Hello From a (fairly) New FE fan

Electric-Gecko

Hello.  I am a fairly recent fan of Fire Emblem, having only played FE Heroes and FE Awakening.  I am in my early 20's and living in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Until recently, I only knew there was a franchise called "Fire Emblem", but only because I was into Super Smash Bros Brawl in late Elementary school.  I knew that Marth and Ike were from it, but didn't know what the games were about.

I have only played a rather small number of RPG's throughout my life (although I'm not a particularly heavy gamer).  I played an RPG on PC called Fate when I was about 9, and the last two Spectrobes games for DS & Wii (action RPG's) at 11-12.  I never got my hands on a Pokémon game back then, but about 3 years ago, as my younger brother got into Pokémon, I started playing Pokémon Ruby on an emulator after a long time of never playing RPGs.  On the strategy side the closest game I have played to Fire Emblem (before FE Heroes) is chess.

When Fire Emblem Heroes came out, I was curious because Fire Emblem is a Nintendo franchise that I had no experience with.  I was into it for awhile.  But eventually, I was sick of the Gacha system and decided it was time to get a true Fire Emblem game.

I got Awakening, and it was more different from Heroes than I expected.  But I liked it once I got the hang of it, though it's by no means a perfect game.  I have completed the game on Normal difficulty, and now I have 3 save files for Hard difficulty.  My 3rd save was an Iron-man run, until my unit count went too low.  My 4th is a planned run, where I have planned all marriages, and who is allowed to die when.

FE Heroes feels more shallow after playing Awakening, but there are some aspects that I like about Heroes.  Namely, the Skills in Heroes are more strategy-oriented, and it's more chess-like overall.

I would like to make my own FE-based tactical RPG sometime, but I will need to develop my programming skills first.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Midnight Torch said:

Welcome to the Forest! Glad to see I’m not the only one introduced to the series through Brawl.

There must be others.  I know that Melee made many non-Japanese gamers aware of it.  But the Wii was my first home console (although I had played Melee at friends houses before), and Brawl was the first Smash Bros I owned.

But FE Heroes was my true introduction to the series.  Since Brawl, I knew that there was some game series out there with the name "Fire Emblem", but didn't know what it was like until I tried Heroes many years later.

Edited by Electric-Gecko

Welcome to the Forest, Electric-Gecko!

10 hours ago, Electric-Gecko said:

My 4th is a planned run, where I have planned all marriages, and who is allowed to die when.

You're not planning on keeping everyone alive? 

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!