals. Very meh.

Saving my orbs if this is indeed real. And SO disappointing.

wSOsH7k.jpg

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

With this leaks... maybe the trailer will be released early... like the last time.

It wouldn't be early at this point though?

Edited by Anacybele

I really hope that isn't real. While Innes looks cool, I don't want to have a third seasonal banner in a row of three girls to one guy. It's getting freaking ridiculous >.<

And yes, I know, women make more money, but the game is making a lot of money and guys will still make money. It doesn't stop me getting irate about it.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I really hope that isn't real. While Innes looks cool, I don't want to have a third seasonal banner in a row of three girls to one guy. It's getting freaking ridiculous >.<

And yes, I know, women make more money, but the game is making a lot of money and guys will still make money. It doesn't stop me getting irate about it.

Also, I agree with this.

So sick of so many females. I'm not into them nearly as much as I am the guys (and this isn't even because I'm a woman, I just generally find the guys to be better written characters and more often better designed too).

Just now, Michelaar said:

That 'veil' is a towel.

Oh.

Well, whatever, not like I care since I don't want any of these characters.

I shouldn't be surprised though, IS seems to always do weird choices in banners lately. It's making me lose interest in the game too.