Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What is Noire doing in Fire Emblem Heroes when she should be on the cover of a video game with that pose?

So any guesses as to how we acquired this artwork? 

From what I saw on reddit, a Taiwanese site accidentally put it up and later took it down.

thanks, Taiwan

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So before I say anything else:

On 6/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, Tybrosion said:

Though I have a sinking feeling that a bikini Cordelia is going to force me to care and cause me another year's worth of sadness after I inevitably fail to pull her.

Exhibit Z of why I really need to keep my damn mouth shut. Anyways.

Welp, so much for putting in my pre-order for Smash Ultimate this Friday. Selling out for the sake of my Awakening waifu again is clearly my better option. That, and I 'd very much want to have all the pieces I'd need for a potential full Cordelia Emblem team. Innes and Tana are great to see as well given that I massively prefer them over the blunder twins of Renais. Noire...is cool I guess though she's my lowest priority out of this bunch. 

41 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im starting to feel like the only one that isnt bothered by noires pose, is one pose really enough to hate on a characters looks in its entirety?

I thought I would point out that, though I criticized the pose, I otherwise think the art for her looks great. It's certainly not something that ruins the portrait for me, although I can understand it if it does for some people. Sometimes the criticism in these types of threads can drown out appreciation for the good aspects of the art.

I will probably pull here. I should probably wait for the legendary reveal though, but the next summer banner will probably be 2 Fates and 2 [insert name here] units so not that big of a deal. Pretty much any of the girls would be okay. Tana should complete my range of flying mages though.

16 minutes ago, Astellius said:

However, keep in mind that this is an attacking pose,

This is also an attacking pose:

4 hours ago, NoblePink said:

2018-06-18T181144Z_110020494_RC1FC4197370_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-WORLDCUP-TUN-ENG.jpg.7d05024fbf625efd4a6e28acb4bfa676.jpg

18 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Furthermore, she's using a bow, and the back muscles needed to pull a drawstring are in a terrible position.

The muscles needed to draw the bow are the ones for the arm that holds the arrow, and that's the side that isn't under stress by the rotation of the waist.

25 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

From what I saw on reddit, a Taiwanese site accidentally put it up and later took it down.

thanks, Taiwan

So that's how it happened. Kind of funny. Still, I wonder if someone is getting fired, as I had said before, just not from IS like I initially thought.

Mmm... I want Noire and Tana. 

I’ll say the best thing about this banner is that it’s four units that cover all colors. So if you go with a “Hope I pull any of these” mentality, this is a great banner to pull from. 

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you need to move one way, then shoot another way, that's how you do it. Literally just like the soccer/football player posted earlier.

That is very practical for soccer, but not for drawing a bow.  It requires arm muscles, back muscles, chest muscles, shoulder, and stability.  It isn't at all reasonable to move in one direction twist hard and the other way and be able to aim and shoot a bow.   Even in modern times one wants a bow with 40-50 pound draw to hunt, in middle ages that figure was much higher for most bows used in war.  

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but he hasn't gotten as much as Lyn has for having five versions and on average, a new version every three months. Ike at least didn't have this happen to him.

Between Lyn 3 and Lyn 4 was a huge gap. Anyways to the original comment, I don't think a seasonal Ike would offend anyone particularly if he wasn't infantry.  

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So that's how it happened. Kind of funny. Still, I wonder if someone is getting fired, as I had said before, just not from IS like I initially thought.

Because a whole group of people were likely responsible rather than a specific individual, I’m guessing a severe fine or the like is more plausible. 

Anyways, this banner is okay. I like how the swimsuits have variety rather than all of them being two-pieces. I’m going to wait before I try to summon anyone (probably Tana and Noire).

38 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

All I have to do is remember all the garbage I've gotten by paying, and how I've tended to mostly get what I want f2p.

Same. I get shit on almost every time I try buying orbs. It's almost never gotten me anything good. I don't know if 200 will be enough to get Cordelia, though.. And I want Noire and Tana too, but Cordelia's top priority. Then we have the second banner in just 2 weeks, oh man..

At least nobody is sharing a color, so thank God for that.

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

That is very practical for soccer, but not for drawing a bow.  It requires arm muscles, back muscles, chest muscles, shoulder, and stability.

The back muscles being strained by the twisting of the trunk are on the opposite side of the body as the ones that need to be flexed to draw a bow in that pose.

Stability is also completely unnecessary for shooting a bow. Shooting from horseback is possible and viable, and Nasu no Yoichi is said to have shot a fan off the top of a ship's mast while riding a horse in the water during the Battle of Yashima in The Tale of the Heike.

17 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

for most bows used in war.

A bow with a coconut instead of an arrowhead. Mhm.

Assuming IS sticks to the model of the first year of Heroes for seasonals, this banner probably has Blazing characters. The guy on the right reminds me of Pent or Eliwood. The problem with each of these is that Pent's hair is longer and Eliwood's hair isn't that messy, even if it's damaged art, which the torn cloth leads me to believe

EDIT: Just saw some of the comments around page 2-5. Another mixed banner. Wasn't expecting another so soon

Edited by Arcphoenix

The weapons, if inheritable. Are not much of a reason to roll on this banner. Swimsuits make me not want to use these characters.

Just waiting to see if there's anything good to inherit from these characters, but so far it seems this banner is very skipable.

43 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

If Noire IS our second bow armor, that'd be pretty neat. Her bow is pretty large in her artwork, similar to how Jakob's is.

Don't really see that happening tbh. Unlike the other seasonal Armors, Noire doesn't really wear anything that shouts "this is really slowing me down", like Jakob's ball and chain or Henry's coffin or Tharja's massive-

ANYWAYS I just don't see it happening.

Edited by Xenomata

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The back muscles being strained by the twisting of the trunk are on the opposite side of the body as the ones that need to be flexed to draw a bow in that pose.

Stability is also completely unnecessary for shooting a bow. Shooting from horseback is possible and viable, and Nasu no Yoichi is said to have shot a fan off the top of a ship's mast while riding a horse in the water during the Battle of Yashima in The Tale of the Heike.

A bow with a coconut instead of an arrowhead. Mhm.

Have you ever shot a bow?  Stability is important, not just for balance but also for accurate aim.  Even on horseback one can clutch/straddle the horse as they push their body upright and then fire the bow.  

What the fuck I wake up and see leaks

If this banner is legit then I'm going for Innes and Tana. If their regular versions refuse to show up for me, then I better get their freaking seasonal versions. Also, three girls one guy. Fuck off.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

What the fuck I wake up and see leaks

Reveal hidden contents

If this banner is legit then I'm going for Innes and Tana. If their regular versions refuse to show up for me, then I better get their freaking seasonal versions.

My exact problem. I've tried every banner that featured them yet they don't wanna come home ;-; The desire sensor is crazy strong sometimes.

wasnt much interested in the first place .Not because i dont like the characters, but i only pull on special banners if its a very usefull unit: example Axezura, or they have unique and powerfull Skill inheritance options. Need to see what new skills they bring to the table.

I really want Innes, but I'm trying so hard to save these orbs. I might just wait until the final day of the banner to pull.

A minor, really insignificant complaint: why is our latest dude wyvern rider a seasonal that doesn't canonically ride a wyvern? yes im salty haar, ashnard and heath are still not in the game yet so what

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Don't really see that happening tbh. Unlike the other seasonal Armors, Noire doesn't really wear anything that shouts "this is really slowing me down", like Jakob's ball and chain or Henry's coffin or Tharja's massive-

ANYWAYS I just don't see it happening.

It's a coconut bow. Obviously it's her ammo weighing her down.