Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It wouldn't be early at this point though?

EDIT: Um, okay? What's your point?

I think the point was what we thought was a veil is actually a towel...which kind of makes sense and fitting for summer now that I think about it

I thought there would be a beach ball somewhere though@Cute Chao 

Spoiler

Yeah the balance is a bit disappointing, but at least his design looks nice. Also another male flier- more wyverns are nice and is an okay substitute until Cormag drops I guess

Now that I think about it, as much as I want Noire in Heroes...I prefer a normal Noire and not like this. Pose especially looks awkward. Still keen to hear her special lines at least.

Cordelia is...okay. Like the art, but give other characters a chance. Design looks neat at least.

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh.

Well, whatever, not like I care since I don't want any of these characters.

I shouldn't be surprised though, IS seems to always do weird choices in banners lately. It's making me lose interest in the game too.

How exactly are these weird choices?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I think the point was what we thought was a veil is actually a towel...which kind of makes sense and fitting for summer now that I think about it

I thought there would be a beach ball somewhere though

@Cute Chao Yeah the balance is a bit disappointing, but at least his design looks nice. Also another male flier- more wyverns are nice and is an okay substitute until Cormag drops I guess

Now that I think about it, as much as I want Noire in Heroes...I prefer a normal Noire and not like this. Pose especially looks awkward. Still keen to hear her special lines at least.

Cordelia is...okay. Like the art, but give other characters a chance. Design looks neat at least.

Could be Caeldori? xD

But yeah, Innes looks good, although it looks likely he's an axe flier. Fingers crossed for a tome at least. I'm just getting so sick of seasonals being so onesided -.-

It could have been Innes and Cormag, with Tana and another SS person >.<

Yay for the people who wanted the rest, though. I wish them luck with their pulls despite my own disappointment.

Might want to spoiler tag the leaks discussion, guys.  Particularly if you’re mentioning who it is.

Anyway

Well, this is an interesting assortment of units.  I probably won’t pull much due to saving for a FE6 banner or VRoy on a legendary banner, but Innes and Tana are nice, Noire is okay (and joins Charlotte and Shigure in the alt before reality club), don’t care for Cordelia/Caeldori

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Could be Caeldori? xD

But yeah, Innes looks good, although it looks likely he's an axe flier. Fingers crossed for a tome at least. I'm just getting so sick of seasonals being so onesided -.-

It could have been Innes and Cormag, with Tana and another SS person >.<

Yay for the people who wanted the rest, though. I wish them luck with their pulls despite my own disappointment.

Orb saving works for me though. I guess it depends on the skills. And this one is a month long I think?

Gotta wait for the other special banner...hopefully a full month of special banners doesn't mean there's now new GHB though :(

Urgh, just realised the female flier has a tome while the male flier is yet another axe flier. Why couldn't they at least have given him a tome, too, and finally given us some variation >.<

Passing on all the females like usual. Will still go for the guy. At least I can hopefully save orbs *sigh*

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

How exactly are these weird choices?

I already explained. They're generally not popular characters. Cordelia is the only one here who is. There's a lack of Ephraim (and Eirika for that matter) despite it featuring the game he's from even though he's very popular. Cordelia already got a seasonal, so she's a boring repeat. And two characters are from Awakening which I'm certain a lot of people don't want more of at this point. Especially in a summer banner which it already had one completely to itself!

It'd be a little less weird if more than just Cordelia here was popular, at least.

Also, I would've expected Ike or Soren seasonals before any of these. But as I said, I shouldn't be surprised because IS does weird choices a lot lately. *cough* Bride Sanaki*cough*

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already explained. They're generally not popular characters. Cordelia is the only one here who is. There's a lack of Ephraim (and Eirika for that matter) despite it featuring the game he's from even though he's very popular. Cordelia already got a seasonal, so she's a boring repeat. And two characters are from Awakening which I'm certain a lot of people don't want more of at this point.

It'd be a little less weird if more than just Cordelia here was popular, at least.

Also, I would've expected Ike or Soren seasonals before any of these. But as I said, I shouldn't be surprised because IS does weird choices a lot lately. *cough* Bride Sanaki*cough*

All of these characters are definitly popular, I'm not sure what you are going on. And if the characters are 'popular' is not the only thing IS is going on. Try not to be too salty.

@Diovani Bressan Caeldori has the exact same head accesory.

Edited by Michelaar

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I want to know how these characters  can make axes from random things! A stick with a watermelon, a sack of gifts, a bell and now a flag... HOW "LILITH FLOATIE" IS CONSIDERED A AXE?!

Well a hammer is an "axe" in the FE universe so basically any blunt impact weapon counts as an axe (unless it's a staff). Lilith Floatie makes sense in this context. A flag probably makes more sense as a lance though since you'd primarily thrust with it.

Personally I want the fliers. Red flier mage is a gap in my barracks especially, and Innes would save me from promoting Camilla as third choice axe flier. Horse lancer is eh, unless her stats are amazing. Foot archer is likely a hard pass unless she powercreeps Bridelia.

@Glaceon Mage I put the initial reveal in spoilers but some kind moderator has now tagged the thread as spoilers so I'm assuming is open season now.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

All of these characters are definitly popular, I'm not sure what you are going on. And if the characters are 'popular' is not the only thing IS is going on. Try not to be too salty.

They are not popular. The only popular Awakening kids are Inigo, Severa, Owain, and maybe female Morgan. Nobody really talks about Noire except to bash her mother for child abuse.

I'm aware of that. Frederick isn't popular, yet he got a seasonal. But the other three characters in his banner at least were to some degree. Gaius, Tiki, and female Robin are liked a lot.

Where is the popularity for Innes or Tana? I don't remember ever seeing them very high on CYL.

But then again, Sanaki wasn't either, and there were several Tellius females more popular than her.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They are not popular. The only popular Awakening kids are Inigo, Severa, Owain, and maybe female Morgan. Nobody really talks about Noire except to bash her mother for child abuse.

I'm aware of that. Frederick isn't popular, yet he got a seasonal. But the other three characters in his banner at least were to some degree. Gaius, Tiki, and female Robin are liked a lot.

Where is the popularity for Innes or Tana? I don't remember ever seeing them very high on CYL.

But then again, Sanaki wasn't either, and there were several Tellius females more popular than her.

CYL isn't the only thing to go on. I have seen tons of love for Noire on several occasions, both here and on discord. Heroes made Innes and Tana a lot more popular. Especially since they are such good units. Rest assured that every one of these units are popular. If we only got popular characters seasonal banners would grow stale quick. And exactly, so I don't think popularity is anything to go on by who gets on these seasonal banners.

Noire, something wrong is going on with your spine. Terribly wrong. It must hurt.
At the very least, it physically hurts me to look at her attacking art. Spines don’t work that way.

Also, yet another axe unit is seasonal. Bravo, Intsys, keep doing what you are doing, you idiots.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

CYL isn't the only thing to go on. I have seen tons of love for Noire on several occasions, both here and on discord. Heroes made Innes and Tana a lot more popular. Especially since they are such good units. Rest assured that every one of these units are popular. If we only got popular characters seasonal banners would grow stale quick. And exactly, so I don't think popularity is anything to go on by who gets on these seasonal banners.

Heroes made Innes and Tana more popular how? And Innes is a terrible unit lol. He's so squishy and extremely easy to kill. Tana is good though. Haven't used her in forever, but still.

Except seasonal banners exist to make money because they're never added to the regular pool. And what makes the most money? Popular/well liked characters. Sure, it's fine if one character on the banner isn't so popular, maybe even two. But three (relatively) unpopular characters?

SF and Discord are like...probably a tiny percent of the fandom. CYL is better to go off of.

Actually, if Tana is a red tome flier...then I might need that niche. Maybe she'd be faster than Nowitch...at least I like Tana's design better.

At last the art looks very colourful overall, judging by the banner image.

I wonder who would be a good first male mage flier? Should've been Leo

Well, now I am very happy I decided to spend my orbs on the fangs banner rather than waiting for this because I don't care about any of these characters (although I don't particularly hate any of them either).

Anyway, is it just me or does Innes have a very strange hair colour in that picture? At first glance I thought it was Eldigan or Ares and had to look up what others were saying.

Oh yeah, someone is probably getting fired, because there's no way anyone leaked these without having or being an inside source. There's been no update to datamine...

When IS uses popular characters, like Camilla, Lucina, Ike or Lyn, people say "that's is the same thing over and over", but when IS decides to make something different, people say "they are not popular enough to get a alt."

I don't understand it...

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't understand it...

It’s almost like these are the opinions of different groups of people.
It’s almost like the fandom and the playerbase aren’t monolythic.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heroes made Innes and Tana more popular how? And Innes is a terrible unit lol. He's so squishy and extremely easy to kill.

I think Innes is kind of a fabulous unit. Just because a unit has one bad stat doesn't mean the rest suck. Mages have a lot of trouble scratching him.

That aside, I feel like Heroes has brought a lot of publicity to Sacred Stones...which is like the red-headed step child of FE. Stand alone game. Universe that isn't connected to the others. Beyond the twins, IS doesn't usually acknowledge it. But I feel like Heroes has treated all of the characters really well with either good art or great stats or by just making them OP in general. There are a few exceptions. Seth kind of got the short end of the stick, but nothing's perfect. 

I feel like it's perfectly reasonable to see them here. 

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think Innes is kind of a fabulous unit. Just because a unit has one bad stat doesn't mean the rest suck. Mages have a lot of trouble scratching him.

That aside, I feel like Heroes has brought a lot of publicity to Sacred Stones...which is like the red-headed step child of FE. Stand alone game. Universe that isn't connected to the others. Beyond the twins, IS doesn't usually acknowledge it. But I feel like Heroes has treated all of the characters really well with either good art or great stats or by just making them OP in general. There are a few exceptions. Seth kind of got the short end of the stick, but nothing's perfect. 

I feel like it's perfectly reasonable to see them here. 

You know a Summer Seth would've been nice. Maybe replacing Cordelia, so he can actually have a lance.

But yeah it's nice they put the spotlight on the other SS characters. I haven't played it but I really like the supporting cast much more and like their designs more than the main twin duo.