Entering the FEHtuber Arena

Selena4Lyfe

Welp, after a year of playing this game, I've decided to bite the bullet and start making FEH vids.  Since I'm on a shoestring budget and can't afford a good computer to work from, I'll be working entirely from my phone.

It's not impressive, I fell two deaths short of a deathless run, and one death was stupidly easy to avoid.  I show this less to demonstrate the run and more to open myself to feedback regarding my presentation.  I'm aware of the more irksome issues, namely the ever worsening lag that appears to result from the recording itself.  I'm confident that there are a lot of smaller issues that are present. 

I hope to improve both my Arena play and my video production - making the vid was surprisingly fun, and I'd like to up the ante for the second installment, starting with the feedback I get here.

I appreciate any and all critique that I receive, both now and in the future.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

Uhhh. . .if that's the case, I'm moving this to Let's Play/Streams.

Once you get a couple more videos under your belt, link your video page in your sig!

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

feedback regarding my presentation

The sound seems to be slightly off from the visuals, but that might be due to the lag as you have mentioned. My phone lags too and sometimes the sound gets delayed compared to the visuals or vice versa.

This is just a personal preference but I like the background music's volume to be lower than the game's volume. Generally speaking, in terms of loudness for gameplay videos, commentary should be the loudest if you have any (you want the audience to be able to hear your clearly), then the game's own volume should be a bit lower than your commentary, and finally, if you are muting the game's music and using your own background music, make sure your music is a bit lower than the game's volume.

— — — — — — —

8:25 - 8:35
You may want to speed up those video effects from 10 seconds to like maybe 5 seconds or less. For example make the transition from the game screen to the word screen faster, and have the words come together faster on the word screen.

— — — — — — —

8:56
This is just personal preference, but for the sake of time, I actually prefer battle animations off.

Also, I would not worry about or focus too much on deathless win streaks, since a lot of people did those already. In my opinion, you may want to differentiate yourself from that crowd and find a niche where it is not so competitive.

For example, instead of posting how perfect your game play is, you can just upload all your win streaks like once a week or once a month, and show the audience your progress towards being a better player over time. You can also ask for audience feedback and have them share tips in the comment section. With that being said, be aware that trolls exist and may even leave nasty comments; I would just ignore them and delete their comments. You want to focus on your relationship with your fans who leave legitimate criticism and positive feedback.

If you watch StarCraft II commentaries, you may have heard of LowkoTV. He did a few video series on the campaigns of WarCraft III, StarCraft, and StarCraft II. His early game play videos were cringey as hell, but that is okay! Mistakes make him human and more relatable, and reading his fans' responses in the comment section made him a better player. You can see his progress as a player improve dramatically over time.

— — — — — — —-

10:20
You probably know this already, but cut blank part at the end of the video out. Some viewers may get turned off from watching your video if it is too long. If you video is only 10 minutes long, you definitely do not want it to be listed as 20 minutes long.

Edited by XRay