Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

First off, hi ana it's been a long time

Second of all, congratulations! This one was pretty tough tbh

It's cool that Frederick was actually the key to helping you win, I know how much you love him and he was one of your first 5 stars as well

Sweet ~ horses OP

Yeah, dude, where've you been? :P I've tagged you in some things in the past, but you just seemed to have vanished!

Yeah, these legendary hero battles are something else. I had a lot of trouble with each one of them until now.

Freddy's been the key to winning a lot of things lately. His physical tanking just trivializes half or most of a lot of battles. xP The only time I can't rely on him so much is if the map has a lot of mages. He was my first 5 star period, actually. :P

And horses with buffs and equal blessings = OP! XD

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/28/2018 at 12:22 PM, mampfoid said:

@tobuShogi perfectly timed Vantage kill in one hit by Camus! Also Roy's showdown with Hector was very close, nice to watch, congratulations! 

Thanks! I usually have Camus bait things but this is one of the few times that Vantage came in handy at the right moment.

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This took a little longer, since my Vimeo account was out of space. Hector was not much of a problem, I only had to take out two of his minions first. No SI or Support grinding needed this time. The lance Pegasus with guard prevented a player phase only clear, but I'm not that peacocky. ^^'

If you're low on space, you might want to give streamable a try again. They don't require you to register to upload a video but you might want to do it anyway to so there's an account attached to your videos.

That Lance Pegasus also posed a slight problem. Reinhardt was just able to tank her down in 4 hits. I need more merges for him. Cordelia too.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:26 PM, kirauza343 said:

@tobuShogi Clears like this make me wish I had a Brave Roy to mess around with. Nice job!

Thanks! BH!Roy is fun to have around. Too bad he's only been rerun once. If you can always try his play style out if you have a Siegbert and give him the HB seal.  

Edited by tobuShogi

@mampfoid Very nice! A shame about the guard, but a one turn clear is still a one turn clear. Really it looked like an easy one for you.

@Zeo Daaaaaaaaaang, that was so impressive! Your Matthew is truly an amazing physical tank. Genny surviving that cavalier with 1 hp was also nailbiting, nice job working that out!

Sorry about the opening post, guys. I still haven't been able to edit in actual pictures instead of links. >.> I tried on a few different computers + my phone, but I either get stuck in the "are you a robot" verification loop which erases my edits half the time or inserting the picture causes the page to just crash before I can actually submit it. If you'd like, I can edit in links to enemy/reinforcement stats as well. Sorry about that... If anyone knows what's up, feel free to let me know so I can fix things. Until then, I'll just continue to blame my janky devices. 

On 6/29/2018 at 12:24 AM, Vaximillian said:

Horses are our salvation, and Reposition is the harbinger of judgement.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Horses have been (and probably always will be) some of the best ways to clear these maps. IS likes to throw us some curveballs, but Rein+Lyn+Dancers is always a fabulous strategy. That's what I use for Chain Challenges because I don't got time to be creative with those.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:26 AM, kirauza343 said:

@Rafiel's Aria It's still so weird to me to see Lucius as such a powerful attacker. Nice use of Miracle there, and isn't Thani so much fun?

I felt like this was was a really nice difficulty: challenging but not infuriatingly so (or maybe I'm just more used to these battles now). It took some experimenting with different skills and positioning, but I eventually managed it with my regular ladies (the first Legendary Battle I've been able to complete with them).

Lucius deserves the best! I like to think of how scary he would be if I could give him an offensive special... But Miracle has been incredibly useful in these clears. Thani is the best. Sometimes I forget that it's effective against horses AND armors. Glad to see you using her too! She just wrecks things. lol 

Your Marisa is as impressive as always. I was a little worried at the beginning, but she tanked everything and WRECKED things in that opening move. Celica surviving Hector with 1 HP was some nice drama too. She's another fabulous unit I need to start using more again. I've been using her in the Arena this week, and I'm falling in love all over again. Back off, Alm.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:47 AM, Alexmender said:

@Rafiel's Aria Very nice clear! It was very impressive to see Mia tank so much stuff and the use of Miracle to survive the manakete was awesome!

----

@Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefyingFates

This one took a few tries and some skill changes (Hone Fliers in particular was necessary here) but in the end it wasn't that hard to solve. The blue armor was the worst part as I had to restart at least 4 times because I was unable to kill it without two consecutive Aethers. 

Thanks! But man... Mia doesn't even compare to your Eirika. Like WOW. This clear was basically Eirika telling everyone "just try and damage me." Those crazy Aethers were so satisfying. I was really curious about that blue armor, but she managed to destroy him in the end. I still need a red +10 project. Getting copies of M. Morgan is slow going, but I have 8 spare Eirikas right now, and she's currently +1. So I'm hoping maybe I'll be able to pull one more, but she's for sure my next project.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:20 AM, DarkLordIvy said:

I managed to not spend my entire morning on this hooray! It took a few tries but not nearly as many as Ryoma's map.
Soren was the only one who needed a bunch of skill swapping and vIke only needed a quick c skill change.

@Rafiel's Aria I love your Lucius by the way, your clears are fun.

Thanks! I love how all the Ikes just kind of cluster around Soren. XD Man. I wish I had a harem that nice. It's also kind of satisfying to see all of those Aethers. Like...it feels as if someone always has an Aether ready to go at any given moment. Also, awesome music!

(I'll have to respond to my other tags later. Gotta' get to some chores first.)

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, dude, where've you been? :P I've tagged you in some things in the past, but you just seemed to have vanished!

Yeah, these legendary hero battles are something else. I had a lot of trouble with each one of them until now.

Freddy's been the key to winning a lot of things lately. His physical tanking just trivializes half or most of a lot of battles. xP The only time I can't rely on him so much is if the map has a lot of mages. He was my first 5 star period, actually. :P

And horses with buffs and equal blessings = OP! XD

Just busy with life ~ I only go on sf on my computer and I've not really been around my computer much so /shrug

Ordinarily I am able to just do Infernal easily with no trouble, but I too have found these present a lot more of a challenge. Which makes me a tad happy. Then again I do have a +10 Nino so

How many merges is frederick at anyway?

@Zeo That was such an awesome clear! I never tire of seeing your Matthew in action. 54 defense Matt on EP just by having Inigo near him and rouge dagger buffs. That’s monstrous! Genny surviving that Axe Cav had me at the edge of my seat. I thought Ayra must have had obstruct or that you were gonna use her to hold a choke point but nope. Simply incredible.

What was the third piece of music you used though? I’ve definitely heard it before but I just can’t figure out where it’s from. Guilty Gear??

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- I can never get enough FE7 themed clears. People may complain about the influx of FE7 oriented content but as the closest game to my heart I can't get enough. Seeing CC Matthew is always a treat but Serra can take a bit of a beating herself. Eliwood taking pretty much all colors was awesome and I'm reminded of Brave Lyn's former prominence. I rarely use her anymore but seeing the hurting she put on Hector was a clear reminder. I loved how you stayed true to FE7 and used music from the game. I kinda wish I'd done the same. It also was cool how the music changed after you beat He-

...Wait... is that "Tears" from KOF99? Kyo's theme?! You can't just do that man!! You can't just do that! I can feel the nostalgia flowing through my veins right now. Somehow it made the vid 2x as epic. Funny though... I've heard more than a few versions of that theme... but not this particular one. I really enjoyed it. Bah, anyways, great as always.

I’m with you on the FE7 content. I’m taking while the taking is good. IS seems to alternate with what their focusing on, with the first year been fateswakening and now it’s FE7 with a dash of FE8. So it’s probably only a matter of time before they shift focus to something else.

Funny how you barely use Brave Lyn anymore but I just recently got her so I’m just starting out with her. Definitely feels good to use one of the units that gives me the hardest time.

I’m so glad you liked that I stayed mostly true to Blazing Blade. As soon as I saw Hector I knew I needed use some of the FE7 soundtrack to do him justice.

It most definitely is Tears. I couldn’t help myself. It was just too perfect. I used this cover of Tears in case you wanted to know.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@Zeo I hope Matthew is happy with himself, he just beat up his boss. ;/

But on a more serious note, congrats!  Those reinforcements are a giant pain in the neck, and it was nice seeing them fall one after the other.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:06 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

@Rafiel's Aria Ooh topic creator. Thanks for opening it up. I was surprised by the way you positioned your units at the beginning. I used pretty much the same strategy there at the beginning. Yours was a lot smoother and quicker though.

This was pretty fun map honestly. I had some difficulties in the beginning since it was Eliwood vs everyone else and even he can’t survive everything without some heavy support. Once Hector was gone though, it became a walk in the park, mostly.

Eliwood gets there one day. I really should’ve given reposition to Matthew. Thank goodness for that 4* atk smoke from Kaze. I wouldn’t have been able to clear it with this team if Matthew didn’t have it.

I kinda wanted to have a Hector vs Hector or maybe a Lilina vs Hector. Lilina wasn’t built up though and I did like the idea of including Matthew and Serra instead of Hector.

I thought your opening looked pretty smooth to me. You had an armor so it was going to take a little longer to get to the fighting, but it looked fine! Man. LA!Eliwood is such a fabulous unit. Probably one of my favorite free units we've gotten, and you really made him shine here. He and Matthew worked REALLY well together. It's nice Hector has his friends to keep him in check. XD Even Serra really shined! I don't really play the game with sound on all that often, so hearing her VA kinda' made me want to promote her. It's way too perfect! 

@mampfoid - Super smooth and not even a dancer this time around. Elincia took out Hector like a champ though. Seeing a quad is always really satisfying. And she's one of the few that can achieve it every so often. I do have a 4*+10 Lon'qu with a brave build who might be able to do it, but he also doesn't pack the same punch... Glad you got that whole vimeo storage thing sorted out. I might have to worry about that myself eventually.

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria Everyone played a part here. I was kind of worried about Mia at the beginning but that Aether on Hector made my eyes bulge a bit. Also forgot that Lucius was a RES tank when I raised my eyebrow at you leaving him in range of that green cav along with the swordie, Miracle still saved the day for him though. Always forget how handy Micaiah is for... just about any map. I really should utilize her more. Never get tired of seeing Galeforce Raven either (he's still a frontrunner in my Rival Domains and Grand Conquests runs). All in all, you cleaned house. Also I miss your uploads having sound :( , music would make these a lot more epic.

I really wanted to turn Mia into a pseudo-tank for this. She wasn't quite as tanky as I would have liked, but she didn't let me down either. Fear's debuff turned out to be really valuable for her and Raven too for that matter. Also there's no sound for you? Not even the voices or anything? I've never been able to add music to my videos. I record them on my phone and upload them directly to Vimeo from there. I have no idea how to edit in anything else. But I've always had the in-game music and voice acting and stuff. 

Oh gosh. So I couldn't peel my eyes away from your clear. Just so you know, I sent it to my buddy to watch and said, "Man. Matthew's such trash. Prepare yourself for a lot of zeroes." He's still in awe. And also upset about my clickbait. XD Matthew is insane here. I feel like it fits into the narrative so well. A young Hector wants a sparring partner. Lyn's busy. Eliwood isn't exactly known for being sturdy. But Matthew's always more than happy to volunteer. Sure, he lets Hector win every now and then, and most of the time it's less of a competition and more of means of socializing, but sometimes Matthew has to remind his master why he get hired in the first place. And that's when he kicks his butt. Granted, Hector probably does the same every now and then. 

It was less about team synergy this time around and more about Matthew just kicking butt. Nothing wrong with that. You've put a lot of work into him, so letting him destroy most of a map on his own is perfectly fine. Just a few more merges left. I really hope you can get that one copy you're looking for. 

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Super smooth and not even a dancer this time around. Elincia took out Hector like a champ though. Seeing a quad is always really satisfying. And she's one of the few that can achieve it every so often. I do have a 4*+10 Lon'qu with a brave build who might be able to do it, but he also doesn't pack the same punch... Glad you got that whole vimeo storage thing sorted out. I might have to worry about that myself eventually.

Yeah, Elincia is really fun. I don't think lacking ATK would be lon'qus biggest problem. I built a quad-Hana very early, but rarely used her, because of her movement type. Fliers and Cavs make the better offensive units in my opinion. 

Well I'm not 100% content with the Vimeo situation. I didn't want to use a credit card to book a full year plus-membership, so I created a second account for new videos. 

Didn't really matter who cleared Normal or Hard.

Did Lunatic with Canas, Linus, Azura and Takumi (Was supposed to be Rebecca, but eh). Canas did a lot of the killing as well.

Infernal was cleared by the Ol' Reliable of Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Newmilla and Valter (Valter and Newmilla finally reached S rank as well)

@kirauza343 @LordFrigid Thanks! Don't know why i didn't see your comments before, perhaps because I have browser tabs open on too many devices. 

@Rafiel's Aria I've had the same problem with my project post, I don't know how @SatsumaFSoysoy managed edit his posts. 

12 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

If you're low on space, you might want to give streamable a try again. They don't require you to register to upload a video but you might want to do it anyway to so there's an account attached to your videos.

I've tried streamable once, but I had problems with the upload performance. I'm just splitting my videos on different accounts for now. Perhaps I'll purchase a "plus" account in the future. 

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Just busy with life ~ I only go on sf on my computer and I've not really been around my computer much so /shrug

Ordinarily I am able to just do Infernal easily with no trouble, but I too have found these present a lot more of a challenge. Which makes me a tad happy. Then again I do have a +10 Nino so

How many merges is frederick at anyway?

Ah, I see. I kind of missed you though, man. :(

Actually, he's +10 now! Though even though I've pulled several Fredericks since then, still none have been the IVs I actually want...

I finally had some time to work on clearing the maps that dropped this week, so here's my clear. I tried for quite a while to try and stack enough defense on Tiki that she could tank through the enemy's specials, but eventually I realized it would be simpler to just give her the Guard skill. This also marks the debut of Red units in my clears, somehow I've managed to coincidentally avoid them until now.

@mampfoidwas busy and took me a bit time to tackle LHB Hector Infernal with the Askrtrio

After failing miserably against Surtr in Muspell our 3 Heroes decide to take a training session with their new legendary buddy Hector. The goal: learn how to deal with a defensiv impenetrable wall!

F2P inheritance skill:

Alfonse:
Brave Sword+ (normal Brave sword works too)
Smite
Luna
Brazen Atk/Def (Ares)
Desperation
Hone Spd
Seal: Brash Assault 1 minimum required

Anna:
Noatun
Reposition
Miracle
Brazen atk/spd 2 (Linus) Swift Sparrow or Life and Death 3 will NOT work due to Even turn SPD buff the archer gets from the pegasus flier enabling him to double Anna
Desperation
Attack Smoke 3 (Kaze)

Sharena:
Fensalir
Rally Defense
Sol
Darting Blow
Wings of Mercy 3
Threaten Spd
Distant Defense Seal3

Olivia:
needs: Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Attack and Seal: Drive Def 2, everything else doesnt matter, note movement of AI might change.

After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to clear Infernal with Flier Emblem.

• Caeda (Wing Sword: Eff mod - Fury/Desperation/Iceberg)
  • Hinoka (Hinoka's Lance: Eff mod - Fury/Desperation/Galeforce)
  • Flying Nino (Giga Excalibur - L&D/Desperation/Moonbow)
  • NY!Azura (Hagoita: Spd mod - TA/WoM/Moonbow)

Positioning was a little VERY tricky. But I muddled through somehow.

Late comments ahoy but better late than never

@Zeo omg, hector doing 0 damage at the start was hilarious! Great to see him due it out with his boss, it's clears like these that really make me appreciate the upgraded Rogue Dagger+!

@mampfoid Darn Guard, ruining perfect player-phase GF clears! Haha, still nice to see your clear, WoM is great for maps like these which are normally annoying to manoeuvre. 

@NegativeExponents- Nice FE7 clear! Also I love it when "Tears" from KOF started- brings back memories! (What version of Tears is this?)

Also, what was Eliwood's special? Again, fun to see Hector's retainers battle their boss along with the other FE7 lords

@Rafiel's Aria Nice clear, Fear+ is a very underrated staff! Sure it's not as game-breaking as Gravity+/Pain+ but using it with my Sakura, it's very good at supporting the team and has a bit more power that can be useful. Also Lucius's Miracle activation was very satisfying.

@Ginko You scared me when you put Shiro in front of Hector! Aether healing saves the day though! That's such a useful skill for your Shiro! Also nice music, where is it from and what title? 

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Ginko You scared me when you put Shiro in front of Hector! Aether healing saves the day though! That's such a useful skill for your Shiro! Also nice music, where is it from and what title? 

No need to be scared lol , usually he can tank normal hit from physical green with no problem from full health.

The song is "Hasukoi" from Utada Hikaru. She have many good songs worth to listen if you think you have similar music taste like me ^^.

Edited by Ginko

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

No need to be scare lol , usually he can tank normal hit from physical green with no problem from full health.

The song is "Hasukoi" from Utada Hikaru. She have many good songs worth to listen if you think you have similar music taste like me ^^.

Ooooh, I listened to a few of her songs long ago! Thanks

I supposed I sometimes forget how bulky Shiro can be haha. Maybe I'm just too used to my -Def one haha

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I supposed I sometimes forget how bulky Shiro can be haha. Maybe I'm just too used to my -Def one haha

The next banner he come, Let's pull for him together.

I'll pull for +10, you pull for better IV. That's the same goal that we can share brother!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Thanks and ahoy! 

@Hilda Askir is back again with a lot of beaming action. Nice use of threaten SPD, I don't see that skill often. Desperation + Brash Assault only to kill Hector. Congratulations! 

Actually that Threaten SPD might as well have been empty. Anna had enough spd to double that lance unit with brazen atk/spd and it wasnt needed for the Flying Sword user either.
I actually had Galeforce running on Alfonse first so he did quad the horse unit, but i swaped it out for Luna to make it more Inheritance friendly. Brash Assault Desperation combo only was needed then on the Dragon and Hector.

This was quite a fun map i had to combine stuff i usually used on other maps (Miracle method, Brazen/Desperation Anna, Quad Alfonse but with brash assault instead with Breaker skills etc)