Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

Innes? I knew it.  Ppl were saying Ephraim, but I felt the hair was off and it was too soon after his Legendary Heroes appearance.  SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY.

I just got Innes on the last Legendary Heroes banner through my alternate account, so here's hoping I can get the seasonal version of him on my main account, if possible.  I spent like 30 orbs pulling for Jaffar with, alas, no luck.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Have you ever shot a bow?  Stability is important, not just for balance but also for accurate aim.  Even on horseback one can clutch/straddle the horse as they push their body upright and then fire the bow.  

I did archery all through high school. Very little is actually needed for sufficiently accurate aim at a range of 40 feet (the length of my parents' backyard along the shorter direction). It can be assumed that the target is relatively close and closing distance because she is moving instead of standing still, thus necessitating shooting while moving.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

It's a coconut bow. Obviously it's her ammo weighing her down.

Heh heh, her "coconut ammo" ahem.

That's part of the bow, not really the armor. Weapons these days don't seem to actually have any effect on the units movement or stats. Back in the day maybe, when the Heavy Spear was weighing Florina, Est, and Oboro down for instance, but not really anymore.

I've been starting to think up team compositions for all of them. Just going to wait for their base skillsets so I can start making build blueprints for all of them.

Edited by Frosty

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Heh heh, her "coconut ammo" ahem.

That's part of the bow, not really the armor. Weapons these days don't seem to actually have any effect on the units movement or stats. Back in the day maybe, when the Heavy Spear was weighing Florina, Est, and Oboro down for instance, but not really anymore.

That wasn't my angle XD

Maybe she's suffering drag from her leg-chute?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The hair clip is Cordelia's.

Thank you for that.

I'm a bit bummed by Noire receiving a seasonal first as I'm now afraid many (all?) of her lines will have something to do with the beach or something. She was one of the characters I was most interested to see interpreted in Heroes.

I'm sure they'll still do something with her split personality but it may be lessened because of her nature as a seasonal and since she's an archer as well on this banner, I'm not expecting regular Noire anytime soon after this.

We don't get new archers often but I'm really starting to wonder if Colored bows are going to be strictly Legendary Hero territory. I certainly expect the first unit of those types to all be legendaries or seasonals. But after Lyn I think the gates should have been opened for more green archers.

9 minutes ago, Reese Balaski said:

But I seriously need to know how and why Noire is standing like that to shoot an arrow.

What even is that.

I can at least help you on the why: I’m pretty sure the artist prioritized getting her butt in clear view over considering whether a pose like that is even possible when shooting a bow. That, or they were required to show her butt, practicality and comfort be damned.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I can at least help you on the why: I’m pretty sure the artist prioritized getting her butt in clear view over considering whether a pose like that is even possible when shooting a bow. That, or they were required to show her butt, practicality and comfort be damned.

Gotta get the ol' chest and butt pose, even when it looks physically impossible, I guess.

Poor Noire. Her spine must be out of wack.

8 minutes ago, Reese Balaski said:

Gotta get the ol' chest and butt pose, even when it looks physically impossible, I guess.

Poor Noire. Her spine must be out of wack.

We've argued this to death already. I can do that pose and shoot a bow while doing it, and a person more flexible than me can do it more comfortably than me.

If someone's running at you and closing quickly and all you have is a joke weapon, you don't have time to stand still and shoot with proper posture. You run and turn to shoot and hope to the gods and demons that a coconut connects.

I mean to be fair to noire you are still more likely to hit someone in that pose than if you try to shoot them while doing a loop the loop on a giant chicken 

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We've argued this to death already.

Death is not permanent in FEH, you chose the wrong game to argue in.

Also, would you like cup of coconut water? Maybe Marth can cut you a slice of coconut cake? You sound tense.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Last thing I expected to see in this thread was Dele Alli. He actually did pick up a minor injury in the match, hopefully not because of that twisting. :P

Perhaps this is not the right topic to bring this up, but I'm starting to get the feeling that color bows were made either just for legendary heroes or to make Lyn more "special" and have a complete spectrum.

Although, I am glad that Noire's colorless so we do have a full color spectrum of all the characters. Knowing my luck, though, I'll get no green orbs, no Tana on the red, and get pity-broken by an errant Cordelia or Noire. (I have nothing against them, by the way, I just don't want either before Innes and Tana.)

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I mean this is the real reason.  We could argue forever about if a girl of Noire's stature has the strength to be able to pull a middle ages or renaissance bow meant to kill people and possibly pierce light armor while twisting her body like that and able to aim and balance.  However why does Catria twist like that while sitting on a pegasus?  It is the same thing, they want to show in a flat drawing the nice tush and rack of the hot girl.

An earlier thing that was mentioned in this thread, 3 girls and 1 guy?  It is the same reason we have so many alts, $$$.  Besides majority male playerbase, the majority of big spenders are likely people who waifu hunt.  Why was Camilla on the Hoshiden banner?  You see that rack?  Why was Tharja in a bikini as an armor, why has she been so prettied up in Heroes?  Well lot of guys are into yandere I guess.  I know there are plenty of guys that will spend hundreds, thousands to +10 their 5 star seasonal waifu.  However how many women would go that far for a guy in a gacha game?  

I am for 50/50 split, I am also for no non seasonal alts, but this isn't about being fair.  It is what brings in the most dough.  I expect 3 girls, 1 guy for the 2nd banner.  Maybe even 4 girls, I wouldn't be surprised.  

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Perhaps this is not the right topic to bring this up, but I'm starting to get the feeling that color bows were made either just for legendary heroes or to make Lyn more "special" and have a complete spectrum.

I think it's been somewhat implied that colored bows are intended to represent "magic" bows and not be something that they hand out to everyone and everything.

But that doesn't stop wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

However why does Catria twist like that while sitting on a pegasus?

Catria is sitting on a pegasus in her idle art as much as Brave Lyn is sitting on a horse in her attacking art.

All characters are on foot in their artwork.

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Well lot of guys are into yandere I guess.

Tharja isn't yandere.

If Tharja were yandere, it would have been an immediate game over in Awakening the moment Robin had an S-rank support with anyone other than her with her recruited.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it's been somewhat implied that colored bows are intended to represent "magic" bows and not be something that they hand out to everyone and everything.

But that doesn't stop wishful thinking.

The problem with that logic is mostly that if colored bows are "now" going to represent magic then we've fucked over Fujin Yumi and original Mulagir for certain, and quite possibly Skadi and Parthia. Fujin Yumi is the "wind god bow", and (unlike Lyn) Takumi canonically wields it in his own game and has just as much right to be green. Mulagir is just Mulagir. Skadi has a case to be a red bow because it's a bow corrupted by dark magic, and while my lore on Archanea is a bit shaky wasn't Parthia supposed to be a bow of flame, giving it a good case to be red?

Not to mention that Lyn being a green bow instead of the normal colorless bows makes two green wind heroes, whereas if she'd just been colorless there wouldn't be that color overlap. I'm just not sure color bows were a good addition.

8 hours ago, Troykv said:

How do you think Flora will be stat-wise?

I honestly have no idea, I am terrible at guessing and analyzing stats. Hopefully a bit better than Felicia, I have an okay build and have seen others with builds that seem good but for the most part she does not seem to be one of the more powerful units in the game.

42 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

An earlier thing that was mentioned in this thread, 3 girls and 1 guy?  It is the same reason we have so many alts, $$$.  Besides majority male playerbase, the majority of big spenders are likely people who waifu hunt.  Why was Camilla on the Hoshiden banner?  You see that rack?  Why was Tharja in a bikini as an armor, why has she been so prettied up in Heroes?  Well lot of guys are into yandere I guessI know there are plenty of guys that will spend hundreds, thousands to +10 their 5 star seasonal waifu.  However how many women would go that far for a guy in a gacha game?  

I am for 50/50 split, I am also for no non seasonal alts, but this isn't about being fair.  It is what brings in the most dough.  I expect 3 girls, 1 guy for the 2nd banner.  Maybe even 4 girls, I wouldn't be surprised.  

Tharja is a stalker, and potentially (if S-ranked) an abusive wife and mother.  How sexy. 

Given the great success of otome games, it seems that many women spend money outright on the desired man's route.  If FE ever made an otome genre spinoff...hell would break loose in several different ways.  Gacha games are too risky to spend IRL money on, IMO.  BUT DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HUSBANDO PASSION.  I WILL FIGHT THE BREIDABLIK WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT AND...the few F2P orbs I managed to scavenge.

At any rate, you're completely right about the current setup bringing in the most money.  I thought the seasonal summer banners were going to be re-runs of last year's summer heroes, kind of like how they re-ran the bridal banner in the spring.  Seems like they're going to be 2 new banners though :O

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Skadi has a case to be a red bow because it's a bow corrupted by dark magic, and while my lore on Archanea is a bit shaky wasn't Parthia supposed to be a bow of flame, giving it a good case to be red?

I think in FE1 and/or FE3 Parthia's battle animations had it create flames with each hit it landed. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be associated with fire in terms of lore though.

Though come to think of it, my first statement might be why Jeorge has Blazing Flame as his Special.