Jazzman's Sprite Gallery

Jazzman

Serson.png.4c09ae78852e25bd231c7e11cdde2826.png

This is Senson. He is the result of splicing the portraits of Orson, Seth, and Ephraim from Sacred Stones. He also happens to be my first splicing job. Feel free to critique me if you'd like. I would love to learn more about doing this.

His hair is a little weird from the left you can see it look a little cut off, his hair color os also a little weird for the type of guy he seems and his armor and bandana have little contrast make the bandana or the armor a color opposite of the other so it has more contrast and looks  nicer.

Hair - You're missing a couple of pixels on the outline.  Shading's nonexistent towards the back of the head, and that's not a good thing.

Face - Shading is absolutely weird between the far eye and the hairline.  It looks like part of the far eye got cut off, too.  Lock of hair on the other side of the face needs a bit of shading.

Neck - Shading is super-dark here FSR.

Armor - I don't know what that yellow/green thing on his shoulder is supposed to be, but I don't think it's necessary.

Color - Personally, I don't like that shade of purple with that shade of blue.  Would make one of these darker.

Not awful for a first attempt, but definitely needs work.

It looks great for a starter! The more work you put into it the better it will look, so just take time. I often like to just stare at my image and think before I actually do anything. Keep it up man!

Thank you for all this advice! I've tried to take it into account with editing the sprite. 

Edit Log:

• Hair is now a darker shade of blue
  • Armor is now orange
  • Lightened up neck shading
  • A more defined border between face, neck, and armor
  • Fixed shading between far eye and hairline
  • Fixed the outline of the hair
  • Added a little shading by the back of the head.

And here is the sprite! If Y'all have more advice, I'd be grateful to have it sent my way!

Serson.png.71a6ae286798c621c8bb3f3ab8e40247.png