Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

I pulled optimal Innes and Tana.  I don't really care about Tana atm - anyone got some build ideas for Innes?  I feel like he could do a lot of different builds.  

One thing that annoys me is with any axe unit who doesnt have a prf, its pretty much either slaying, brave, and emerald.  There are no 'unique' inheritable axes like some of the tomes, guard bow, berukuts lance, etc.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

One thing that annoys me is with any axe unit who doesnt have a prf, its pretty much either slaying, brave, and emerald.  There are no 'unique' inheritable axes like some of the tomes, guard bow, berukuts lance, etc.

That's because we've had only 4 axes added to the normal summoning pool throughout the game's lifespan. Sad life indeed

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That's because we've had only 4 axes added to the normal summoning pool throughout the game's lifespan. Sad life indeed

Yea, someone just pointed out to me that we don't even have firesweep axe yet....what the hell....

Also, Innes and Tana wont shut up about Ephraim and Eirika.  They better be in the next banner -_-

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I pulled optimal Innes and Tana.  I don't really care about Tana atm - anyone got some build ideas for Innes?  I feel like he could do a lot of different builds.  

emerald and brave are bad choices. you get more out of slaying or wo dao or firesweep weapons. In the case of Axe go with slaying. The refine pushes them over brave and gem weapons. Brave weapons are kinda dead unless you are using bows. even then its only really good if you run a desperation built or can lock boldfighter to it

18 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Tana sounds very noble and refined which is a little weird considering she isn't like that at all. 

You mean her VA?   Yes, she's very brash in her game.  Maybe these units were pulled from after the war and she's more mature now though.

@HildaYea I agree slaying is his best (though it would be nice if firesweep came along).  Brave is still useful on units like Cherche w/ high atk low spd and emerald is useful on bad units to make them usable.

Edited by Lushen

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

Innes is essentially a Green Shigure in term of stats so similar build can be pretty effective. Sadly Summer Innes’s stats scream Firesweep Axe, but alas...

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

And I'll post it again, we have 37 virtually guaranteed future Axe additions to the standard summoning pool. Plus about 30 more potential additions, although I'd realistically expect only 1/3-1/2 of them going Axe.

The major issue with almost all of them is they are male. And they are often old, and often burly- traits that don't appeal to the low hanging Orbs never to be used not on pixels and pictures on those money-wastin' otakus. Although to be fair, they aren't exactly appealing even to non-otakus.

However, there are a couple who don't fit the profile of being brainless and or ugly and or old men, and yet none of these select few have been added yet.

The list:

Spoiler
  1. Bord
  2. Cord
  3. Darros
    1. Possibly Astram (nah give him Mercurius I say)
    2. Possibly Samson
  4. Ymir
  5. Dice
  6. FE3 Jake
  7. Lex
  8. Iuchar
  9. Iucharba
  10. Dagdar
  11. Osian
  12. Halvan
  13. Marty
  14. Dalsin
  15. Hicks
    1. Possibly Machua 
    2. Possibly Ralph
    3. Possibly Galzus (doubt it since Major Odr screams Sword to me)
    4. Possibly Xavier
    5. Possibly FE6 Marcus
    6. Possibly Alen
    7. Possibly Lance
    8. Possibly Zelot
    9. Possibly Noah
    10. Possibly Trec
    11. Possibly Perceval
    12. Possibly Bors
    13. Possibly Barthe
    14. Possibly Douglas
    15. Possibly Dieck
    16. Possibly Ogier
    17. Possibly Echidna
  16. Wade
  17. Lot
  18. Geese
  19. Gonzales
  20. Garret
  21. The other version of Bartre
    1. Possibly FE7 Marcus
    2. Possibly Kent
    3. Possibly Sain
    4. Possibly Lowen
    5. Possibly Isadora
    6. Possibly Harken
    7. Possibly Wall Ace
    8. Possibly OsW1N
  22. Dart
  23. Geitz
  24. Garcia
  25. Ross
  26. Dozla
  27. Duessel
    1. Possibly Gerik
    2. Possibly Franz
    3. Possibly Kyle
    4. Possibly Forde
    5. Possibly Caellach
    6. Possibly Gilliam
  28. Boyd
  29. Kieran
  30. Largo
  31. Nolan
    1. Possibly Jill
    2. Possibly Haar
    3. Possibly Brom
  32. Vaike
  33. Basilio
    1. Possibly Walhart
    2. Possibly Flavia
    3. Possibly Libra
    4. Possibly Inigo
    5. Possibly Severa
    6. Possibly Gregor
  34. Rinkah
    1. Possibly Sophie
  35. Percy
  36. Scarlet
  37. Charlotte
    1. Possibly Fuga
    2. Possibly Benny
    3. Possibly Mozu
5 hours ago, Othin said:

Tana is -Def/+Res, Innes is -Spd/+Res, Rhajat is -HP/+Res. What's with all the +Res?

Must have bought their sunscreen from the world of Xenoblade Chronicles, for some reason over there it offers high Ether Defense.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Lushen I am thinking of going with his default weapon and focusing on offense. +2 All on offense isn't shabby and it can pair up well with Swift for a double blow(Death and Darting) effect. Since I have +ATK/-RES that means he would have 56/46 on initiation with a speed refine. Throw some buffs on like a Goad or Hone and you are well into ouch territory. Not exactly new territory, but I think it will go better than a brave set(or maybe I am just bored of braves?). And when it comes to defensive green(slaying) he would have to compete with Myrrh. And well, Abs or no Abs, Myrrh is a Dragon!

I wish the localization would keep some of the more interesting character epithets. Tiki's and Corrin's Japanese titles last year were fun. Innes's this year is also fun.

• Innes's title is "実は泳げる" (jitsu wa oyogeru), "Actually, I can swim" or "Can actually swim".
    • Probably referencing Xander's "泳ぎの鍛錬中" (oyogi no tanrenchuu), "Learning how to swim".
  • Noire's title is "日差しは苦手な" (hizashi wa nigate na), "Bad with sunlight".

Not quite as nifty, but

• Tana's title is "弾けるプリンセス" (hajikeru princess), "Bursting princess".
  • Cordelia's title is "水着姿の天才騎士" (mizugi-sugata no tensai kishi), "Knight paragon in a swimsuit".

Thoughts ?

Spoiler

qHBovGV.png

Normally, I would say you'd never want to use Miracle.  However, in this specific case I think it might be usable.  Typically w/ desp builds you go with moonbow but that's because you normally have a slaying weapon.  She doesnt have the def or res to use bonfire/iceberg.  And she doesnt want HP back from something like Aether.  So really its either use moonbow which will only work for half of the encounters or Miracle which should charge after two encounters (get knocked into desp range and desperation double someone else)

Edited by Lushen

Wew lad.  Last year's summer units got powercreeped...fanservice-wise and gameplay-wise.  Tana being my favrit character from FE8, getting an amazing flying mage stat spread plus more Cuboon art?  Also, wtf is Cordelia wearing.  I don't think she's looking for her 'perfect match' wearing that.

I did the free summon with full pull, didn't get anything noteworthy.  Except Legault 4 star (he was demoted!), having Atk Tactic at 4 star is great.  I gave it to my Miciah who is S supporting V!Ike on my Earth boost tactic team.  Helps Cherche a lot whose a part of that team as well.

Red mage flyer, well I don't have one of those.  I didn't have a green mage flyer so I pulled for flying Nino last banner, didn't get her though.  I like Tana a lot, better than Nino as a character so why am I not pulling for her?  Well Legendary banner coming up, and this summer banner will be going awhile and overlaps with the other summer banner.  Gacha itch is strong but seems wise to wait here.  The other thing with Nino, is generally I'm much more willing to pull for green focus units cause every green pity breaker is a godsend.  While there are still some pretty awful red pity breakers and that would feel like the worst to spend 100, 200 orbs and get pity broken by Luke or whatever.  

Edited by Lewyn

42 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Also, wtf is Cordelia wearing.  I don't think she's looking for her 'perfect match' wearing that.

Yeah she did, since she found her way to me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I guess it didn't take much to powercreep last year's, since only Corrin ever stood out as especially strong even back then.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

• Innes's title is "実は泳げる" (jitsu wa oyogeru), "Actually, I can swim" or "Can actually swim".
    • Probably referencing Xander's "泳ぎの鍛錬中" (oyogi no tanrenchuu), "Learning how to swim".

Innes really like to show that he knows how to swim... NowI'm tempted to give him the swimming googles, but Leo is rocking them. Why we can't have 2 copies of the same accesorie??

Fun fact:

In spanish, Innes title is "Estratega solar" that in english is "Solar Strategist " I think? Anyway, it has nothing to do with either his japanese or english title

PS: Any build for my +Spd -Def S!Innes?

In general I don't feel this banner is much of power creep.  I mean Noire seems a decent unit, infantry rush is an interesting skill.  However Summer Xander was a solid unit when he came out, and infantry pulse at that time was a much more interesting skill.  

Summer Innes is a fast axe flying axe user which is new, but there are already several powerful flying axes.  Summer Cordelia, well we have tons of lance cavalry, she's fast but otherwise not extraordinary.  

Summer Tana is awesome, but Summer Nowi came out last October and we've had flying mages since the first spring banner.  

I think this banner is more trying to get people to pull based on the waifu/husbando aspect than how strong/interesting the units are.  I've never pulled for waifu/husbando personally.  Like Summer Tiki is my personal favorite when it comes to such things, but I've never pulled for her cause well she isn't very special gameplay wise.  Maybe I'm too old for this kind of thing, but an attractive outfit/woman is more frosting on the cake it is never the cake.  

The Japanese titles, well it makes sense for what Noire said during the paralogue seeming to indicate heat exhaustion.  Also interesting, well the first 2.  Knight paragon in a bathing suit is well not too creative even if accurate.  

28 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Summer Innes is a fast axe flying axe user which is new, but there are already several powerful flying axes.  Summer Cordelia, well we have tons of lance cavalry, she's fast but otherwise not extraordinary.  

Innes is the fastest axe flier and cordelia is the fastest cavalry.   Innes pretty much replaces Minerva as the best axe flier because speed is better than wo dao effect.

Tana is probably slightly better than H Nowi but it doesnt matter much.

They gave these units great stat spreads because they don't have prfs.  This ensures they will continue to be useful as IS adds more inheritable skills and such but they'll never be top tier b/c they lack top tier prfs and will probably never get any.  

Tana might as well not have a prf, its bad - especially for a flier.

I think Innes and Tana are by far the best.  Personally, I like Innes.

Edited by Lushen

Decided to see if my luck from Tana and Innes would hold up for Cordelia. It didn't.

Took like 240 orbs to get my next 5* and it was a duplicate L'Arachel. Still got another 140 but I'm holding on to them for now.