Finally able to get a Nintendo Switch...what games should I get?

Busterman64

Title says it all. After saving enough money, I can finally get a Nintendo Switch...Thank...GOD!

However, with SOOO many games on the Switch...I'm kinda indecisive on what to get for now.

My aim is to get 3 games at least and it helps with that E3 sale for Splatoon 2 too(which ends on the 21...tomorrow)!

But I wanna know...what do you guys suggest?

This is a list of games I want for sure: 

Splatoon 2

FE Warriors

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Mario & Rabbids

Pokken

Xenoblade 2

Mario Tennis(which is right around the corner)

Bloodstain: Curse of the Moon 

That's most games I can get now(Mario Tennis being the exception). Anything else I can get when they come out...Like Crash.

Games like Blazblue Cross Tag I have for PS4 and I had and beat LoZ Breath of the Wild on Wii U, so cross those out.

So yeah, ANY game suggestion will do! Whether it be Eshop only or physical...suggest away!...as long as it ain't horror..I ain't for that crap...

d69.png.919444240c8394f1e2e17c4f3b57ff82.png

Regardless...Thank you in advance! :Joshua:

If you haven't played them already, get the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack on the Switch for $40. It's objectively the best version of those games. Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Blaster Master Zero are also fun games, $10 each.

Celeste is also a good game. I believe it's $20. 

Puyo Puyo Tetris - 

When I first got into Puyo Puyo, it was actually for the cheesy comedic story sketches, and PPT is one of the best in the series for that. Gameplaywise, it contains the classic Puyo Puyo Tsu ruleset, and the titular variant ruleset. The former can be played either  against online or for score attack for dozens of hours without getting old, and the latter, while not quite as good, still puts many other matching-puzzle games to shame in its own right. 

Edited by Reality

OCTO

PATH

TRA-you know I'd wait for reviews on this one. That's a 60 dollar game. Good demo though. Your list is missing Mario Odyssey. That's a fun game. You like fun, right? You're getting pretty much every other Mario game, but not THE Mario game.

Edited by Glennstavos

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

OCTO

PATH

TRA-you know I'd wait for reviews on this one. That's a 60 dollar game. Good demo though. Your list is missing Mario Odyssey. That's a fun game. You like fun, right? You're getting pretty much every other Mario game, but not THE Mario game.

No Mario Od-...

*Looks at list*

How did I not add that one?!

I was sure I did...but then again, my computer restarted when making the topic so maybe it didn't save it up to that point.

Edited by Busterman64

LoZ Breath of the Wild is an immensely fun game if you enjoy free roam games.

When it comes out Super smash bros ultimate if you've any interest in the series.

Sorry if this list is shallow, I don't use my switch much.

Do you like the beat'em all genre? Because if that's the case you should definitely go for Bayonetta 1 and 2 (and the third when it's come out).

Xenoblade 2, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, FE Warriors, and Stardew Valley are the games that I still play the most and would recommend. Mario Odyssey is fun, but I didn't feel the need to continue after getting through the story. 

43 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Do you like the beat'em all genre? Because if that's the case you should definitely go for Bayonetta 1 and 2 (and the third when it's come out).

Been meaning to try that series out. Kinda forgot it was on Switch! 

22 minutes ago, Black Zero said:

Disgaea 5 Complete is a good game. Lots of content and post game stuff. But there is a lot of grinding involved so it may not be your cup of tea. 

Oh trust me, grinding is NOT an issue. Beisdes...kinda have Disgaea 1 & 2 and Phantom Brave under my belt...unfinished though. I'm near the end of 1,  on chapter 3 in 2, and I got halfway in PB 2 years ago, but I gotta restart cuz my save is pretty much gone. 

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are great so I second it, LoZ Breath of the Wilds is also really good, I Love Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so pick that game up when you can, FE Warriors  is pretty good and Zelda Warriors (whatever the version for Switch is called) is a fun beat 'em too.   

Edited by EricaofRenais

27 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Oh trust me, grinding is NOT an issue. Beisdes...kinda have Disgaea 1 & 2 and Phantom Brave under my belt...unfinished though. I'm near the end of 1,  on chapter 3 in 2, and I got halfway in PB 2 years ago, but I gotta restart cuz my save is pretty much gone. 

Ah I see that you're already somewhat familiar with those types of games. Yeah the thing about these games is that they can keep you busy for a while. Which is perfect when you're waiting for a "certain" game to come out! 

Fortnite's free on the Switch. Other than that, BoTW. I wanted to try a Zelda game and I have no regrets. I actually spent most of my time on my Switch with that one game.

5 hours ago, Affinity said:

I'll mention Golf Story.

I'll second this. Very charming game and if you've played a Mario Golf before then you're familiar with the gameplay. It's also a surprisingly long game. Took me a couple weeks worth of game sessions to get through it. 

There are lots of good games on the Switch. You should definitely get Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, or you might die of regret.

• Breath of the Wild, if you haven't already got that on Wii U.
  • Hyrule Warriors, if you haven't got that on Wii U or 3DS - on the other hand I personally would not bother with the extra content as I've already got the game on 3DS.
  • I might also get LA Noire and/or Valkyrie Chronicles 4 if I go around and get a Switch later on.
Edited by henrymidfields

West of Loathing. It's a funny little RPG worth the $11 you'll spend it on. I reccomend it if you like RPGs and humor.

Also, the Switch is one of the only two ways to reliably play a portable Skyrim, the other being a laptop.

Edited by Purple Mage

If you like FPS games, might I recommend Rogue Trooper Redux?

If you like the kind of ridiculous difficulty that Ghouls n Ghosts provided (or maybe Ghosts n Goblins), then Volgarr the Viking might be for you. Just be warned it pulls no punches.

There's the remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap that I can recommend if you'd like a 2D action platformer. The fact it includes the original game in the form of retro mode is an added bonus.

There's also the "Arcade Archives" series where you can emulate classic arcade games in their glory for cheap, including Double Dragon and Donkey Kong.

There's Shantae Half Genie Hero if you're into action platformers. It's not as Metroid-Vania as it's predecessors, but it's still pretty good.

Also, Sonic Mania. Plus if you can afford to wait, seeing as they've decided to pull that stunt since. I dare say the best Sonic title in my opinion.

Note that some of these are download only, others aren't. But I've tried to suggest stuff that no one else has.

8 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

If you like FPS games, might I recommend Rogue Trooper Redux?

If you like the kind of ridiculous difficulty that Ghouls n Ghosts provided (or maybe Ghosts n Goblins), then Volgarr the Viking might be for you. Just be warned it pulls no punches.

There's the remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap that I can recommend if you'd like a 2D action platformer. The fact it includes the original game in the form of retro mode is an added bonus.

There's also the "Arcade Archives" series where you can emulate classic arcade games in their glory for cheap, including Double Dragon and Donkey Kong.

There's Shantae Half Genie Hero if you're into action platformers. It's not as Metroid-Vania as it's predecessors, but it's still pretty good.

Also, Sonic Mania. Plus if you can afford to wait, seeing as they've decided to pull that stunt since. I dare say the best Sonic title in my opinion.

Note that some of these are download only, others aren't. But I've tried to suggest stuff that no one else has.

Sonic Mania I'm waiting on due to Sonic Mania Plus coming. As for Shantae...I need to beat Pirate's Curse first...been rather slow on that! :sweatdrop:

No one's mentioned Shovel Knight? If you haven't already gotten it, I'd recommend it.

I'd also recommend Fairune. Keep note, they are simple and short games. But, seeing as you're getting two games, plus a third one (that's incredibly short and is more of a prequel bonus?) and a bonus game mode, it's pretty good at only eight dollars.

I'd also recommend the Megaman Legacy Collection games.

Of the Shovel Knight series, the only one I really recommend is Specter of Torment.
I do NOT recommend Fairune. I played the 3DS demo, and literally all you do is walk around. It's like Zelda, but minus all the interesting gameplay.

1 hour ago, Zera said:

Of the Shovel Knight series, the only one I really recommend is Specter of Torment.
I do NOT recommend Fairune. I played the 3DS demo, and literally all you do is walk around. It's like Zelda, but minus all the interesting gameplay.

I'd harken Fairune more towards the original Hydlide, but personally for me, with a bit more charm.

Also, Plague Knight I can see people not being much too keen on getting, but why not the OG Shovel Knight game?

Shovel Knight is a 7/10, and Specter Knight is a 9/10. Better design and polish all around. But if you're gonna get both, may as well get the Treasure Trove for all 4 campaigns.

Edited by Zera