Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

I used my Awakening kids team consisting of Gerome, Lucina, Morgan, and Noire for the first three levels, but I realized they wouldn't cut it for Infernal, so I brought out the ol' reliable Horse Emblem team consisting of B!Lyn, Priscilla, Reinhardt, and Sigurd. I actually managed to beat it on the first try, which I didn't expect at all, and I wouldn't trust myself to repeat my success immediately.

I've come to rely so much on Sigurd's tankiness in particular that I'm not sure I'd know how to beat a challenge like this without him.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have been because Soleil is a certified +10 badass running Aether now, but Infernal went down to her, ToD!Jakob and Azura x2 (LotL and LoB) in my first try and with minimal resistance. So yeah, this was the easiest LHB for me so far.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ha, Escape Route for a second Reposition, very clever. Congratulations! I didn't use any special skills or moves this time. 

I'm looking forward to see Caeda killing Hector #3 herself. 

Turns out, the Caeda clear was just another one-turn, because ew, reinforcements.

Spoiler

I might go back and do a complete rout later, idk. I’m not a fan of that Brave Sword/Swordbreaker Sword Fighter.

6 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@LordFrigid Cool way of using Escape Route there! Your Caeda is a force to be reckoned with.

I felt like this was was a really nice difficulty: challenging but not infuriatingly so (or maybe I'm just more used to these battles now). It took some experimenting with different skills and positioning, but I eventually managed it with my regular ladies (the first Legendary Battle I've been able to complete with them).

Thanks! That Marisa is too, that was some serious damage she tanked on that first round.

I chuckled when the Sword Fighter spawned right in front of your two mages, with no backup. I wonder what he was thinking.

Did it with my under-construction team of F!Grima, Sanaki (F!Grima's support), Morth and Priscilla (replaced B!Ninian because heals were necessary). The biggest problem was figuring out a formation where the Green Cavalier wouldn't instagib someone with the help of the Sword Flier's Even Spd Wave.

Bonus: my earlier attempts involved rushing Priscilla through the enemy formation so she wouldn't die to reinforcements... but in positioning my units I screwed with the spawn points, resulting in the most heinous thing I've ever seen the game do. Priscilla was tanking the Green Manakete during these attempts, and I couldn't kill the badly-spawned Sword Fighter with anyone but F!Grima. One unit would always survive and they would always finish off Priscilla.

Edited by Some Jerk

@LordFrigid Haha, if you ever start to appreciate the lack of reinforcements ... also this one is great to watch. Nicely done, congratulations!

@Some Jerk Nice spawn of that Brave Sword, haha. Cool clear, your Robin tanks a lot, sometimes it's pretty close though. Even Priscilla got a kill. Nice build on your Marth also, Chill ATK is rare. 

@Rafiel's Aria Ooh topic creator. Thanks for opening it up. I was surprised by the way you positioned your units at the beginning. I used pretty much the same strategy there at the beginning. Yours was a lot smoother and quicker though.

@mampfoid I’m really looking forward to your clear! I saw this map and the first thing I thought of was “how the hell is mampfoid gonna pull this off?” It just seems so intimidating to me with the wary fighter effect on armads, the pegasus with guard, and the two cavs at opposite ends. Hope you solve your Vimeo problem.

@Zeo @mcsilas

This was pretty fun map honestly. I had some difficulties in the beginning since it was Eliwood vs everyone else and even he can’t survive everything without some heavy support. Once Hector was gone though, it became a walk in the park, mostly.

Eliwood gets there one day. I really should’ve given reposition to Matthew. Thank goodness for that 4* atk smoke from Kaze. I wouldn’t have been able to clear it with this team if Matthew didn’t have it.

I kinda wanted to have a Hector vs Hector or maybe a Lilina vs Hector. Lilina wasn’t built up though and I did like the idea of including Matthew and Serra instead of Hector.

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Put Ephraim instead of Eliwood.

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Some Jerk Nice spawn of that Brave Sword, haha. Cool clear, your Robin tanks a lot, sometimes it's pretty close though. Even Priscilla got a kill. Nice build on your Marth also, Chill ATK is rare. 

Thanks! I happened to roll a second B!Ninian and had the foresight to wait on building her just in case I rolled a better one - the first had a worse boon/bane, so I fed her Chill Atk to the team buffbot. B!Ninian herself sadly doesn't make the best use of Chill Atk.

F!Grima's tanking would've been less hairy if Morth had Def Tactic 3 instead of 2. I need more coins.

37 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mampfoid I’m really looking forward to your clear! I saw this map and the first thing I thought of was “how the hell is mampfoid gonna pull this off?” It just seems so intimidating to me with the wary fighter effect on armads, the pegasus with guard, and the two cavs at opposite ends. Hope you solve your Vimeo problem.

It wasn't too difficult in the end. I'll upload it today, even if it's on another hoster. 

38 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This was pretty fun map honestly. I had some difficulties in the beginning since it was Ephraim vs everyone else and even he can’t survive everything without some heavy support. Once Hector was gone though, it became a walk in the park, mostly.

Sweet themed team you brought to meet Hector. Ephraim tanking everything and getting help by Lyn to finish the marquess. When Serra and Matthew started to tank things, I thought you had a side-goal to get everyone to single digit HP. ^^ 

30 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

F!Grima's tanking would've been less hairy if Morth had Def Tactic 3 instead of 2. I need more coins.

My tactic seals were upgraded immediately, because they are too practical for TTs and GHB auto-grind strategies. 

Oboro, Innes, Legendary!Ike, Axura

Freacking easy thanks to Oboro tanking and Innes killing most of the enemies

Edited by SniperGYS

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sweet themed team you brought to meet Hector. Ephraim tanking everything and getting help by Lyn to finish the marquess. When Serra and Matthew started to tank things, I thought you had a side-goal to get everyone to single digit HP. ^^ 

Oh shoot. I was confused when you said Ephraim and then I noticed I said Ephraim instead of Eliwood. Must’ve been thinking about the Legendary banner.

Lol that would have been a pretty neat side-goal. Serra had to take a hit to protect Lyn and the other one was simply to lure the red mage. As for Matthew, idk I’d be pretty disappointed with myself if he couldn’t at least take some hits. Ironically his Rouge Dagger worked against him because of that Panic Ploy but he hangs in there.

Infernal L!Hector in one turn: 

This took a little longer, since my Vimeo account was out of space. Hector was not much of a problem, I only had to take out two of his minions first. No SI or Support grinding needed this time. The lance Pegasus with guard prevented a player phase only clear, but I'm not that peacocky. ^^' 

@Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @tobuShogi @Poimagic @LordFrigid @Ginko @Alkaid @Alexmender @Rafiel's Aria @kirauza343 @Charmeleonbrah @Usana @Cute Chao 

@NegativeExponents- (oops, mixed up Ephraim and Eliwood myself as well).  

@Ginko Your positioning on the second turn was brilliant. Everyone was so perfectly placed that the enemy phase was virtually nothing. It was also funny how you shielded Siegbert, a red, from Hector, a green, with Shiro, a blue of all things. Just goes to show you Shiro's tanking potential even with color disadvantage against a unit with as titanic ATK as Hector himself. Seeing your team split up into two to handle the dual sections of the map kinda felt like watching a real FE stage being played. Brilliant. Initially I didn't like the music, but it grew on me as I listened and it ended up fitting the battle pretty well somehow. Nicely done.

@mampfoid Wow... I really thought that was going to be a lot harder for you. You made that look incredibly easy. Bravo. 

@Rafiel's Aria Everyone played a part here. I was kind of worried about Mia at the beginning but that Aether on Hector made my eyes bulge a bit. Also forgot that Lucius was a RES tank when I raised my eyebrow at you leaving him in range of that green cav along with the swordie, Miracle still saved the day for him though. Always forget how handy Micaiah is for... just about any map. I really should utilize her more. Never get tired of seeing Galeforce Raven either (he's still a frontrunner in my Rival Domains and Grand Conquests runs). All in all, you cleaned house. Also I miss your uploads having sound :( , music would make these a lot more epic.

@DarkLordIvy I don't think I've ever seen Close Counter on your Soren before! That was neat to see even if he only utilized it once. After he took that hit all the Ikes basically formed a shield around his precious little brother. Also I noticed it's a youtube upload! First I've seen that as well.

@kirauza343 I don't usually comment on your clears I know, but good work here. That 1 HP Celica had left from attacking Hector was clutch. You wouldn't have been able to do that with Life and Death as your A skill. Really makes me think long and hard about who I'll give my only Swift Sparrow fodder to. Also I always laugh whenever Micaiah takes on green mage cavs.

@Alexmender That one turn when the armor and axe cav first spawned was clutch. I was wondering how you were going to get Cordelia out of danger. I wasn't paying attention to that particular tile you ended up placing her on. You wouldn't have been able to do that with any other type of unit. Very smart. I'll bet it was a bit of a hassle having every unit specifically fight Eirika with reinforcements literally spawning from both sides but you made it look somewhat easy and as usual, Eirika is a raging whirlpool of death.

@NegativeExponents- I can never get enough FE7 themed clears. People may complain about the influx of FE7 oriented content but as the closest game to my heart I can't get enough. Seeing CC Matthew is always a treat but Serra can take a bit of a beating herself. Eliwood taking pretty much all colors was awesome and I'm reminded of Brave Lyn's former prominence. I rarely use her anymore but seeing the hurting she put on Hector was a clear reminder. I loved how you stayed true to FE7 and used music from the game. I kinda wish I'd done the same. It also was cool how the music changed after you beat He-

...Wait... is that "Tears" from KOF99? Kyo's theme?! You can't just do that man!! You can't just do that! I can feel the nostalgia flowing through my veins right now. Somehow it made the vid 2x as epic. Funny though... I've heard more than a few versions of that theme... but not this particular one. I really enjoyed it. Bah, anyways, great as always.

@mcsilas @eclipse @Quintessence @SilvertheShadow @Cute Chao @Usana @XRay @Hawk King @Astellius @LordFrigid @tobuShogi @Glennstavos @Rezzy @Fei Mao @Johann @Poimagic @Nosmur @DefaultBeep @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @Infinite Dreams

Domination... a theme fitting for a battle centered around a unit and character like Hector. Only thing is he's not the one dominating.

It's astounding thinking about some of the options available to my Matthew at this point vs what he had when I first started and just how far he's come. He'll get another point of ATK/SPD with his next merge and round out his last stat boost with a delicious +1 to DEF/RES. But you aren't here for that. So let's just move on. Does Matthew have what it takes to take down a juiced version of his lord, Hector? In a word: absolutely.

I beat this in a couple of tries, almost immediately after it came out because I couldn't wait to tackle it. I beat it with primarily the usual setup, but then I came to the realization that I actually sacrificed a Kaze to him for ATK Smoke a short while back so unless he needs to debuff SPD his C slot is actually free. Slapping ATK Smoke on him gave me freedom to do something unholy: putting the Close DEF 3 seal on him. Stacking that with a DEF refinement on his Rogue Dagger+ and you have a unit worthy of being Hector's Vassal. Come to think of it I didn't even end up really needing "Seal ATK" as his B skill. I could have had an empty B slot and the map would have turned out the same way.

As for this clear, did it bring out the best in his team? In a way, yes. No every unit didn't play a role as active as they've played in the past, but each unit on the team provided key support for Matt in a way that mimiced my original idea for a Matthew team, one with him as the primary offense rather than simply being the leader of a synergetic team. 

What you have here is not only a battle, but a showcase of my Matthew at his absolute best going up against whats probably my favorite male character in the Fire Emblem series as a whole, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's some of the most fun I've had with the game to date and I can only hope that the coming BHB with both normal Hector and Matthew doesn't disappoint. But after a battle like this one, that's a tall order. It wasn't hard, but it was a blast, and that's what it's all about.

Enjoy the show.

Cheers~

@Zeo @NegativeExponents- Thanks guys! 

@Zeo DEF stacked Matthew, why didn't you try this earlier? All those zeros are oddly satisfying.

First thought was you were trying a Matthew solo, but then Ayra took care of the green dragon. Genny surviving only barely by 1 HP, even with Matthews buffs was well calculated. I can imagine you had a lot of fun solving this, it's also entertaining to watch. Congrats! 

@Zeo Before anything else, let me tell you first. Siegbert can survive Hector with his remaining 16 HP but it was my intention to let Shiro protect him. I can move Shiro down 1 space and Hector  will still target Siegbert instead of Shiro being blue. It is similar like yours, Genny can finish Hector instead of healing Ayra but no, you heal Arya and let Matthew took the hit lol. Genny survived axe cav. with 1 HP was too close but I think that you can let Ayra carry Obstruct seal in case if Genny is not +Def. I don't have words to describe how good your Matthew can be. Gamepress must see this and re-rank his tier lol. Amazing as always.

Your post is too lonnng but I don't mind read everything ^^.

@mampfoid Very well done again, nice to see Cordelia perform enemy phase at the end. Let's hope that next BHB will be fun.

Edited by Ginko

29 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid Very well done again, nice to see Cordelia perform enemy phase at the end. Let's hope that next BHB will be fun.

Thanks! 

Yeah, another Hector map should be fun. Matthew being his BHB partner should add some extra fun. 

I managed to do this infernal battle by myself! First legendary hero battle I did on my own completely. ^^ Thank god for Frederick and his ability to tank the shit out of everything not magic though. I don't think I would've had any other solution. I love my Freddy Bear so much! I'm so glad my favorite knight has been so useful to me!

The gist of it was Reinhardt and Sigurd taking care of the two magic peeps while Frederick basically did everything else. lol Not even the ridersbane wielder did any damage. XD The only way any of the physical units could damage him was with a special and even that didn't do a lot. :P

Fourth unit was legend Ephraim since it was my horse team yet again. He didn't really do anything beyond buffing.

Edited by Anacybele

@mampfoid Wow, it was really simple after all. Congrats on the awesome clear!

@Zeo Thanks, actually that positioning took me like 2 tries to find out. I thought I'd use Airzura's Guidance seal to bring Eirika down but turns out taking the throne from Hector and defending from there made the map a lot easier instead of fighting downstairs. 

Wow! Matthew really destroyed this map, with that Close Def seal he's basically a mobile fortress with a cannon included. The moment where Genny survived with 1 Hp was really clutch, without the Rogue dagger buffs she would've died, that was really clever. It must have felt really awesome to see Matthew defeat his liege in battle, congrats!

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I managed to do this infernal battle by myself! First legendary hero battle I did on my own completely. ^^ Thank god for Frederick and his ability to tank the shit out of everything not magic though. I don't think I would've had any other solution. I love my Freddy Bear so much! I'm so glad my favorite knight has been so useful to me!

The gist of it was Reinhardt and Sigurd taking care of the two magic peeps while Frederick basically did everything else. lol Not even the ridersbane wielder did any damage. XD The only way any of the physical units could damage him was with a special and even that didn't do a lot. :P

Fourth unit was legend Ephraim since it was my horse team yet again. He didn't really do anything beyond buffing.

First off, hi ana it's been a long time

Second of all, congratulations! This one was pretty tough tbh

It's cool that Frederick was actually the key to helping you win, I know how much you love him and he was one of your first 5 stars as well

Sweet ~ horses OP