My 2DS Circle Pad Broke... Recommended Solutions?

Randoman

So my 2DS circle pad broke around 2 days ago. I first bought my 2DS new around October 2014, so I'm not sure if the circle pad had an above average or below average lifespan.

Anyways, with there being a lot of 2DS/3DS owners on Serenes Forest, what would you guys recommend? Are there any cheap and reliable ways to fix it, whether it be to send it to someone or a home-made fix? Would I be better off buying a brand new 2DS? Which 2DS/3DS model in your experience has the most durable circle pad? Also, would it be possible to transfer over all of my old data on my old 2DS (Streetpass Data, Download Only games like Dillon's Rolling Western, etc.) to a brand new 2DS/3DS?

Define broke - I broke the pad on my first 2DS so that it was more of a nub than a pad, but it could still function.

Also, yes, you should be able to run a system transfer and move all of your data to a new system. The N3DS and N2DS, however, use Micro SDs, so you may want to get a solidly sized one of those to be better than the crappy 4GB one it comes with.

You could go to the Repair 3DS Family System under the Nintendo Support website if you are looking for a repair, but the shipping and repair will most likely cost enough that it may just be more worth it to buy a new one.

I actually bought a New 2DS XL not too long ago, and I can say I love it and would recommend it. Although a couple minor flaws (small stylus, speaker placement), its definitely worth the price in my opinion.