Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

Wow, nobody's skillset looks like anything special to me here...

Well, I'll still go red for my free pull and probably not do anything else with this.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is atk/spd push

Is that basically Celica's Ragnarok except user takes 1 damage instead of 5

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, nobody's skillset looks like anything special to me here...

Well, I'll still go red for my free pull and probably not do anything else with this.

Really? Infantry Rush is a pretty epic skill 0.0

Anywho, for me, I like Tana and Innes, so will pull for them. But I don't know how much. W!Tharja is coming and I neeeeed her.

Edited by Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Really? Infantry Rush is a pretty epic skill 0.0

Anywho, for me, I like Tana and Innes, so will pull for them. But I don't know how much. W!Tharja is coming and I neeeeed her.

Well sure, there's like one or two good skills in the entire video. That doesn't mean the skill SETS are good. xP

Er...None of them seem too appealing in terms of skills, although Noire's could work if one wishes to make Infantry Emblem, still too niche imo. 

Whatever, I'll still go for Cordelia because I love how she looks that wink is really charming. Being able to shut down any kind of Melee buffs will make her pretty good in AA. Sadly for Tana her skills aren't really that good and she looks a bit too similar to her OG form which I have so no need to get her.

Tana's A skill looks interesting but it is still an inferior Swift Sparrow, Infantry rush looks like a fun skill, anything to to make infantry emblem more appealing 

So many assists lately.

Infantry Rush is interesting but feels a bit redundant. Hopefully sometime they'll start adding infantry C skills that do things other than specials.

3 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I see that atk/spd push...Ragnarok refine when?

(okay so there are some that need it more (Vanilla Tana!) and Ragnarok is still a pretty good weapon but come on...at least add a stat refine like Beloved Zofia has!)

Ragnarok, Vidofnir, Nidhogg, Cursed Lance, Dark Excalibur, and Dark Aura seem like the big remaining refine candidates right now.

All pretty uninteresting skills, especially for Cordelia. Noire's Infantry Rush is the only one that sticks out to me as something I'd like to have.

Still going to pull for Cordelia and Noire all the same, and perhaps Tana if I get really lucky.

NOIRE?! Ahhhh, I wasn't expecting her inclusion, but I wish she was an Armor Bow unit.. Tharja was an bikini armor unit so I'd figure they'd do it for Noire too, and if her normal variant eventually gets in the game, she's going to be able to power creep this one since she'd be mergeable without limited to seasonal banners... Ah well, still going to roll for her regardless. 

I'm also going to be rolling for Cordelia, disappointing skills but with an art like that, how could I resist? Tana would be really nice to have. Innes is handsome, wouldn't mind getting him too, I wish Summer Xander's art was as good as his... 

Now that the video's out, I'll give my thoughts:

-I'm mostly excited to see SS characters here. Innes looks way more buff than I imagined him to be. I guess he's trying to keep up with Ephraim. XD Or is Ephraim trying to keep up with him? I like his art style as well. Tana looks nice, and I'm glad they decided not to put her in a bikini. It would have been nice to see her drawn in another style, but I enjoy her artwork as it is, so I can't complain. If I were to pull it would probably be for these two. 

-Cordelia and Noire look nice. It's odd for Cordelia to get another seasonal, but both Azura and Camilla have gotten a few now, so it's not like there isn't precendent for it. I really enjoy Noire as a character, Noire x Brady is one of my shameless ships. but I can definitely wait for her normal version. Maybe we're due for a true second generation Awakening banner and a first generation Fates banner one of these days. Shigure got added in, it's Charlotte's turn.

-Can't say there's anything in this banner that makes me want to jump in and pull right away. It's definitely a fanservice trap. CYL is pretty close. Unless your favorite characters are here, or you're in desperate need for a mage flier, now is a good time to save orbs. At the very least, you can wait and see what's on the legendary banner and/or the next summer banner since this banner is going to be around for a while. CYL might even get announced before it's over.

Noire's voice gave me an aneurysm. As did the description text of Infantry Rush.

EDIT: All the units will live and die by their stats I guess, seeing their skills doesn't help make the decision at all.

Edited by Humanoid

Infantry Rush sounds like an incredible support skill. I can see people whaling for that. It applies Heavy Blade to all allies within two spaces. But unfortunately doesn't seem to work on the user.

Edited by Glennstavos

I'll probably pull all colors until I get a pity rate going, but Noire is my top target, because she's one of my favorite Awakening kids, and Cordelia, so I can run a Horse Emblem in Arena.

I really love the way Innes looks, but Tana is getting my top priority since I need a red flier for my flying teams.  I need more fury fodder anyway so red hell here I come.

Don't like the idea of Cordelia stealing Robin's Fish Harpoon lance. Eeesh. They could at least made it a sword or an axe. I'm going to be pulling for Tana first, since I need Red Mage flier for my team. Then Noire, since I like Noire. Hopefully next month we'll have a Hoshidan Summer banner. We should, or I'll be really mad. 

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Infantry Rush sounds like an incredible support skill. I can see people whaling for that. It applies Heavy Draw to all allies within two spaces. But unfortunately doesn't seem to work on the user.

That's a little unfortunate. It's a great c-skill for units who already have heavy blade though, I'm constantly wishing there was a second seal for my heavy hitters.

Infantry Rush is... interesting. It's a new option for infantry units, but you can't effectively use it alongside tactics since you'll have 1 maximum target for it. Without tactics infantry just loses out on buff power compared to other unit types. Tana is going to be a staple of flying and tactics teams so long as her statline is good, just due to how powerful her tome is, and Atk/Spd Push is an interesting option for units that don't want to lose defenses with LD3 for whatever reason. Cordelia is another lance cav, but she usually has a 35/35 statline, which if it holds true for this version, makes her the best Firesweep user in her role. Dull Close is a fun addition. Innes... well he doesn't really have notable fodder. He'll live or die by his statline, his most likely avenue to success is being a better magic focused DC tank than Camilla, based on his original's stat spread. If he can't do that, he's unlikely to beat out the likes of Cherche on offense or Airzura in just general usefulness.