June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So if LA! Hector is "Better!Hector", does that make this guy Best!Hector?

Perhaps, at least until a couple more months and we get Bestest!Hector.

Edited by Alkaid

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arthur97 said:

For Legendary Lucina (Assuming they actually decide to do that), I wouldn't mind a flying Falchion user. 

Yeah I missed a word there, meant to say "infantry". There should never ever be another infantry Falchion again but on any other move type I'd be completely fine with it. As I would have been with mounted Armads Hector.

I'd happily take a flying Falchion, regardless of whether it's Lucina, Marth, Alm, Chrom or Bartre. It's the same reason I didn't complain about Horse Chrom at all - people thought he was boring but he filled a very important role of dragon counter in a Horse Emblem team, and that to me wholly justifies his existence.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair, would you have expected anyone else besides Eliwood (or special versions of Roy) to get Durandal?

Hmmm.... well now that you point it out, Durandal is probably also verboten for not Eliwood or Roy. And maybe Lyn, since there is this beta:

And this makes me think, out of Lyn pandering, will Sue, Shin, Dayan, plus the FE6 Archers/Snipers all be locked out of Mulagir now? Despite them, you know, being the only ones to canonically wield it (besides Hanon of course) while Lyn never did?

FE6 chars are screwed out of two or three (maybe four- Lilina got Forblaze right?) of their legendaries- only Maltet, Aureola, and Apocalypse (and the Saint's Staff- but that isn't actually a Divine Weapon) remain totally free of these worries. Not that I expect legendaries to be widespread, but this is still a little pitiful for FE6's crew.

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

You know, for a weapon that condemns him to a violent death, he's quite attached to it.

Once cursed you're always cursed. So might as well live your one life as freely and happily as you can without caring what anyone else thinks. It's Armads Pride! :Hector:*Mwah!*:MerlinusYoung::wtf:

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Nope, it is Better Better!Hector, you will never have a Best!Hector, for Hector is without beginning and end.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Assuming they actually decide to do that

They will. IS knows easy money when they see it.

I can't guarantee it'll happen before the also inevitable Legendary Roy though.

Okay, I'm still going to pull Lector because I am a Hector fan (and I don't like summer heroes in general). But this is OG!Hector updated for 2018. Even his Armads + B skill work like all-breaker set (but better). I really don't get why they couldn't give him another color (he can get a Rex Hasta that isn't really associated with anyone) or movement (infantry). The release date makes me wonder why they would "screw" their "special" Hector release.

Edit: Why a lord character can't share a weapon with a non-lord? i.e. Hector getting a basillikos

Edited by Crux404

Wow, the new Hector looks really good. With an axe like that, and Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter in his base kit, this dude is bound to be great with little investment required. And more Brave Ikes (I got my first off the Nohrian Summer rerun, but Steady Breath fodder and/or a not -ATK one would be neat) and Myrrhs (I like my Myrrh, but she could use some myrrhges) would be acceptable as well. Gotta pull Red too though, since it has Tharja (please, please come home) and Warding Breath fodder (nothing could convince me to not use Vanguard Ike for Warding Breath fodder, since we got a free one) and the off chance of Leif is alright with me too, and also Colorless because Grima and LARoy might come home (and if I get Elise instead, then mine gets a merge, which is alright). Just gonna steer clear of Blue this time, since I already have Horse Ephraim, Armored Lyn doesn't especially interest me, and F!Morgan could just show up in the regular summon pool.

This makes me glad I started saving Orbs shortly after pulling Summer Tana.

Though I do have to wonder what they're gonna do with CYL2 Hector now...

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Without seeing Legendary Hector's stats, I'm gonna assume that a pure-Player-Phase build would maybe be better pulled off by LAHector since he has Berserk Armads and the new Hector doesn't, but outside of that, yeah this will probably be Best!Hector until CYL2 Hector drops and powercreeps this new one.

Man, now that I think about it, regular Hector could really use a refinement on vanilla Armads to keep up with himselves, huh?

Honestly, if the greens weren't so appealing, I'd actually skip out on this legendary banner.  I need Distant Counter for my Est, some Steady Breath fodder, and I'd be happy to have a Mhyrr(?)

Hector is terribly uninspired but damn does he look powerful. The gimmicky Omnibreaker OG Hector is now complete and better than ever. Green is FUCKING STACKED for skill fodder. DC, Vengeful Fighter, and SB. Plus Myrrh is the most precious thing to grace Fire Emblem. Oh god, this is going to be a lolno green orbs banner, isn't it? Makes me wonder what the July greens will be. Lyn/Grima/Lissa pls?

Heh, OG Hector is also getting a BHB soon. Doubt many will roll on him unless they got screwed by the Legendary banner.

The other colors are decent too. Morgan, Tharja, Roy and Robin would be nice.

34 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Normal Hector, Valentine Hector, and now Legendary Hector. All have an Armads and a Distant Counter. It's become a Heroes staple now.

Right. The Ikes also have both breath skills.

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And again, I think we expected Hector and Lyn to get legendary forms at some point. But Hector is literally getting a CYL alt and Lyn had a Valentine's alt about two months before her legendary form. What, are they the next Xander/Chrom and Azura?

Ike has his regular form, a CYL alt, and was the first non-OC legendary. Roy has his normal self, his CYL alt, and a seasonal form. Hector has his normal form, his seasonal form, his legendary form, and a CYL alt to come and the latter three are all in a short period of time! Why?@Anacybele

V Hector and L Hector were probably already in the pipeline before the CYL2 results were in. That said, there is no excuse for them to release an Elibe seasonal and 2 Elibe Legendaries so close together.

Edited by NekoKnight

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this makes me think, out of Lyn pandering, will Sue, Shin, Dayan, plus the FE6 Archers/Snipers all be locked out of Mulagir now? Despite them, you know, being the only ones to canonically wield it (besides Hanon of course) while Lyn never did?

I think this would legitimately piss me off. Hector and Eliwood at least have the excuse that Armads and Durandal were locked to them in their own games. Lyn never so much as looked at Mulagir in hers.

EDIT: @NekoKnight I get that, yeah. But that still means they were going to give us two Hectors in a short amount of time.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I think this would legitimately piss me off. Hector and Eliwood at least have the excuse that Armads and Durandal were locked to them in their own games. Lyn never so much as looked at Mulagir in hers.

For me Lyn getting Mulangir isn't really the problem, alts are supposed to come for alternate realities or something. Knowing only her- a character that indeed didn't touch the weapon- however does.

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah I missed a word there, meant to say "infantry". There should never ever be another infantry Falchion again but on any other move type I'd be completely fine with it. As I would have been with mounted Armads Hector.

I'd happily take a flying Falchion, regardless of whether it's Lucina, Marth, Alm, Chrom or Bartre. It's the same reason I didn't complain about Horse Chrom at all - people thought he was boring but he filled a very important role of dragon counter in a Horse Emblem team, and that to me wholly justifies his existence.

She is the best option for flying I think as I don't think the others had access to flight at all.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They will. IS knows easy money when they see it.

I can't guarantee it'll happen before the also inevitable Legendary Roy though.

Don't be so sure. They for some reason, passed her up for the Awakening spot already. Also, Roy before her...let's not go there.

At least it isn't someone I want this month since I did spend all my orbs on the summer banner (to not get a single focus unit even if I did get Zelgius).

2 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

For me Lyn getting Mulangir isn't really the problem, alts are supposed to come for alternate realities or something. Knowing only her- a character that indeed didn't touch the weapon- however does.

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't mind Lyn getting Mulagir. I would mind if Mulagir gets locked to just her as "Lyn's personal weapon" in Heroes even though she never wielded it in her own game.

I don't regret focusing on the summer banner :D I already have both og Hector and V!Hector so L!Hector isn't necessary at all for my barracks. Distant counter + Armads is getting dull and there's more than three characters from Elibe. I do regret having to skip out on a potential Myrrh though :/

I think I'm going to have to do the prudent thing this banner and pull only for green. Hector is an obvious target, but so is Brave Ike as I am desperately in need of more Steady Breath fodder. Myrrh isn't particularly high on my priorities since I already have one fully built, but more Hone Dragons would be highly appreciated so I can actually begin to spread it around.

I really want more copies of Winter Tharja and Valentine Lyn, but I don't really have any justification for pulling on those colors for just them. Well, blue is all medium priority, but that's just medium priority compared to what's in green.

As for Hector himself:

Thunder Armads is extremely lackluster when compared against the offensive powerhouse that is Berserk Armads, but his kit tells you exactly what he's intended to be. He literally has all of the enemy-phase skills that actually matter for a unit intended to tank for ages: prevention of follow-up attacks for the opponent, all-range counterattack, and a guaranteed follow-up attack for himself.

Ostia's Pulse is also kind of a let-down for me as it's pretty much just Pulse Tactic. The Tactic-type restriction of no more than two units of a single movement type makes the skill completely dead weight when attempting to use him for scoring, but I think that was the intention.

That said, his player phase is almost guaranteed to be good simply because this is Hector and his Armads, and there's nothing wrong with just dropping Bold Fighter and Quick Riposte on him and calling it a day, especially since Ostia's Pulse incentivizes running only two armors, meaning less competition for the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal.

Wada Sachiko's been hitting the ball out of the park with her art, though.

As for Ostia's Pulse:

Oh, boy. This is going to be annoying on enemy 2-2 teams, assuming I don't bother to bump my score up to the range of only armors. You get one armor to pair with this and what better choice than Zelgius, who can now run an instant Black Luna set with Slaying Edge and Quickened Pulse. Berserk Armads Hector also reaps the benefits of instant Bonfire when running Quickened Pulse and Wrath.

Ayra is also an obvious pick as a teammate as she can now run an instant Regnal Astra with Slaying Edge alone and hand Quickened Pulse to someone else (like Zelgius or Berserk Armads Hector).

As for anything else:

I hope I get luckier this time and pull a mountain of Hectors and Ikes so I can put my sights and wallet back on the summer banners. Focusing on a single color should help.

I love Hector, he was one of my favorite characters in Blazing Sword, but...why? Why are they crippling one of the best units to one specific movement and weapon?? I get that using was his thing, but, c'mon IS, at least switch it up to Wolf Biel for some variety if you're gonna keep him as one unit type. I think I'm gonna give him a miss for now and that stings at the collector in me.

27 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

You know, for a weapon that condemns him to a violent death, he's quite attached to it.

Armads is actually a Behelit. Even if Hector were to lose it or cast it away, it would find its way back to him. Fate is already written.

Edited by NekoKnight

Man, I'd even been hoping for an armored legendary, but. Not like this.

Well, gotta break my habit of going for every legendary at some point. May as well be now.

Edited by Othin

I love Hector, but him being an Armor+Armads+Distant Counter man does get old after a while. I wonder if the CYL Hector will end up being an Infantry Unit with Wolf Beil (Effective against armored and cavalry foes), and maybe they'll toss in Distant Counter because Hector.

The Legendary Banner looks amazing and I would love a Legendary Ephraim and an Elise, but I already spent my orbs trying for Summer Cordelia. Oh well, there's always next time I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Don't be so sure. They for some reason, passed her up for the Awakening spot already. Also, Roy before her...let's not go there.

I wouldn’t fret about that when Ryoma got picked for the first Fates spot when he definitely isn’t that game’s most popular character and arguably isn’t even the most popular Hoshido royal. Lucina will get her turn in time.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I wouldn’t fret about that when Ryoma got picked for the first Fates spot when he definitely isn’t that game’s most popular character and arguably isn’t even the most popular Hoshido royal. Lucina will get her turn in time.

Is he more popular than Xander though?

Looks like I'm pulling colorless/blue.  Green will be if I don't have any better options.  While I don't have Tharja/Leif, I'm not interested in either of them.

Colorless has three units I'm missing, and blue has two (plus a better nature for Lyn).  Myrrh would be nice, but i can live without her.