Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

I'm debating on making him a dark flier in my next Fates playthrough. 

I made Odin a dark flier in one of my Rev playthroughs. So he can have Galeforce AND be the Dark Flier he couldn't be in Awakening.

@Anacybele To be fair, the AI is pretty bad at keeping units adjacent with each other to utilise Owl tomes/Nidhogg effectively. Not anyone's fault really- it's god you can kill him before he does any damage to your team at least :)

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Sent in feedback specifically asking for flying male mages. Here's to hoping we'll see one around Christmas.

I've been sending feedback since Shigure, but the more the merrier :) We need more variety in male fliers overall!

I'm curious about the skills. The weapons I know of, but curious as to what they'll do to make you spend your money for. New feints perhaps? Or the blow equivalent of breaths?

@Ice Dragon Watch there be atk/res bond again in the seasonal exclusive pool

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

To be fair, the AI is pretty bad at keeping units adjacent with each other to utilise Owl tomes/Nidhogg effectively. Not anyone's fault really- it's god you can kill him before he does any damage to your team at least :)

True, yeah. And, well, I tend to like physical tanks and RD Ike, so I typically throw one of them out there to take care of him when I can. :P Also, his Def is so low that sometimes I can just send someone in to one-shot him right away without having to tank.

If Cordelia's skills are good enough, I might try a bit for her. I do need more Hone Fliers. I only consistently use one Hone Fliers unit in Witch Nowi. I have regular Hinoka, but I use her Kinshi riding self and Clair more often now.

Edited by Anacybele

I just realized that the wyvern Innes is actually a really clever reference to Sacred Stones. The wyvern is white and seems to be in the Wyvern Knight’s design, and if you promote Tana to Wyvern Knight, her wyvern has the same color and design as the one Innes is riding on this banner. In other words Innes is using Tana’s wyvern. That’s a really cool reference.

Edited by Water Mage

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Noire's is really bad for example, which is a shame since I like Noire. Although I prefer Noire in normal clothes anyway, since her personality doesn't seem like the beach type.

Norie is anemic far from being a healthy person, even other characters call her weak and frail. She's far from a beach person. She almost passed out from steam in the Hot Spring Scramble dlc.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Norie is anemic far from being a healthy person, even other characters call her weak and frail. She's far from a beach person. She almost passed out from steam in the Hot Spring Scramble dlc.

That's not the problem with her art. Her attacking art looks like her spine is breaking. :/

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But Tana is actually decently designed, and yes, I am looking at her full art leaked earlier in the thread. The only detail that looks eh to me is the suit somehow showing her navel.
Sadly, I don’t see how it looks like a lifted-up skirt. Then again, it might just be me. Eye of the beholder and all that.
Again, how? Same pointed chin, same wide eyes, same cheerful expression. How is she looking more mature?
De gustibus non disputandum est, I guess. Bodysuits look much more modest and reserved than open bikinis to me.

latest?cb=20120825014322$

(...Size disparity is weird)

It's... possibly the shading. I always thought it was the mouth. Either way, it's not really 'questionable' like Elincia or outright terrible like Clair, but I don't really like it.

And it doesn't really help my already low opinion of the summer pool when Tana's abs and navel are visible through her clothes. Hopefully, I'll get Elincia or Clair from a Tellius/Valentia holiday set that isn't summer, because I don't see Tana getting another alt, especially when people actually seem to lap up Summer designs.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

especially when people actually seem to lap up Summer designs

How dare they. Tsk tsk.

And now we are about to dig into discussion of the artwork again (with the words like “terrible” starting to fly around; I do like Clair’s Heroes art, even though I don’t like Elincia’s), so I bow out.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Why do they keep doing a 3:1 girl to guy ratio for seasonals?

They're beginning to move away from exclusively fateswakening banners but they're afraid that older games won't sell so they're adding more girls in an attempt to balance that out. 

I'm a little upset that no one's wearing sunglasses on this banner, since I wanted that as an accessory. Hopefully the next banner has them

Edited by UNLEASH IT

25 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Innes on the other hand, has great Res, similar offensive spread and great Legendary Weapon. Not only Innes is great offensively, he also also works really well as an anti-mage units and Cancel Affinity means he doesn’t fear Raven Tomes. Plus his bow has an Owl effect meaning you can make him even tankier and stronger. And the only thing Brave Lyn has that he doesn’t is a horse and Sacae’s Blessing, otherwise their stat spreads are really similar.

Also, his Def problem can be fixed with Distant Def SS and a Bond Skill (which works pretty well with his bow).

15 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yeah exactly, so it's a bit strange character-wise to be in a swim suit. 

Anyway, I think I like Cordelia's swimsuit the best here. Looks a bit sporty but also girly with the frills. She has really good art, and the red really fits her. The clam cloth thing on her hand is interesting at least.

Also @Vaximillian now that I think about it, besides her pose, I think it could also be how the belly part of Tana's swimsuit is white/too similar to her skin when seen from afar? So maybe to some people it creates an unfortunate illusion.

Also I like Clair's art as well, it's unique, but then I saw Hidari's Clair art from Echoes which has a gentler look so I prefer that nowadays. But stylistic choices and all that, I still like her Heroes art on it's own. 

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

They're beginning to move away from exclusively fateswakening banners but they're afraid that older games won't sell so they're adding more girls in an attempt to balance that out. 

Whilst you're right that they're using a 3-1 ratio to earn more profit, it's definitely not because they're using characters from older games. Let's not pretend Kagero, Noire, Innes or even Tana are popular characters here. If they were worried about representing older games would hurt their profit margin, they most definitely wouldn't be choosing Tana and Innes as the Magvel reps. They're redundancy in choosing Cordelia (and Tharja the previous banner) are attempts to milk the Awakening crowd (which likely has the largest "whale" territory). Ironically, polls indicate Cordelia seems to be one of the least popular choices out of the new units. But that might be due to her being an uninspired cavaliar.

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

Whilst you're right that they're using a 3-1 ratio to earn more profit, it's definitely not because they're using characters from older games. Let's not pretend Kagero, Noire, Innes or even Tana are popular characters here. If they were worried about representing older games would hurt their profit margin, they most definitely wouldn't be choosing Tana and Innes as the Magvel reps. They're redundancy in choosing Cordelia (and Tharja the previous banner) are attempts to milk the Awakening crowd (which likely has the largest "whale" territory). Ironically, polls indicate Cordelia seems to be one of the least popular choices out of the new units. But that might be due to her being an uninspired cavaliar.

Doesn't matter if they're popular or not, they're female characters. (Except Innes)

Also where are his nipples?

All the characters are fine and all, but has anyone else questioned why Cordelia is wearing high heels on a beach?

I still really like her artwork though especially considering her normal artwork.

Edited by Lightchao42

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

All the characters are fine and all, but has anyone else questioned why Cordelia is wearing high heels on a beach?

Excusable by the fact that she rides a horse. The horse making it onto the beach is another conundrum whatsoever.

So, the leaks happened.

Spoiler

First off, nice to see Magvel units not named Eirika or Ephraim. Second, Noire joins the list of units with their alt first, while Cordeila Emblem is 1 unit away.

So Tana's a red flying mage with guidance on her weapon. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Dangit she'll probably be great on her stats too. Innes is also flying on a wyvern with a beach flag that gives him +2 to all when he initiates the fight. Again, if his stats are great this will hurt.

Cordelia and Noire have similar weapons, though I wonder why Noire is colourless and Cordelia being blue is a shame.

Either way, if their stats are great Innes and Tana will torture me.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ask Tiki that

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Cordelia's skills are good enough, I might try a bit for her. I do need more Hone Fliers. I only consistently use one Hone Fliers unit in Witch Nowi. I have regular Hinoka, but I use her Kinshi riding self and Clair more often now.

Cordelia/Caeldori is a cavalry unit so you're not getting hone fliers on her.

Innes and Tana are great picks, to get prominent FE8 characters without overloading Eirika and Ephraim on alts. Definitely pulling for Tana.

I don't like duplicate seasonals, so I'm hoping that's Caeldori rather than Cordelia.

Noire's art is bad.

Continuing the 3:1 ratio is disappointing. They tried gender balance for most of the first year, so I guess they found it wasn't profitable enough.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I don't like duplicate seasonals, so I'm hoping that's Caeldori rather than Cordelia.

It’s definitely not Caeldori. Caeldori wears a winged headband, whereas Cordelia wears wing hairclips.