Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...why is Noire wearing a loincloth? And why is her spine more broken than Catria's? Like mother like daughter, I suppose...

I like everyone else though: Innes is more muscular than I thought an archer could be and the frills on Cordelia's swimsuit make it more cutesy than anything else. Tana's skills are very interesting, but I really want to save up my Orbs...

Maybe I shouldn't try to apply logic to this game, but with all the talk of how awkward and spine breaking Noire's pose is (Awkward, yes. Spine breaking? No) I tried to see just how impractical it is, and it wasn't that hard to pull off. If she was running from an enemy and targeting behind her, I can see this working. I wouldn't be able to hold the pose for long, but then I'm not exactly the epitome of lithe and flexible. So, for someone who is, I don't think there would be much of an issue. That being said, of course they could have, and probably should have gone with a less awkward looking pose, but it's far from impossible or spine breaking, which is what I'm seeing everywhere. It would be less annoying if people just called it impractical rather than impossible.

Noire does have a neat skill in giving Heavy Blade to allies in range, but I'm not all that interested otherwise. Dull Close might be neat, but it's locked to a seasonal right now, not interested in Cordelia either. Innes gets a new feint while Tana gets a skill like Ragnarok but loses only 1 HP on it being activated. And Renewal. :P She also has the fruit of Idunn, oh my could that be a hint?

It'll be stats that make the call for Tana and Innes still, though Tana is pretty nuts as is.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Infantry Rush looks like a perfect skill for 1-turn clear runs.

Huh, that didn’t even cross my mind at first. It does look very handy. It might be a bit too expensive for my tastes, though, especially since most of my go-to units are Flying or Cavalry.

23 minutes ago, Larverto said:

Aaaaah. Right.

I assumed it was some deliberate trolling given you mentioned both of them in a sentence and I was kicking myself that I didn't do it first. :D

Hoping Cordelia has a good stat spread. The lance cav class has so many mediocre units with only Legendary Ephraim and a bunch of guys trying to wield a firesweep lance with just a ~33/33 offensive spread. Meanwhile godspeed to Innes, because pretty much every axe flier is great for some kind of role. Infantry Rush is definitely dubious for a mixed emblem team which is where most non dragon infantry find themselves, but I think unique skills such as this will give people incentive to run infantry emblem. It would definitely make them more unique than just distributing Hone Infantry one of these days.

Won't pull on this banner immediately when it comes out but I'll try to collect any of them next month or whenever I feel satisfied with the Legendary Banner. Not looking forward to the bust size comparison dialogue between Noire and Cordelia but I will say it's cool to see FE8 seasonals and having two games be represented is consistent with our recent (better) seasonal banners.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hoping Cordelia has a good stat spread. The lance cav class has so many mediocre units with only Legendary Ephraim and a bunch of guys trying to wield a firesweep lance with just a ~33/33 offensive spread. Meanwhile godspeed to Innes, because pretty much every axe flier is great for some kind of role. Infantry Rush is definitely dubious for a mixed emblem team which is where most non dragon infantry find themselves, but I think unique skills such as this will give people incentive to run infantry emblem. It would definitely make them more unique than just distributing Hone Infantry one of these days.

Won't pull on this banner immediately when it comes out but I'll try to collect any of them next month or whenever I feel satisfied with the Legendary Banner. Not looking forward to the bust size comparison dialogue between Noire and Cordelia but I will say it's cool to see FE8 seasonals and having two games be represented is consistent with our recent (better) seasonal banners.

Cordelia will be helped out a bit by the fact that her competitors will all have gen 1 BST, since the only lance cavs added after the inflation are Ephraim and Finn. It'll probably be just the three points but still, it shouldn't be too hard to powercreep Oscar - I'd take it pretty much as a given.

Hopefully Innes is the rare speedy axe flier, which is likely given his normal version, plus he doubles his target in the trailer. The only competitors with over 30 spd are Camilla, Minerva (both at the lower end of the 30s) and Airzura. Not that Firesweep Axe exists as of now, but it's still a stat spread that doesn't really exist yet.

If Cordelia gets good speed, she will be a nice player phase unit. I don't see how Innes will be competent between the flying axe users, and how a beach banner is considered as an axe.

I waited for the trailer to decide what I'm going to look for. Noire and Tana looked interesting before, but Noire only has Infantry Rush that looks interesting for me, and not sure if that's what I need.

But I could use a flying mage.

Huh, underwhelming skills for the most part. I'll try rolling for Cordelia and Tana for art and utility.

Tana's A skill sure is underwhelming. I could see her using a Bond skill to combo with her super Guidance tome but a one-and-done skill seems like a waste of her A slot (Renewal is only applicable of she doesn't get hit.) A/S Bond, Fury, LaD and Swift Sparrow are probably equally viable if not more.

I get that Noire is colorless for color balance but I don't know why they aren't adding new colored bows after L!Lyn. It's just...why? Did they feel no one would roll for a second bow Lyn if she didn't have a special gimmick?

Edited by NekoKnight

24 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Cordelia will be helped out a bit by the fact that her competitors will all have gen 1 BST, since the only lance cavs added after the inflation are Ephraim and Finn. It'll probably be just the three points but still, it shouldn't be too hard to powercreep Oscar - I'd take it pretty much as a given.

I don't think all Seasonals are given inflated BST these days. Spring Catria and Bridal Ninian do not and I think Bridal Sanaki is debatable. But yeah like I said lance cav is a pretty consitently underwhelming class of Gen 1 unit stat spreads and limited units that can't reach a high merge level. Cordelia wouldn't need much to take second place. I consider Peri second place, personally, if only because she becomes a mean firesweep and especially brave lance user with access to Def Ploy.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't think all Seasonals are given inflated BST these days. Spring Catria and Bridal Ninian do not and I think Bridal Sanaki is debatable. But yeah like I said lance cav is a pretty consitently underwhelming class of Gen 1 unit stat spreads and limited units that can't reach a high merge level. Cordelia wouldn't need much to take second place. I consider Peri second place, personally, if only because she becomes a mean firesweep and especially brave lance user with access to Def Ploy.

Looks like ranged cavalry don't but melee ones do. Admittedly Spring Alfonse is a sample size of one, but he's in the list with +1 growth: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stat_growth#Stat_totals_.2F_Rating

It's not a seasonal thing because it's consistent with non-seasonal ranged cavalry such as Horse Eirika and Gunnthra who like Horse Catria, Lilina and Roy get nothing, and Spring Alfonse is treated no differently to Finn, Siegbert, Horse Ephraim, etc. Sigurd is special because reasons.

Ranged fliers fall into the same category as melee cavalry but Ninian is excluded because the dancer category overrides it.

I think we can fairly confidently predict Tana and Cordelia get +1 GP, Innes gets +2 GP, and Noire gets +1 base and +1 GP.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

but I don't know why they aren't adding new colored bows after L!Lyn.

Because colored bows appear to be intended to be elemental bows. I figure they won't be giving out any more without a good reason to (and an uninheritable weapon).

The banner seems interesting and I do like Innes and Tana (Innes especially), but since I recently downed my orbs on getting Karla, going to hold off this banner after the first summoning session.

3 hours ago, Frenzify said:

Maybe I shouldn't try to apply logic to this game, but with all the talk of how awkward and spine breaking Noire's pose is (Awkward, yes. Spine breaking? No) I tried to see just how impractical it is, and it wasn't that hard to pull off. If she was running from an enemy and targeting behind her, I can see this working. I wouldn't be able to hold the pose for long, but then I'm not exactly the epitome of lithe and flexible. So, for someone who is, I don't think there would be much of an issue. That being said, of course they could have, and probably should have gone with a less awkward looking pose, but it's far from impossible or spine breaking, which is what I'm seeing everywhere. It would be less annoying if people just called it impractical rather than impossible.

The people on the internet not exaggerating? Ha!

I haven't really taken part in the pose discussions on FEH, but for me personally, still images of poses like this (would you call them momentary? "Action-y"?) are going to feel disorienting unless there's obvious enough reason for the pose. I can rationalize it all I want with Noire running from and attacking enemies at the same time, but that's not going to help my natural reaction when I look at the art. In comparison, the football image from earlier or Catria don't cause this to reaction me.

That said, this has nothing to do with the spine breaking arguments lol.

EDIT: I forget who were talking about this in another thread, but Cordelia clearly came up with a way for Micaiah to hide her brand at the beach.

Edited by Sylphid

12 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

What the fuck I wake up and see leaks

Hide contents

If this banner is legit then I'm going for Innes and Tana. If their regular versions refuse to show up for me, then I better get their freaking seasonal versions. Also, three girls one guy. Fuck off.

I managed to get Innes, but I had to put a fair bit of money into the game on his original banner. I was determined and very unlucky at the time >.< Not seen a sniff of him since.

I'm hoping the same luck won't translate to this banner. He's the only one I want or remotely care about, although I guess I wouldn't mine Tana since her art is nice and she can complete my flying tome trio, since they still refuse to give me a male tome flier.

Of course I'll have to wait for the stats, but from what we know I'll pull for this: 

• Innes: No. Even if he is a Flier, the only male unit on this banner and rides the pale sibbling of Valters übercool mount ... I don't need him.
  • Noir: No. Her C-Skill seems very intresting though. 
  • Tana: Yes. Her Tome seems like fun. 
  • Cordelia: Yes. It's Cordelia. 

Won't go crazy for both, I'll do a few pulls and wait for the legendary banner. 

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, that basically means that once Ragnarok gets its refine, it'll get upgraded from Atk/Spd Push 1 to Atk/Spd Push 3 (I'm assuming the HP penalty is 5/3/1 as you level up the skill with a static stat boost).

That seems like a pretty minor difference. I'm guessing the damage stays the same but the bonuses go from 3/4/5.

Having Ragnarok deal just 1 damage would make it feel like less of an FE2 reference, especially with Beloved Zofia and Alm's Falchion still dealing 4-5 damage, and wouldn't even really be much of an upgrade.

Hopefully with all these exclusive Armor/Flier/Infantry skills that have been released post-launch (Armor march, Bold/Vengeful Fighter, Guidance, Flier Formation, Flier Guidance, Aerobatics, Infantry Pulse/Rush), we'll eventually see some unique Cavalry skills to balance it out.

Interested to see how min/maxed Cordelia's offensive spread will be.

Edited by Azuni

6 hours ago, Azuni said:

Hopefully with all these exclusive Armor/Flier/Infantry skills that have been released post-launch (Armor march, Bold/Vengeful Fighter, Guidance, Flier Formation, Flier Guidance, Aerobatics, Infantry Pulse/Rush), we'll eventually see some unique Cavalry skills to balance it out.

IS always works on a huge delay.  When somethings broken they usually fix it to the point where its OP and then move on to the next thing.

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

Thing is Cavalry already has something to balance it out. Their improved movement. Being able to walk 3 tiles at a time instead of 2 is much more powerful that it sounds.

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Thing is Cavalry already has something to balance it out. Their improved movement. Being able to walk 3 tiles at a time instead of 2 is much more powerful that it sounds.

I'm not sure anymore, with all the things they have to get in their way now. Fliers and armours can move across an entire map unimpeded, which has often caused me more issues than cavalry these days >.<