Assassin Class In Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade Patch Project

_Legault_

I was thinking. Wouldn't it be awesome to promote Chad, Cath, and Astore from Fire Emblem The Binding Blade into either rogues and assassins? There's so many different patches and hacks out there for the 3 GBA Fire Emblem games but I'm surprise that there isn't one to promote Chad, Cath, and Astore. If I could do it I would definitely do it, however I lack the experience to do it. Could someone please start a "Rogue & Assassin  FE6 Promotion Project"? It would be great to patch my FE6 Rom with this. This is a great idea I think! I love playing FE6 and I would like to be able to promote Chad, Cath, and Astore. We are in 2018 and it surprises me that no one has come up with an Assassin patch for FE6. Let's make this a reality my beloved Fire Emblem fans!

Thank you Serene Forest 

Sincerely,

Lawrence A. Rodriguez

Assassin.gif

1 hour ago, _Legault_ said:

If I could do it I would definitely do it, however I lack the experience to do it.

The fact that you say this shows that you either didn't try at all, or didn't try very hard.

Here's what you'd need to do:
1) Repoint and expand the class table.
2) Add data for new class(es). Most of the stuff should be fairly self explanatory; if you're confused, reference a similar class (for terrain bonus pointers, etc).
3) Import the map sprites, both standing and moving, and update the necessary tables.
4) Import the battle animations (probably the hardest part) and make a battle animation pointer (it's part of the class data).
5) Update the list of units that the promotion item of your choice can promote to include thieves. Hero crest would make the most sense out of the existing ones, but a lot of classes need them too...but you can just add more in-game.

FEBuilder is probably the easiest method to use for all this, although I have no idea how well it works with FE6 (or, for that matter, at all; I don't really use it). You can also do it with Nightmare and a hex editor if you're old school.

It's a good project for a beginner, so search around and see if you can get started. Good luck!

I guess I could make the FE6 thieves able to promote to Sword Masters with a Hero Crest.... It seems like the easiest route to take because adding new data into the game (Assassin Class) seems like a more difficult task for me. To be frank with you I've never done this before. 

Edited by _Legault_