TearRing remake by IS (as a proper FE game)?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. Do you think TearRing Saga has the worthiness to be remade by Intelligent Systems as a Fire Emblem game, or do you think they would rather let it rot in copyright hell?

Edited by Perkilator

They can't because of copyright. Several court cases of "copy-cat" type of games like the one with Dark Souls and the one with TRS vs FE have made it impossible for IS to get their hands on TRS. Even if they could, IS has so little acknowledgment of Kaga's existence that they would never want to touch it. No matter what, I highly doubt they would remake it in a way that's superior to the original product.

Tear Ring Saga is certainly worthy (I put it as second favorite FE game), but IS will never get the rights to remake it. It may have an older Kaga feel but it is certainly worth a play-through if you haven't already (the most recent English translation patch is one of the good ones so give it a try).

As mentioned, it's never happening, at least not in this universe.

1. Nintendo/Intelligent Systems does not own the rights to TearRing Saga.

2. I severely doubt Nintendo wants the rights to TearRing Saga (and that Enterbrain will happily hand over the rights) given all the legal drama that happened.

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, familyplayer said:

They can't because of copyright. Several court cases of "copy-cat" type of games like the one with Dark Souls and the one with TRS vs FE have made it impossible for IS to get their hands on TRS. Even if they could, IS has so little acknowledgment of Kaga's existence that they would never want to touch it. No matter what, I highly doubt they would remake it in a way that's superior to the original product.

The UI would be a hell of a lot smoother if nothing else. Much as I love a lot of Kaga's innovations, things like cursor movements felt clunky. Even FE6 felt a lot smoother than TRS, and that feels clunky compared to modern FE.

Then again, maybe Vestaria has improved in that regard.

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

The UI would be a hell of a lot smoother if nothing else. Much as I love a lot of Kaga's innovations, things like cursor movements felt clunky. Even FE6 felt a lot smoother than TRS, and that feels clunky compared to modern FE.

Then again, maybe Vestaria has improved in that regard.

Oh sure Vestaria is better in that regard. But that has nothing to do with Kaga. It's just SRPG Studio.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 1:44 PM, VincentASM said:

As mentioned, it's never happening, at least not in this universe.

1. Nintendo/Intelligent Systems does not own the rights to TearRing Saga.

2. I severely doubt Nintendo wants the rights to TearRing Saga (and that Enterbrain will happily hand over the rights) given all the legal drama that happened.

While not likely, it never happening is too strong.

I mean many people from Donkey Kong Country returned to work for Donkey Kong Country Returns. If there's enough fan demand, it could happen, especially in the distant future.

Regardless though, I think its very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

On 9/9/2018 at 3:51 AM, BrightBow said:

Oh sure Vestaria is better in that regard. But that has nothing to do with Kaga. It's just SRPG Studio.

Kaga said intentionally thought about how to improve the armored units for Vestaria Saga and it worked.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• 1 year later...