Do you mind lowmanning being viable?

Should lowmanning be nerfed?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should lowmanning be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
    • "High" manning should recieve a viability increase more than anything

On 6/23/2018 at 12:22 AM, Jotari said:

Low manning should be viable, but it shouldn't be preferable. If clearing the game with a single unit is something the player wants to do, then they absolutely should be able to do it, however, if it is objectively the easiest and most effective way to play through the game, then you have a problem, as it's effectively reduced the strategy of the game to a one man stomp. Players have to artificially handicap themselves to play more of the game in a single sitting. Plus, just in general, the things that discourage low manning like split objectives, unit recruitment and supports are just fun elements that have multiple practical uses.

*casual whistle*

I'd very much prefer that it be discouraged or even made unviable. As @X-Naut already said, it is a strategy game, after all, and a strategy game focusing on medieval war with magic - low manning defeats that purpose and is unrealistic in general, and I too have to draw the line there. Fates Conquest did a number of things that pointed in said direction, and I would very much prefer that stays or ramped up further in Three Houses.

Edited by henrymidfields

On June 28, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Low-manning being viable is one thing. If it winds up becoming mandatory, however, that’s a problem. See: Awakening Lunatic.

Unless you are talking about Lunatic+, lowmanning Awakening Lunatic (vanilla) isnt mandatory and...where did you get that idea? 

38 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Unless you are talking about Lunatic+, lowmanning Awakening Lunatic (vanilla) isnt mandatory and...where did you get that idea? 

Look at the enemy stats - raising a full party would be more trouble than it’s worth unless you had DLC.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:52 PM, Jotari said:

*casual whistle*

Sorry, you were right as well haha.  I was just too lazy to quote it.