Canto workings poll

how will canto work in 3H's  

58 members have voted

1. 1. which canto will be in the game for mounts?

• No canto
    • canto(gba) after non combat
    • super canto(Thracia, tellius) after attacking
    • ULTRA CANTO(horse emblem) after attacking, you can re-equip gear aswell

With how much they're drawing from older games - I would be surprised not to see Canto; I see GBA Canto unless they want to completely break mounted units again by adopting the Tellius version.

Considering the past five entries haven't had Canto I wouldn't be surprised if it was absent. We may get a formation or combat art that allows cavalry to use leftover movement after attacking, however.

To be honest the boosted mobility of cavalry is good enough that canto on top of that is too big an advantage for the classes which have it. It's at its most egregious in Path of Radiance where there was hardly any reason to use any units without canto at all.

I would like to see Canto return mind, but maybe as a specific skill, assuming that some semblance of the Awakening/Fates skill system returns in this game.

5 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Cantopocalypse - all mounted units get Galeforce

Infinite Galeforce.

Actually, just fielding a mounted unit wins you the chapter instantly.

They might even have both.  The "Super Canto" as you call it can be called "Canto+".

I haven't played the games that have it, so I have no experience with how powerful Super Canto is in practice.  But I the GBA limited Canto I feel should be a very common ability.  In fact, I think it would be nice if all, or almost-all units can unlock it once reaching a certain level.  It should not be limited to mounted units.

On the Skills thread, I posted some ideas for skills.  I didn't know that Canto existed until immediately after posting this (as I've only played Heroes & Awakening), but all these skills except the last turned out to be limited forms of Canto.

On 2018-05-24 at 6:01 PM, Electric-Gecko said:

I'll list some skills, most of which roughly follow this idea.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Ram: If unit defeates an enemy with a mellee weapon in a single hit, then unit may move any remaining Mov.  Unit must pass through the enemy's space while using additional movement.
  • Hit-&-run: If unit attacks an enemy with lower Spd and only inflicts a single hit, unit may move their remaining Mov. (Note that if unit is fast enough to strike enemy twice, then there will be options to either "double attack" or "single attack" in case if player wants to move unit after attack.)
  • Hit-&-run+: Same as above, but unit may attack an additional enemy at the end of their movement if Unit Spd×2-5 is greater than the combined Spd of both enemy units.  Alternatively, unit may use remaining movement spaces after double-striking an enemy.
  • Fly-by-Support: After doing a support action (Heal, Rally, Dance), unit may move using any remaining Mov.
  • Quick-recovery: Unit may use a recovery item or stat-enhancing item and attack in a single turn.  Spd will be reduced by 3 for this battle.
  • On-Guard: After a "Wait" command, unit may counterattack before an enemy attacks if unit is greater than enemy Spd-5.  This applies if enemy enters unit's attack range during any part of their movement path, not just the space that enemy attacks from.