Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Kinda related.  I posted this on reddit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWgB_JHDsFgZqnVum1K08cHaX6Xt5aZ8bX18SEflERK5XQaA/viewform

Basically I'm looking to see if people actually seem to prefer females to males and awakening/fates units to classical units.  Obviously reddit is not indicative of the larger community but if, as I suspect, it is an even split then that does tell you something.  Especially considering the people who are most likely to spend (at least in the west) are probably active within the community.

If I could put what I feel in word form, early on I didn't mind the number of females being seasonal, since the game was young enough, as was my playing ability, that it could be forgiven. I was also very biased for the Halloween and Christmas banners, because I already quite like both holidays and they both also had very intriguing units (Robin in Christmas since he was "ready" for a whole year before he was available) or just units I really liked (even if I only sniped for ToD!Nowi for a whole freaking month, I still wanted all of the ToD units). But now that the game is a year and 4 months old, I feel like we don't need even more fanservicy females when even most of the new normal units are kinda fanservicy (Thunder Thighs).

Also, maybe I just missed it, but I think you forgot the Performing Arts banner in that. I don't know for sure, I can't check it again.

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

Happy to finally be getting Noire although I would have much rathered have her as a normal unit but at least we are getting her at all. Now all I really want is Flora.

How do you think Flora will be stat-wise?

Still not believeing this is true until official video.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...But where's the veil on this supposed Tana? It just disappeared here.

Pretty bad and very random choices though imo. Does Noire have any popularity at all?

Cordelia's already gotten a seasonal.

I've never heard of Innes or Tana being popular either.

No Ephraim despite having Sacred Stones characters.

Also, more boring Awakening seasonals. Very meh.

Saving my orbs if this is indeed real. And SO disappointing.

Excuse us who like Innes.

If Frederick was able to have a summer unit, before Lon'qu who was higher up in the popularity poll for Awakening, what is the problem with Innes? Ephraim already have 2 alts (Legendary and his future Brave).

What is poor with Tana and Innes, 2 of the important characters from Sacred Stones?

Edited by SniperGYS

FUCK. ME. UP.

Or my orbs rather, because I'm dead this summer. Cordelia I NEED, Noire is amazing to finally get in the game and Tana looks damn good too. Followed by the high-ish possibility of a Camilla on the second Summer banner, this is gonna be a wallet killer of a summer isn't it.

6 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Excuse us who like Innes.

If Frederick was able to have a summer unit, before Lon'qu who was higher up in the popularity poll for Awakening, what is the problem with Innes? Ephraim already have 2 alts (Legendary and his future Brave).

What is poor with Tana and Innes, 2 of the important characters from Sacred Stones?

What? Where did I insult any Innes fans in that post?

I said before that Frederick was also accompanied by three fairly popular characters. Only one character has any popularity this time.

I never said that Tana or Innes were bad characters or anything of the sort. I'm not really into Innes, but I don't hate him. I kind of like Tana, but I would've rather seen Seth or Ephraim get a seasonal.

Ephraim has only one alt right now. His second is still on the way. And he doesn't have a seasonal.

Also, out of the numerous summer units we've gotten in this game so far, I'm just disappointed that I've only cared about a grand total of one of them. ...Well, I guess I kind of care about female Robin too, but... Frederick is the only one I actually REALLY like.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I totally called it being Tana and Innes.

I have...mixed feelings. Noire is one of my favorite second-gen Awakening characters, but I'm wary of her getting in as a seasonal before getting in on the regular summoning pool. I like Tana and Innes and I might try to get them, and I'm disappointed Cordelia was chosen over other characters.

Also, I love how much attention Lyn has gotten. 

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Kinda related.  I posted this on reddit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWgB_JHDsFgZqnVum1K08cHaX6Xt5aZ8bX18SEflERK5XQaA/viewform

Basically I'm looking to see if people actually seem to prefer females to males and awakening/fates units to classical units.  Obviously reddit is not indicative of the larger community but if, as I suspect, it is an even split then that does tell you something.  Especially considering the people who are most likely to spend (at least in the west) are probably active within the community.

I am curious to see where this goes actually, though I fear it may be a bit skewed, the christmas units all introduced really good new skills which were game changers for armors, this meant that all of them were desirable to some degree, and the vast number of seasonals were from fateswakening, this already increases the likelihood that a person will pick a fateswakening character at some point, and finally, some games didn't have seasonals until very recently, so this also skews the poll out of the favor of those who want to see more telius for example.

I personally love seasonals but it makes me sad that I will probably never see my favorite characters officially in beach attire or in a cute halloween costume purely because they are not fateswakening. Then again, I doubt we will ever even get a seasonal Ike, so this is a phantom pain that all telius fans can share, unless you like sanaki, she always gets front billing for some reason.

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

unless you like sanaki, she always gets front billing for some reason.

Little-known fact: As Empress of Begnion, Sanaki actually owns Nintendo's parent company.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? Where did I insult any Innes fans in that post?

I said before that Frederick was also accompanied by three fairly popular characters. Only one character has any popularity this time.

I never said that Tana or Innes were bad characters or anything of the sort. I'm not really into Innes, but I don't hate him. I kind of like Tana, but I would've rather seen Seth or Ephraim get a seasonal.

Ephraim has only one alt right now. His second is still on the way. And he doesn't have a seasonal.

Also, out of the numerous summer units we've gotten in this game so far, I'm just disappointed that I've only cared about a grand total of one of them. ...Well, I guess I kind of care about female Robin too, but... Frederick is the only one I actually REALLY like.

it's kind of because you literally keep talking about how characters you want not getting alts and overreacting with behavior that can easily be taken the wrong way.

It's a gacha game, getting limited/high rarity characters is essentially something where you get blessed by the RNG. There are people who don't really care for Frederick (like me), but don't complain about getting limited alts for characters. 

Hopefully, more male characters will be in the summer banner in July! Also, a seasonal female/male free character could appear from Grand Conquest or a possible TT next month.

But honestly, although the banner so far received lukewarm responses, the units received great artwork besides Noire (only due to anatomy), sadly. 

R.I.P my orb count and the legendary banner. Innes and Tana on fliers is just perfect, fliers are my favourite movement class and I've always loved the Frelian siblings. Cordi also looks really good so depending on the second banner I might go for her too.

Im starting to feel like the only one that isnt bothered by noires pose, is one pose really enough to hate on a characters looks in its entirety?

@Anacybele There has already been a good deal of hate towards Ike, if you remember "Hero Rises" event.  Admittedly it is my most bitter memory with the game, firstly I have regular Ike+1 with Ideal IVs.  Secondly Legendary Ike was the least creative alt ever, basically just a better version of regular Ike with 4CD Aether.  Thirdly, we could have had Winter Tharja.  Instead of another infantry sword which is a near copy of an existing infantry sword we could have had the only red armor mage in the game.  The best red tome user in the game.  On top of being one of the best fodder units in the game (Vengeful Fighter 3, Close Counter, Red Tome Valor 3, Candelbra).  Certainly I like Ike way more as a character in general, talking main series and such, but we were talking about the only red mage armor in the game a wholly unique unit vs an infantry sword.  Also a unit with much less availability, she will be split focus in this month legendary banner with 2 other units, other than that have to wait for Christmas.  

On the leaked units themselves.

-Even if ridiculous boob butt jut pose is very doable, it makes no sense combat wise and just is to blatantly show off Noire's assets.  No bow user is twisting like that (or lance user, Catria).  

-Noire, didn't know people dug her so much.  She was one of the more interesting children in Awakening, but never came off as the summer type.  Considering her shy nature she wouldn't go to the beach in a string bikini, nor does she seem like someone who would enjoy the beach in general.  Anyways she might be our 2nd bow armor.    

-Tana.  Yeah the apparent star of the banner with PRF weapon.  Already said I thought it would be great if she ended up being in it.  Her guidance to all units is like the greatest mobility skill ever.  This is better than flier guidance or guidance.  This can guide cavs, armors, fliers, infantry, everything!  Great for tactics teams or any team composition.  Seeing as I have no red tome flier, this looks like a must have for me.  

-Innes.  I have quite a few axe fliers.  So will have to see what his skills and such are, however probably not something I will go for.  Even though I like Sacred stones.  

-Cordelia.  This should have been Caeldori.  I mean yeah looks exactly like Cordelia but would be nice to debut her and you can put her in the bikini or whatever just the same.  Same waifu appeal, but new character.  Cav horse, don't need those too much personally.  

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

There has already been a good deal of hate towards Ike, if you remember "Hero Rises" event.  Admittedly it is my most bitter memory with the game, firstly I have regular Ike+1 with Ideal IVs.  Secondly Legendary Ike was the least creative alt ever, basically just a better version of regular Ike with 4CD Aether.  Thirdly, we could have had Winter Tharja.  Instead of another infantry sword which is a near copy of an existing infantry sword we could have had the only red armor mage in the game.  The best red tome user in the game.  On top of being one of the best fodder units in the game (Vengeful Fighter 3, Close Counter, Red Tome Valor 3, Candelbra).  Certainly I like Ike way more as a character in general, talking main series and such, but we were talking about the only red mage armor in the game a wholly unique unit vs an infantry sword.  Also a unit with much less availability, she will be split focus in this month legendary banner with 2 other units, other than that have to wait for Christmas.

Yeah, but he hasn't gotten as much as Lyn has for having five versions and on average, a new version every three months. Ike at least didn't have this happen to him.

I wasn't expecting Sacred Stones this banner, but I'm glad, even if it's not my favorite game in the series (or my favorite characters in the game). It's always nice to see representation from older games.

I'm not extremely enthused about the banner in general, but I don't have a Tana yet, and I might try for Noire too... I guess the smart thing to do would be to wait and see what the next seasonal banner is before spending too many orbs, but we'll see how that goes.

(I'm also surprised to learn I can manage a pose like Noire's without much discomfort, despite being about as athletic as a Twinkie. I guess it's just easier for some people than others.)

15 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im starting to feel like the only one that isnt bothered by noires pose, is one pose really enough to hate on a characters looks in its entirety?

I think it's weird, but I'm used to stuff even worse that this (at least Noire's is technically possible, specially because Noire body structure make it easier to do it; and well, she isn't exactly a sane person).

Also, I kind of like the pose because the game rarely has good reasons to portrait butts (I love them); the only exceptions I remember are Catria's normal art and Tiki's damage art

Edited by Troykv

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

-Even if ridiculous boob butt jut pose is very doable, it makes no sense combat wise and just is to blatantly show off Noire's assets.  No bow user is twisting like that (or lance user, Catria).  

If you need to move one way, then shoot another way, that's how you do it. Literally just like the soccer/football player posted earlier.

15 minutes ago, Thany said:

This is just on par for the course with both the game and the reactions. Characters have weird poses and completely inappropriate battle gear in this very fan service-heavy game. Amelia has noodle arms, ridiculously heavy-looking armor, and a tennis skirt. When she's injured, she turns around to stick out her butt at the enemy.

12 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

-Even if ridiculous boob butt jut pose is very doable, it makes no sense combat wise

Know what also doesn't make sense combat-wise?

Going to battle in a bikini.

Edited by Thane

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I can do that pose without hurting myself, someone more flexible than me can do it more easily.

Actually, one of the stretches I do when I actually do exercise involves twisting about that far (probably why I can do the pose in the first place). You sit with one leg out straight and the other knee up. Take the elbow of the side with the knee up and put it on the inside of the knee that is up and use that to help force the twist to happen at the waist (instead of the shoulders and neck) as you put your other hand down behind you and twist to look backwards. Repeat for the other direction.

Note, I didn't say that simply occupying the pose was damaging to her spine. I've tried some of these poses too, and, while the contortions are uncomfortable, a lot of them can be reached.

However, keep in mind that this is an attacking pose, so she's likely to have reached this position from a quick ballistic motion. That's quite different from stretching into the position, and the quick violent motion into such an awkward position is much more likely to tear or pull something. Furthermore, she's using a bow, and the back muscles needed to pull a drawstring are in a terrible position. I tried something similar with a resistance tube instead of a bow, it definitely felt like an easy way to hurt oneself. To exacerbate it, the twist in her body is more heavily exaggerated than other T&A poses the game has incorporated. It's a ridiculous pose, and it seems not unreasonable to think she could easily hurt herself from trying to attack in such a position.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure that's a kite. Bow flier Noire confirmed.

She's a kite, she can kite the enemy!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It would be one thing if it was just their alts so far, but Ephraim also has a CYL alt on the way. So he'd end up with 4 total variations after that, more than even Ike.

Even with Ephraim getting a CYL alt, I think that it would still be okay. Lyn had 4 variants prior to Legendary Lyn, and it was fine. As for Ike, him not having 4 variations doesn't really seem like a sturdy argument for why Ephraim shouldn't get another one. Chrom has 4 variants, and I haven't really seen too many people complain about that. It does mean that they should probably get on with adding an Ike seasonal though. Summer Ike would be pretty cool.

Although, yeah, it might be cutting it kind of close for Ephraim's CYL appearance, since that'll likely be at the end of August/start of September again. Of course, that's not an argument for why Eirika can't appear on a seasonal banner; it's not like they need to appear together.

In the meantime, can we get a Summer Lyn? I think that would make people very, very happy....!

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

With my amazing powers of future sight, I have an inkling as to what Noire and Cordelia will discuss in their pre/post-battle dialogue.

Oh... I see now. Considering both of their characters I can guess how that would go. Assuming I've guessed what you're thinking correctly.

Spoiler

Bust sizes.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

Know what also doesn't make sense combat-wise?

Going to battle in a bikini.

Unless you're talking the Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 DLC Bikini Armor, reduces elemental damage by like half and on a panda/brown bear/tiger/wolf with additional sources of resistance will make them next to immune to them, while bodyguarding everyone else on the team.

For the banner, will never pull as said before. But Innes is nice and yay Magvel- you get to be degraded in fanservice fun, representation for all!

Noire- well it's safe in being Awakening, but at least it is a character not in the game normally yet. Cordelia is just a 100% conservative move on IS's part, although they do have that decently known unmarried Cordelia-Chrom talk in olde Summer Scramble to fall back on.