Finally able to get a Nintendo Switch...what games should I get?

Busterman64

On 21.06.2018 at 7:15 PM, Zera said:

I do NOT recommend Fairune. I played the 3DS demo, and literally all you do is walk around. It's like Zelda, but minus all the interesting gameplay.

Fairune pays homage to oldschool Ys and Zelda.

Has the same 'walking around' and bumping into enemies mechanic like the first two Ys entries, even more simplified since you don't even need to get the angle right. If your level is higher than the enemies you stomp him like a fly. Same level or higher level enemies give you some trouble but also experience points. 

The overworld is very Zelda-like. You find entrances to undeground passages, get keys or items like an axe/pickaxe that open up previously blocked passages. 

It's a straight-forward, charming little game that manages to pack a ton of references into just 2hrs of gameplay. The sequel doesn't change things around, it's more of the same in a bigger environment.  

I would definitely recommend it, the Switch collection gets you two bonus games. Worth the 10$ imo.