June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Normal Hector, Valentine Hector, and now Legendary Hector. All have an Armads and a Distant Counter. It's become a Heroes staple now.

True, though a boring staple at this point.

Also @Sunwoo Well, at least this year's bunny banner and the current new summer banner don't have Elibe characters, right? xP

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at everybody's more interesting suggestions of which unit may show up. Can't say I saw him coming. Very upset this isn't finally the old man Hector from FE6. Are they saving him for CYL? 

As for the banner, I'm missing all three blues, making it the optimal color to pull. Two greens and Two reds as well, and just one Grey. They put two valor skills in and I'm pulling for both. Colorless Hell isn't ready for me since I'm packing more orbs than I've ever carried at one time.

Green is absolutely off the chain, you have myrrh, hector and Ike? insanely good fodder and units. Definitely sniping green, though me getting Leagult as set me quite a bit back on orbs and i only have about 30 or so. probably won't get anything but i will definitely atleast try for Hector or Myrrh. Wouldn't mind having more steady breath fodder either

Personally, I'm mostly annoyed about two things:

1. For the record, I actually like Elibe. But right now, it's kind of getting very close into Elibe pandering. Actually, I wouldn't even say this is Elibe pandering. It's repeating the same handful of characters over and over again. It's not any different from what they did for a good chunk of last year with Awakening and Conquest, where they kept on repeating the same handful of characters over and over again from those two games only.

And again, I think we expected Hector and Lyn to get legendary forms at some point. But Hector is literally getting a CYL alt and Lyn had a Valentine's alt about two months before her legendary form. What, are they the next Xander/Chrom and Azura?

2. Hector kind of in general. So the first year of CYL, the poll couldn't be taken into account that much because the game had content to go through before anything from CYL could be taken into account. But it's really mind boggling that Hector, who is technically number three male due to Ike and Roy scoring higher last year and being disqualified this year, got more stuff that either Ike or Roy did overall.

Ike has his regular form, a CYL alt, and was the first non-OC legendary. Roy has his normal self, his CYL alt, and a seasonal form. Hector has his normal form, his seasonal form, his legendary form, and a CYL alt to come and the latter three are all in a short period of time! Why?!

EDIT: @Anacybele We still don't know what the second summer banner will be yet

Edited by Sunwoo

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I like Hector, but wish it was bearded Daddy Hector, since this Hector is pretty much the same as OG Hector.

That would work. Or they could've gone in a Durbans-esque direction and made him a shirtless plain-old Infantry unit- a little more mobility for less stats. IS seems to forget that Hector, while promoted to Great Lord is an Armor, his base self in FE7 is just infantry.

Or they could turn Armads into a different kind of Thunder Axe- as in Rock Guitarist Hector.

Or they could make him into a flier, via the Armadschopper (the FE7 animation for that was awesome).

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wanna bet that's gonna be the CYL version? The version of Hector that kept Armads instead of returning it.

Well last year's CYL results had one for every color, and somebody has to get stuck with Green. Although that is Veronique's color, but that doesn't have to be the case for her CYL2 self. 

Our first legendary armor, huh?  I sure hope all the folks on the front page of AA results budgeted accordingly this month.

For anyone else who isn't a Hector super fan, this feels pretty uninspired. 

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well last year's CYL results had one for every color, and somebody has to get stuck with Green. Although that is Veronique's color, but that doesn't have to be the case for her CYL2 self. 

I'm gonna assume that Veronica will basically be a different colored unit. 

I am going to skip this banner since S!Tana is the unit I need the most on the banners out right now.  This Hector looks nice and is my favorite in terms of art, but with the CYL one coming I think I will just hold out for that one.  Why on earth did they make him an armor again?  He could have had a different movement type at least, but no IS goes lets just give Hector better art but keep him the same movement type and same weapon.  I will just do my free pull and hope there is a green orb in the circle because I would love a Myrrh.  The legendary heroes are getting worse in terms of the effort they put in to them, even though I love Hector I am now to the point of skipping legendary banners except for the free pull because of how lazy they are getting with these.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

I could really use SB fodder and Myrrh/Hector would be nice to get on the side. Blue would be a good time to try and fix my -atk Morgan, since I don't have Lyn or Ephraim so anything I get has to be good. Colorless would be a good time to fix my similarly -atk Robin, since I wouldn't mind getting an Elise merge or a Roy.

If not for the fact I don't have Summer Tana or Noire yet and summer 2 is next week, I'd probably pull. I'm going to try and wait for the summer 2 trailer to decide what to do. I don't have enough orbs to dip into all these banners at once.

Part of me hopes that CYL2 Hector will be our sixth Hector just to see the shitstorm that would likely occur. We still don't have Binding Blade, old Hector who can use axes and lances, unpromoted Hector in Blazing Blade could be an axe infantry with Wolf Beil, promoted Hector in Blazing Blade can use swords, and there's bearded Hector at the end of Blazing Blade. Also, Hector wearing Uther's armor.

Also, it is just dawning on me, but with Hector getting Armads so much, is there any chance of anyone other than Lilina ever getting Armads from FE6? Since it is the personally locked to no one legendary axe there without any other like it. Gonzales, FE6 Bartre, Geese, maybe Deke, Echidna, to name a few okayishly popular others who could be seen toting it, but probably can't since Armads is becoming a sixth limb for Hector.

Gray is the only color that interest me here since I would like more merges for Elise and I still don't have Legendary Robin and would like to have her so I can complete my dragon emblem team. Not sure if I really want to seriously spend orb though since I already know Valentines Roy will pitybreak me constantly. No Roy, I do not need you for death blow fodder, that is what the death blow banner is for.

Also, I kind of wished Winter Lissa was on the banner instead of Myrrh just to make green the perfect color for fodder skills of Distant Counter, Steady Breath and Bold Fighter.

Geez IS, how many versions of Armads are you going to make?

Not sure if I'll pull on this banner. For three of the colors, I have most of the units on them or don't care about them, so the only one I'd be pulling for would be Red for Leif. The problem with that is I have really bad luck with the poor kid as I got blocked twice by Reinhardt and once by Panic Ploy Fodder last time, so I don't want to try my luck.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, it is just dawning on me, but with Hector getting Armads so much, is there any chance of anyone other than Lilina ever getting Armads from FE6? Since it is the personally locked to no one legendary axe there without any other like it. Gonzales, FE6 Bartre, Geese, maybe Deke, Echidna, to name a few okayishly popular others who could be seen toting it, but probably can't since Armads is becoming a sixth limb for Hector.

To be fair, would you have expected anyone else besides Eliwood (or special versions of Roy) to get Durandal?

Well, now I can keep going for S!Cordelia without regrets. I hope to get Myrrh on my free summon though, I still have OG!Hector and B!Ike has been my pity breaker for 2 consecutive banners so I don't need more Steady Breath fodder. The other colors don't have anything that I care about with Elise being the exception but I don't want her so much as to dump orbs here.

Edited by Alexmender

Don't mind that it's Hector, but definitely do mind that it's basically the same Hector, bleh. I mean, I'd still happily take a copy, but it's about as exciting as jam on toast. Thought that with Kinshi Ryoma IS had turned the corner and were willing to do something more exciting with Legendary Heroes, but guess that was a false dawn. Hector himself is fine as a choice because he's as valid a choice as any other FE lord, and CYL doesn't come into it because that's voter choice, not IS choice. Just wish they'd do something - anything - different with him.

The worst part of it is now I'm back to expecting such interesting units as Marth/Lucina/Alm with a slightly powercreeped version of Falchion. Give me silly seasonal alts over legendary alts anyday if this is going to continue being the trend.

As for the rest of the banner -

Red: Before the banner I was thinking I'd try for Winter Tharja as I'm still without a ranged armour. However since Blue Lyn is on the banner too, I think I'd rather have the Lyn. Leif is a bit of a nothing unit due to his type, and Ike I already have three copies of. Underwhelming.

Blue: Blue Lyn I definitely need to fill the biggest gap in my barracks. Morgan is neither here nor there since I'm perfectly satisfied with my Summer Corrin, I need my flying mage to be red. Horse Ephraim I already pulled two of, so eh.

Green: I'd love to fix up my -Atk Myrrh but it always depended on who else was on the banner. Bike is a disappointing repeat, sure he's fantastic fodder but I don't like pulling for fodder.

Grey: I'm set with Grima but Roy and Elise are rare types that I'd definitely be happy to have; Roy since I never went Brave on Lyn, and Elise because my only active horse healer is Clarine.

I don't really have any kind of orb stockpile so I'm not in a position to be choosy, but I think what I'll do is open full circles if there's 0-1 reds, but skip reds if there's 2 or more. Frankly I'd rather have Summer Tana than pretty much any of these units, with only Blue Lyn running her close.

Oh joy! It's another Hector, as a green Armor unit with a slightly better Armads and Dc as his A-Slot. How original! Definitely unique. 

Rip Eliwood as IntSys forgot you exist again. My favourite of the trio always gets shafted. *Sigh*

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Don't mind that it's Hector, but definitely do mind that it's basically the same Hector, bleh. I mean, I'd still happily take a copy, but it's about as exciting as jam on toast. Thought that with Kinshi Ryoma IS had turned the corner and were willing to do something more exciting with Legendary Heroes, but guess that was a false dawn. Hector himself is fine as a choice because he's as valid a choice as any other FE lord, and CYL doesn't come into it because that's voter choice, not IS choice. Just wish they'd do something - anything - different with him.

The worst part of it is now I'm back to expecting such interesting units as Marth/Lucina/Alm with a slightly powercreeped version of Falchion. Give me silly seasonal alts over legendary alts anyday if this is going to continue being the trend.

As for the rest of the banner -

Red: Before the banner I was thinking I'd try for Winter Tharja as I'm still without a ranged armour. However since Blue Lyn is on the banner too, I think I'd rather have the Lyn. Leif is a bit of a nothing unit due to his type, and Ike I already have three copies of. Underwhelming.

Blue: Blue Lyn I definitely need to fill the biggest gap in my barracks. Morgan is neither here nor there since I'm perfectly satisfied with my Summer Corrin, I need my flying mage to be red. Horse Ephraim I already pulled two of, so eh.

Green: I'd love to fix up my -Atk Myrrh but it always depended on who else was on the banner. Bike is a disappointing repeat, sure he's fantastic fodder but I don't like pulling for fodder.

Grey: I'm set with Grima but Roy and Elise are rare types that I'd definitely be happy to have; Roy since I never went Brave on Lyn, and Elise because my only active horse healer is Clarine.

I don't really have any kind of orb stockpile so I'm not in a position to be choosy, but I think what I'll do is open full circles if there's 0-1 reds, but skip reds if there's 2 or more. Frankly I'd rather have Summer Tana than pretty much any of these units, with only Blue Lyn running her close.

For Legendary Lucina (Assuming they actually decide to do that), I wouldn't mind a flying Falchion user.