hard mode, chapter seven. you know whats up

I highly recommend dondon151's playthrough on YT. Even if you don't care about turncounts at all, there's a bunch of neat strategies especially for this chapter and it helped me quite a bit when I was doing my first HM playthough of FE6.

The most important bit for this chapter is probably the Roy rescue/drop on turn 1 so that he can recruit Jerrot right away before Treck goes and kills himself. You also don't want to rush forward too fast because iirc, the wyverns will aggro even before you get into their ranges. You might have to do a bit of trial and error, but I think it's possible to pull them individually.

There's some cav reinforcements from your back around turn 10 (the boss will give you a warning), so try to clear out as much as possible to avoid getting overwhelmed. I believe one of them carries a silver lance, so be careful of that.

Oh, liberal use of Marcus and Jerrot is very much recommended, of course.

I haven't played FE6 in a while though, so I might be off on some of the details.

Ugh. I just did this on my randomized run 2 days ago. What gave me the most trouble was the area around the arena when both armies clash. Those wyvern riders just didn't want to die. Noah and Trent were priests and Zelot a crappy general. The next chapter was way worse, oh my god. You have to understand. None of my prepromotes were mounted, my Jagen was a bishop whose light magic tome ran out of durability fast and Zelot was goddamn general Wendy that dies by doubles from soldiers so getting to Lilina, in this case thief Cath, was a slogfest and trying to keep her alive was frustrating. I rage quitted a lot. I dislike these kinds of maps, but I liked Thracia's way of adding something in the middle, rather than just be one unit circling a few squares around in the map. Slightly moving around to not get hit by archers is rather boring

Edited by silveraura25

I remember everyone talking about how difficult this map is, but luckily I finished it in just a few tries. The safest start seems to be going right toward the houses, I didn't took care of all the reinforcements, but just went for the boss. I usually like to Arena here on Normal mode, but it should be ignored for hard mode. As usual it's good practice to enter the gates from the side instead of the front door.

But things can get very random, especially with the new recruitments, I wouldn't worry about getting Treck at all. The biggest threats are obviously the Wyvern, who might survive hits from your archers too due to their high defense. If you think you can take down the reinforcements, then you should take it slowly, it's better to play defensively sometimes.

You can always Report your first post, and request a closure. . .except I'll keep this open until you actually beat the chapter!